[MOD][WIP] X4: Commonwealth no More

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tomchk
x4

Re: [MOD][WIP] X4: Commonwealth no More

Post by tomchk » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 18:41

Awesome work, I'll have to try this on a separate install.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 20:42

Installed mod this morning after breakfast for a quick look, 9 hrs later I have just saved and exited..... Totally engrossed in the whole experience. Had very few and minor graphical glitches ( combat is excellent ).... I assume you are waiting for the 3.0 update so will ask if save compatible or not ? , no issue just a change in play style.
Is/will there be a HQ, research for blueprints .. ?

EDIT. Sorted … Hacking gets around that problem.... already got some blueprints.

A very well balanced and greatly enjoyed experience.... :)
Last edited by birdtable on Sat, 8. Feb 20, 16:52, edited 2 times in total.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 8. Feb 20, 02:10

Unbekanntes Feindschiff wrote:
Sun, 14. Jul 19, 01:16
[*] New Weapons inspired by the X3 weaponry (I want a HEPT and not an Ion blaster :P )
You can grab one in my VRO mod if you want, I got them back in, as well as PBE, ISR, CIG and few others from X3.

Unbekanntes Feindschiff
x4

Post by Unbekanntes Feindschiff » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 21:28

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 8. Feb 20, 02:10
Unbekanntes Feindschiff wrote:
Sun, 14. Jul 19, 01:16
[*] New Weapons inspired by the X3 weaponry (I want a HEPT and not an Ion blaster :P )
You can grab one in my VRO mod if you want, I got them back in, as well as PBE, ISR, CIG and few others from X3.
Thank you very much. Will definetely do (tweaking numbers of course).

On that note: Your mod seems to have grown quite a bit compared to the last time I took a look at it. Great work there.
HGN

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 17. Feb 20, 18:54

Well "things" have started to break down ,,, log off and reload to keep "things" ticking along... really looking forward to 3.0 update. Using sector satellites mod to minimise traffic displays by placing on outer reaches of sectors and adv sats only at points of real interest. Have you considered exchanging inhabited sectors for empty unexplored ones, would help setup proper bases to work from, my little dynasty has become quite fragmented... Still the best mod since the days of X3.

Unbekanntes Feindschiff
x4

Post by Unbekanntes Feindschiff » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 18:41

Now that Split Vendetta is less than 2 weeks away, I would like to state that going forward X4:Commonwealth no More will require the Split Vendetta DLC. There will be however a version of the mod compatible with the base version of the game, but that one will not receive major updates and will only possibly be fixed in the future, should an X4 patch break compatibility.

What does this mean?

On the 31st of March or shortly thereafter, I will release Alpha 3 of the mod, which mostly just brings compatibility with 3.0 amongst a few fixes and minor changes. Shortly thereafter I will release Alpha 4, which will require ownership of the Split Vendetta DLC and makes use of the assets provided therein.

If you are using the mod through Steam, you will have to subscribe to a different itrem there as the old item will only be updated to Alpha 3 and will be the version of the mod for people without the Split Vendetta DLC.

In addition, due slight changes in faction setup, saves from Alpha 2/3 will be incompatible with Alpha 4. Saves from Alpha 2 should be compatible with Alpha 3.
HGN

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 21:07

Amazing work mate. Hope you keep working on it.
I would love to see X3 content ported to X4 engine.

Unbekanntes Feindschiff
x4

Post by Unbekanntes Feindschiff » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 21:51

I am pleased to announce the release of Alpha3 of the Commonwealth no More mod nicknamed "Old trifecta". Alpha 3 marks the last release to not require any DLC and is mostly focused on compatibility with the 3.0 patch, adding the ships and weaponry introduced in the 3,0 update to the mod's factions, slight rebalancing of shields again as well as the introduction of the "old trifecta" of fighter weaponry (IRE, PAC, HEPT), hence the nickname. Please note that Alpha3 is actually INCOMPATIBLE with the Split Vendetta DLC.

Changelog:
  • Added the Ares and Cormorant to the Paranid and Teladi factions respectively
  • Added the weapons introduced in the 3.0 patch to the factions
  • Made the mod compatible with the 3.0 update (mostly changes in the god.xml)
  • The Xenon now do not "own" all of their matrices at the start of the game, but they do have stations there. This hopefully prevents the factionlogic from completely overrunning the Teladi and Omicron Free Republic border sectors in the beginning
  • Rebalance of shields
  • Renamed the Elite to Buster. Let's face it: That name fits it mucht more
  • Synced up cluster and sector identification properly. Sectors should no longer have a different name on the map than what is spoken. Please report any errors which may have happened there such as sectors having the wrong name now
  • Changed gamestart loadout slightly
  • Added 3 new weapons. The Impulse Ray Emmitter, the Particle Accelerator Cannon and the High-Energy Plasma Thrower
  • Every pilot will now be able to AutoTrade and AutoMine. However, they will be limited to a single sector until they get more skilled
The way forward:
Fairly soon, Alpha 4 will release which will integrate Split Vendetta content into CnM (consequently requiring Split Vendetta and obviously being compatible with it). The plan for Alpha 5 is to add new guns and missiles (most of shich will be modified ones from VRO as Shuulo genersously allowed me to grab some from VRO). Possibly even some of the VRO ships should he allow me to grab a few of them as well. Another thing that needs to be looked at is mission rewards as currently the things which influence mission payout are faction standing and difficulty and I would like to add combat/trade rank to that
HGN

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Mon, 27. Jul 20, 14:09

hi,

any updates on the mod???

Thank you.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”