[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rastuasi
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 3. May 23, 15:09

Olivera wrote:
Wed, 3. May 23, 10:23
Hi all! Can you tell me if there is a list of ships by faction? I have a suspicion that I don't have ships added, although I do have VROs. I have a feeling, judging by the descriptions, that you and I have different mods.
Of course there is, at least to what's changed, there's an entire Wiki for this mod as linked already on the first post of this thread..

ScandyNav
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 3. May 23, 16:03

Olivera wrote:
Wed, 3. May 23, 10:23
Hi all! Can you tell me if there is a list of ships by faction? I have a suspicion that I don't have ships added, although I do have VROs. I have a feeling, judging by the descriptions, that you and I have different mods.
https://sites.google.com/view/vrowiki/ships-changes
"New Ships and Xenon changes" Tab there.

Valhalla_Awaits
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

Post by Valhalla_Awaits » Mon, 8. May 23, 08:48

Bababa wrote:
Mon, 1. May 23, 12:04
It seems it's impossible to defeat a xenon I with an L ship using this mod. It fires billion projectiles at you with it's L gamma cannons and PPC outranging your main guns deleting any L ship that comes within it's insane range.

So anyone knows how to defeat xenon I with a destroyer?
Your throwing a "destroyer" up against a "battleship" your NOT supposed to win that fight, and if you could, that would be a balance issue. A battleship's role is to kill stations and small groups of destroyers. It's literally the rock to your scissors. A battleship is countered with another battleship or a swarm of bombers which can strip all it's weapons away with missiles or dedicated anti-capital weapons like the gunship's plasma bombs, plasma cannons, or even burst rays on light fighters/bombers which partially bypass shields.

You have to bring the right tool for the job in VRO, unlike in Vanilla where all you had to do was throw more swarms of generically fitted fighters at the problem.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Mon, 8. May 23, 10:46

Valhalla_Awaits wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 08:48
You have to bring the right tool for the job in VRO, unlike in Vanilla where all you had to do was throw more swarms of generically fitted fighters at the problem.
That's why we love VRO so much.

Although sometimes it's a bit frustrating when an 'I' surprises a destroyer group and you don't have time to quickly bring in battleships. So early and long-range reconnaissance is very important.

Teclo Meridian
x4

Post by Teclo Meridian » Tue, 9. May 23, 20:29

Hello, just landed on the boron dlc and installed vro 4.0 on an existing game. All my stations are broken because large PPC are not allowed on argon defence platforms anymore. Only missile lunchers. Is it a feature or just a bug?
Thanks!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 9. May 23, 22:17

Teclo Meridian wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 20:29
Hello, just landed on the boron dlc and installed vro 4.0 on an existing game. All my stations are broken because large PPC are not allowed on argon defence platforms anymore. Only missile lunchers. Is it a feature or just a bug?
Thanks!
The PPC was changed to only be allowed on certain Ships, not defence modules any more. I think Shuulo deemed them a little over-powered and Defence Platforms could be full of them, whereas Ship would have limited amounts, i.e. not all L-Class Turret spots could fit them.

Teclo Meridian
x4

Post by Teclo Meridian » Tue, 9. May 23, 22:57

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 22:17
Teclo Meridian wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 20:29
Thanks!
The PPC was changed to only be allowed on certain Ships, not defence modules any more. I think Shuulo deemed them a little over-powered and Defence Platforms could be full of them, whereas Ship would have limited amounts, i.e. not all L-Class Turret spots could fit them.
Thanks, it's going to be a pain to refit more then 30 stations.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 9. May 23, 23:40

Teclo Meridian wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 22:57
I can imagine. It's not like you got a resource refund for those PPC turret either. Still, I don't think Shuulo took this balance change lightly...

