Station Turret AI?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AngryDome
x4

Station Turret AI?

Post by AngryDome » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 10:32

Greetings!

I've been looking through the game's files and playing around with numbers etc to get an idea of which does what, but I'm not 100% sure I'm on the right track for what I'm trying to achieve.

In essence, I want station turrets (both player controlled and NPC controlled) to have their turrets set to automatically attack all nearby enemies, and include all ship classes (xs -> xl) in their targetting.

Would anyone be able to point me towards the right files to edit in order to achieve this, if it is possible?

Cheers!

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: Station Turret AI?

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 12:34

fight.attack.object.station has the target acquisition and selection logic for station turrets.

AngryDome
x4

Post by AngryDome » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 13:56

j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 12:34
fight.attack.object.station has the target acquisition and selection logic for station turrets.
I'd found that much out myself, although I do thank you for confirming for me. :)

I don't quite know what to change though. I've had a fiddle here and there and made it in to an extension that the game picks up, but I am yet to notice anything working differently. :?

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 14:20

AngryDome wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 10:32
to have their turrets set to automatically attack all nearby enemies
<set_value name="$weapons_all" exact="this.ship.turrets.operational.list" />
<do_all exact="$weapons_all.count" counter="$i">
<set_weapon_mode weapon="$weapons_all.{$i}" weaponmode="weaponmode.attackenemies"/>
</do_all>
<remove_value name="$weapons_all" />

they are already mostly set to attackenemies. just missile turrets are set to defend to conserve ammo and mitigate stations shooting everything with overwhelming force.
AngryDome wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 10:32
and include all ship classes (xs -> xl) in their targetting.
look for:

<find_gravidar_contact groupname="$enemies"

there should be two instances.

remove

class="[class.ship_l,class.ship_xl]"

from

<match maybeattackedby="this.station" class="[class.ship_l,class.ship_xl]" comment="only select l/xl objects" />

in that node.

please be aware that including XS ships means that the station is very likely to hit itself when trying to shoot criminal mass traffic ships.

AngryDome
x4

Post by AngryDome » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 15:45

See that's what I thought! I made similar changes, but it seemed like it didn't do anything. I'll make those exact changes and have a squiz. Thanks!

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 27. Jun 19, 15:45

Despite multiple patches and several re-starts, with mods and without my station turrets will NOT fire at enemies UNTILL fired at.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”