[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nomad15A

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO)

Post by Nomad15A » Sat, 4. Jan 20, 14:26

Understand all. I expected that i had mod conflicts. Just wanted to make a report.

no big deal. was just hoping to add to the conversation.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 5. Jan 20, 13:08

Nomad15A wrote:
Sat, 4. Jan 20, 14:26
Understand all. I expected that i had mod conflicts. Just wanted to make a report.

no big deal. was just hoping to add to the conversation.
Thanks for reporting anyway, i guess ill add a section with incompatibilities on next release

jah
x4

Post by jah » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 21:45

Holy ****, the xenons are quite hard, at this point (~15h in game) they start taking over argon prime. And neither me nor the argons stand a chance. Problem: the whole universe is out of essential wares for shipbuilding, while xenons only need Ore and silicon.
I'm not quite sure if this is due to your mod or because of the faction war mod

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 22:06

jah wrote:
Mon, 6. Jan 20, 21:45
Holy ****, the xenons are quite hard, at this point (~15h in game) they start taking over argon prime. And neither me nor the argons stand a chance. Problem: the whole universe is out of essential wares for shipbuilding, while xenons only need Ore and silicon.
I'm not quite sure if this is due to your mod or because of the faction war mod
I only get this when I use the faction enhancer mod. VRO alone has never caused such massive imbalance. It's why I no longer use faction enhancer.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 22:12

you need faction ai mod as the game will start wars as soon as you start a new game, it gives xenon massive advantage,

and hull parts are missing the most as the vro rebalance uses more hull parts to build ships, xenon are dangerous no matter what you do :mrgreen:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

jah
x4

Post by jah » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 22:28

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 6. Jan 20, 22:12
you need faction ai mod as the game will start wars as soon as you start a new game, it gives xenon massive advantage,
What do you mean by faction ai mod? Where can I find it?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 22:35

jah wrote:
Mon, 6. Jan 20, 22:28
Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 6. Jan 20, 22:12
What do you mean by faction ai mod? Where can I find it?
faction ai, faction war its the same mod, you have it
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 11:49

Still, faction ai mod boosts xenon expansion for me as well, so, if you want a challenge, use it.
@buzz2005 I changed material costs only for destroyers by like 15%, so it should not be that heavy problem for economy

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Thu, 9. Jan 20, 16:48

Just wanted to post the beta Cerberus is awesome (if a bit of a death machine). I also love the new throwback names and the fact that you can buy more than the civilian potato gun blaster now before becoming an ally of anybody. The new 2.0 is looking really good!

Also, the issues I was seeing with the old version and 3.0 (running into stations constantly) have all but disappeared with 2.0.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 9. Jan 20, 17:44

captainradish wrote:
Thu, 9. Jan 20, 16:48
Just wanted to post the beta Cerberus is awesome (if a bit of a death machine). I also love the new throwback names and the fact that you can buy more than the civilian potato gun blaster now before becoming an ally of anybody. The new 2.0 is looking really good!

Also, the issues I was seeing with the old version and 3.0 (running into stations constantly) have all but disappeared with 2.0.
I guess you meant Centaur :) it still has a placeholder collision mesh that is a bit outside of actual model, but i hope this will be fixed till official released.
Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on new missiles? (and i suggest to download recent version from github)

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Thu, 9. Jan 20, 21:17

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 9. Jan 20, 17:44
captainradish wrote:
Thu, 9. Jan 20, 16:48

I guess you meant Centaur :) it still has a placeholder collision mesh that is a bit outside of actual model, but i hope this will be fixed till official released.
Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on new missiles? (and i suggest to download recent version from github)
Yep, I meant Centaur. :D

I actually don't typically play with missiles, so I'm not a good person to ask. I do greatly enjoy the new bomb launcher I'm seeing on my Peregrine. She's becoming a very good anti-cap ship. I just took out a Pirate Behemoth single-handedly (that admittedly had gotten beat up a bit by SOMETHING before I caught up).

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 9. Jan 20, 21:19

captainradish wrote:
Thu, 9. Jan 20, 21:17
I actually don't typically play with missiles, so I'm not a good person to ask. I do greatly enjoy the new bomb launcher I'm seeing on my Peregrine. She's becoming a very good anti-cap ship. I just took out a Pirate Behemoth single-handedly (that admittedly had gotten beat up a bit by SOMETHING before I caught up).
Yeah, bombers now are those few that can do this really, may reduce anti-component damage a bit though :)

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 10. Jan 20, 02:19

Is it possible to play with version 2.0 now?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 10. Jan 20, 09:24

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 10. Jan 20, 02:19
Is it possible to play with version 2.0 now?
PMed

Also, with next game beta update I will release open beta version and will update this thread with new info.

Just_Dan
x3ap

Post by Just_Dan » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 04:50

Good stuff! Just tried it out with 3.0 and it's working perfectly fine so far but I'm sure a bug or two will come up since it's meant for a different version. Really appreciate the re-balance to give it the good ole X3 feel.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 12:17

Just_Dan wrote:
Sun, 12. Jan 20, 04:50
Good stuff! Just tried it out with 3.0 and it's working perfectly fine so far but I'm sure a bug or two will come up since it's meant for a different version. Really appreciate the re-balance to give it the good ole X3 feel.
Thanks!, and yes, VRO 1.96 works with 3.0 but is miles away from what 2.0 brings.
VRO 2.0 for 3.0 will go in open beta when 3.0 Beta 5 will be released, so you'll be able to try it on following weekend i hope

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 16:36

VRO 2.0 is now officially in open beta, Please see the first page for details.

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 23:20

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 15. Jan 20, 16:36
VRO 2.0 is now officially in open beta, Please see the first page for details.
And I was going to have a quiet day..... Now it seems like i am going to WAR!
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:25

I would like to confirm someting, did you buff Xenon S and M weapons in Ver.2.0?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 09:29

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:25
I would like to confirm someting, did you buff Xenon S and M weapons in Ver.2.0?
As far as i remember they should be approximately the same, but keep in mind that M now has 2 additional guns - Xenon short-ranged plasma guns, so its firepower has doubled. Do they cause trouble?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”