[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:35

Dinoff wrote:
Sat, 18. Jul 20, 11:52
Loose files. Its been years since i last did text editing on an x game so all my knowledge is gone.
Luckily with loose files, all you have to do is replace some values.

You have to change the locations in galaxy.xml for the star wars clusters. The annoying part, is that in game coordinates do not directly translate. I taught shuulo pretty much everything I know about map modding so he would probably be able to help you with some coordinates.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:39

I figured I should actually put something out about the current status of my mods and what to expect in the future:

I am done with X4 and have no plans to continue playing or modding this game. I do still occasionally check stuff to help people out (what's the point of all this self taught knowledge if I don't spread it).

People are more than welcome to use code from my mods, just give credit (even if it's just a comment in the code). If anyone wants to take over any of my mods, let me know and I'll send you whatever code I have lying around and misc resources.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:53

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:35
Dinoff wrote:
Loose files. Its been years since i last did text editing on an x game so all my knowledge is gone.

You have to change the locations in galaxy.xml for the star wars clusters. The annoying part, is that in game coordinates do not directly translate. I taught shuulo pretty much everything I know about map modding so he would probably be able to help you with some coordinates.
Thanks,
I will have to look a bit harder. would it be possible for you to highlight what section of the text i need to change in the map and other files to properly move the sector?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 05:31

Dinoff wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:53
DeadAirRT wrote:
Dinoff wrote:

Thanks,
I will have to look a bit harder. would it be possible for you to highlight what section of the text i need to change in the map and other files to properly move the sector?
You will have to change the position in maps/xu_ep2_universe/galaxy.xml

it should look something like this for the star wars clusters:

Code: Select all

<connection name="Cluster_DA1_connection" ref="clusters">
		<offset>
			<position x="0" y="0" z="34640000" />
        </offset>
        <macro ref="Cluster_DA1_macro" connection="galaxy" />
	</connection>
x is left/right on map
z is up/down

y will cause you headaches

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 12:24

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 31. Jul 20, 05:31
Dinoff wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:53
DeadAirRT wrote:

Thanks,
You will have to change the position in maps/xu_ep2_universe/galaxy.xml

it should look something like this for the star wars clusters:

Code: Select all

<connection name="Cluster_DA1_connection" ref="clusters">
		<offset>
			<position x="0" y="0" z="34640000" />
        </offset>
        <macro ref="Cluster_DA1_macro" connection="galaxy" />
	</connection>
x is left/right on map
z is up/down

y will cause you headaches
Got it. so basically i just need to fiddle with x and z until i find an open spot on the map.

Nazeth
x4

Post by Nazeth » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 21:00

Hey. i noticed, that Xenons grow very fast, and AI can't stop them. After few days of gameplay few factions lost their capital systems and xenons have now more than 200 XL ships.

Also with your mod and Faction Enchancer still all factions are very passive in warfare, and really dont want to invade other others.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 09:50

DeadAirRT say, do you just keep TaterTrader up to date with game patches, or do you spend some time actively developing it?

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 17:09

AtilaElari wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 09:50
DeadAirRT say, do you just keep TaterTrader up to date with game patches, or do you spend some time actively developing it?
I thought they were mainly maintaining, though looking at the GitHub repo it looks like they did do some developing on efficiency.

But since they are no longer working on X4 I think it's safe to say the extension is "up for grabs".
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:39
I figured I should actually put something out about the current status of my mods and what to expect in the future:

I am done with X4 and have no plans to continue playing or modding this game. I do still occasionally check stuff to help people out (what's the point of all this self taught knowledge if I don't spread it).

People are more than welcome to use code from my mods, just give credit (even if it's just a comment in the code). If anyone wants to take over any of my mods, let me know and I'll send you whatever code I have lying around and misc resources.
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

noblejms

Post by noblejms » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 02:39

Hello guys, I'm trying to install DeadAir's awesome DynamicWars mod. However, it keeps telling me that SirNukes Mod Support API is missing, even though I had installed that as well. I am using the newest version 1.78 of SirNuke's Mod Support API, not sure if that makes a difference? In any case, I couldn't figure out what's causing the issue, as I just downloaded both DynamicWars and SirNuke's Mod Support API mods and put them both in my game's Extension folder, just like a dozen other mods I use. Do I need to rename any files within SirNuke's mod to get it working? :?

Thanks!!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 05:05

I wonder if a smaller version of DeadAir gate overhaul could be made? I feel like performance is suffering simply because there is such a large number of sectors in the gate overhaul mod.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 08:05

I wonder if a smaller version of DeadAir gate overhaul could be made? I feel like performance is suffering simply because there is such a large number of sectors in the gate overhaul mod.
I had the same issue, its not too long before game grinds to a halt. I think you need pc running above 4Ghz to use this mod.

could not believe the performance improvement once i switched it off to use default map.

Also the default map is now bigger than it used to be with split added.

I like this mod, but you need power house pc to use it. FPS got so low moving in the map view became impossible.

Also maybe its worth adding option to this mod to let user configure number of sectors and any other factors that may affect fps, so the mod can be tailored to user pc.

Bezlikiy070

Post by Bezlikiy070 » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 01:08

I installed this mod in combination with ROR. The compatibility patch is also installed, everything works, but there is a problem. All new sectors are dark. When you hover over the sector, it is indicated that the lighting is 100%, but when you enter the sector, they are completely dark. Visibility is zero, there is no sun, no stars, nothing. I only see the game interface and the reflection of objects such as asteroids and stations. Is this a bug or have you just never flown into these sectors personally?)

Tarazu
xr

Post by Tarazu » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 19:23

This mod makes the universe really really cool! Kinda makes you wish the original game had this layout. Wouldn't hurt if the universe had been a bit smaller due to lag though.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”