[MOD] Mules and Warehouses v4.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Doctorzook
x4

Re: [MOD] Mules and Warehouses v4.0

Post by Doctorzook » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 13:36

I caught it early on in my save, cause I play on two pc's at different locations. I don't know if I made a save after the bug occured, but all old saves I loaded were bugged even after deleting orders.base.xml. This solution worked for me and maybe somebody could try it out.

close game
delete orders.base.xml
check X4 files for errors in steam (maybe not required)
opt out of beta, let download finish
opt in to beta
start game, load latest save
report back if it worked

Jacem
x4

Post by Jacem » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 02:03

I just installed Mules and warehouses on a running save and all of my unassigned traders are now set to hold position. When I go into them and set them to autotrade set the commodities they are supposed to trade, pick the sector and hit confirm if I wait like five seconds it resets to hold position while I watch. I'm running 2.60 and am wondering if vanilla autotrading is compatible with mules and warehouses.

thank

jacem

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 13:03

Hi,

I see some people have had some issues with this mod during the 3.0 Beta, do we know if it will be updated for 3.0? When I was playing modded, prior to 3.0, this mod was a total god-send when it came to managing my station's resources etc. While I've been vanilla for a while to aid testing 3.0 Beta, I've been so looking forward to being modded again. There are so many things that ES just haven't implemented, that modders have, this mod being a prime example.

If it's not longer being supported by the creator, which is fine of course, are there any alternative? I see there are some spin-off mods that add additional features, but I've not tried any of those.

Scoob.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 16:04

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 13:03
Hi,

I see some people have had some issues with this mod during the 3.0 Beta, do we know if it will be updated for 3.0? When I was playing modded, prior to 3.0, this mod was a total god-send when it came to managing my station's resources etc. While I've been vanilla for a while to aid testing 3.0 Beta, I've been so looking forward to being modded again. There are so many things that ES just haven't implemented, that modders have, this mod being a prime example.

If it's not longer being supported by the creator, which is fine of course, are there any alternative? I see there are some spin-off mods that add additional features, but I've not tried any of those.

Scoob.
Hi, Scoobs.
It will work with Beta 6 H1 but you need to manually unpack and Re-pack the cat without order.base.xml as there is some bug in that which makes all the traders just stop.

Alternative yes, TaterTrader does what this will do to a degree, You choose to select a sector or station as trader home you can then tick the Homebound which forces the trader to go back to its home after each trade and most important you can tick 'Station Trader' this last one forces the trader to trade for the player stations within the home sector or for the station set as home.

Among many many other options at your disposal, I tend to setup traders per station 1-3 of em as station trader with a Max Sell gate distance of 0 and return to home, I set Home to a station of choice this makes the trader be assigned to the station as a subordinate except tater trader controls it as usual not the normal logic so it will buy and sell only for that station
Last edited by Misunderstood Wookie on Wed, 4. Mar 20, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 16:48

Honestly, It seems that original author has not shown up since Jul2019, so I dont think this mod will be updated. Maybe you Wookie? I never used it but would like to try.
I suggest to post an updated version in separate thread so people can actually use it, we will see what to do with it if/when original author will come back/

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 21:11

Thanks Wookie and Shuulo.

It would be nice if this was updated / taken over by someone else if the original author isn't maintaining it any more. It did do exactly what I wanted when I was using it last. So, if only a "compatibility" update uploading a version with the described fix, would be cool.

Scoob.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 01:26

Any modder could upload the compatibilities it's one file which bugs out vanilla traders and mules I suspect due to back-end changes the code isn't working but it's odd they behave fine without it and nobody knows what the move order file is doing I asked nobody responded.

I don't usually make ai scripts but I can re publish without the bad file to get it working for those who aren't technically inclined to make the change themselves I'll do it when I'm home from work tonight.

I basically just use tater trader from deadairs GitHub for everything as he fixed the two bugs it had and it serves every purpose to u need only thing missing is auto grouping based maybe I'll add that
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 04:57

Misunderstood Wookie wrote:
Tue, 3. Mar 20, 16:04
Scoob wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 13:03
Hi,

Scoob.
Hi, Scoobs.
It will work with Beta 6 H1 but you need to manually unpack and Re-pack the cat without move.order as there is some bug in that which makes all the traders just stop.

Alternative yes, TaterTrader does what this will do to a degree, You choose to select a sector or station as trader home you can then tick the Homebound which forces the trader to go back to its home after each trade and most important you can tick 'Station Trader' this last one forces the trader to trade for the player stations within the home sector or for the station set as home.

Among many many other options at your disposal, I tend to setup traders per station 1-3 of em as station trader with a Max Sell gate distance of 0 and return to home, I set Home to a station of choice this makes the trader be assigned to the station as a subordinate except tater trader controls it as usual not the normal logic so it will buy and sell only for that station
thanks for sharing, i too got stung by Station Mule. TIme to tarta

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 18:33

Done, It is now usable in Beta 3 and likely next stable version of X4 I will not update this but for now, it should work.
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/416
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 20:06

Thanks for doing this. I've not actually done any modding in X4 yet myself, whereas I did a lot in prior X-Games, mostly X2 and the various X3 titles. I got a bit lazy with XR, only doing a Hull Shield mod, before it got added as a vanilla feature.

Scoob.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 03:36

Misunderstood Wookie wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 18:33
Done, It is now usable in Beta 3 and likely next stable version of X4 I will not update this but for now, it should work.
Nice thanks a much and a very much.

borfeus

Post by borfeus » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 12:49

Hi everybody, this mod is AWESOME but I have a problem...

https://imgur.com/a/JqgE38w

I'm trying to move Food and Meds between two of my stations (In the same system) and my little transporter show me this... The worst part is that this instruction is on constant milisecond loop, and this do a huge drop in my performance.

As you can see, the Ware that my Courier is trying to move is Energy Cells, and that option is deactivated!

Also, "Allow low volumes" is deactivated too...

Can somebody help me please?

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 12:26

I may look into it.
I started a new version of this to fix it for update 3.0

Can also find it on steam, if the OD comes back I will pull it down upon request tho.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”