Teclo Meridian
x4

Post by Teclo Meridian » Wed, 10. May 23, 01:18

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 23:40
Teclo Meridian wrote:
I can imagine. It's not like you got a resource refund for those PPC turret either. Still, I don't think Shuulo took this balance change lightly...
some replace tool or at least a default replacement would be appreciated. Right now the turrets just vanish leaving your stations exposed. when you edit the turret setup the station is destroied and rebuilt and you also lose sectors control if any other admin centre is present. The game gets wrecked this way. I guess I'll just restart back with vanilla, honestly this is the kind of shit I don't wanna see in a game.. you spend time growing an empire and everything is smashed by some crazy fine tuning.. makes no sense to me.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 10. May 23, 13:41

Teclo Meridian wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 01:18
some replace tool or at least a default replacement would be appreciated. Right now the turrets just vanish leaving your stations exposed. when you edit the turret setup the station is destroied and rebuilt and you also lose sectors control if any other admin centre is present. The game gets wrecked this way. I guess I'll just restart back with vanilla, honestly this is the kind of shit I don't wanna see in a game.. you spend time growing an empire and everything is smashed by some crazy fine tuning.. makes no sense to me.
Can you not fix it in 5.10 HF3 - i.e. recycle the PPC turrets - and only once that's done load up the v6.0 version?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 10. May 23, 16:49

isnt vro a new game mod anyway, why would he make a tool for somebody that didn't start new game :gruebel:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 10. May 23, 19:06

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 16:49
isnt vro a new game mod anyway, why would he make a tool for somebody that didn't start new game :gruebel:
People wanted to continue their games started in v5.10 (or possibly before). Personally, I've have recycled all the PPC turrets while in v5.10 in preparation for the v6.0 update. I was aware of this change from the VRO Discord, but I don't know if this thread made it clear.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 10. May 23, 22:59

Maybe the turret swap could be doable with find & replace on Notepad++. At least it shouldn't take too much time to try whether the savegame still works after that.
Since the ai might have a few ppc turrets as well, those would be fixed as well. Just need to find the proper string for the ppc turret and then another universal one, which is still available.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Thu, 11. May 23, 10:47

Can someone explain to me what the PPCs are all about. I am currently waiting for ROR to be updated. All the other ship mods I use are already updated to 6.0. So far I'm still at 5.1, I'm not really interested in getting the next nasty surprise.

I couldn't find anything about the PPCs in the VRO 4.0 changelogs.

Which ones are affected?
There are several, after all: PPC Gun, PPC, xPPC.

And what do I have to do to make my 5.1 save run on 6.0 soon?
I am still on 5.1 and can make changes there.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Thu, 11. May 23, 11:17

Polofix wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 10:47
Which ones are affected?
There are several, after all: PPC Gun, PPC, xPPC.
ANT/ARG PPC turret became high-power slot only, like high-power beams.

Teclo Meridian
x4

Post by Teclo Meridian » Fri, 12. May 23, 12:36

Teclo Meridian wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 01:18
Scoob wrote:
Tue, 9. May 23, 23:40
Teclo Meridian wrote:
I've been able to save the game by replacing all the bridge and disc turretts loadout, one by one in some stations and updating a template where I did not move or change the station in any way. For the larger stations I just used the option to change all the modules to high level and added the needed material by the cheat mod. I don't like using th cheat module, but when shit happens...

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Sat, 27. May 23, 17:03

@Scoob

I have translated the remaining lines into German and corrected errors. Among other things a read-text error, which referred to a not existing encyclopedia entry in the german t-file.

If you are interested I can send you the t-file.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. May 23, 12:50

Eagle_Four wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 17:03
@Scoob

I have translated the remaining lines into German and corrected errors. Among other things a read-text error, which referred to a not existing encyclopedia entry in the german t-file.

If you are interested I can send you the t-file.
Did you mean to @ me? I expect Shuulo would be happy to receive the translation :)

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Sun, 28. May 23, 15:20

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 12:50

Did you mean to @ me? I expect Shuulo would be happy to receive the translation :)
oh, sorry, I meant @Shuulo. I mistyped.

Anomie
x4

Post by Anomie » Tue, 30. May 23, 14:19

Hey, I love your mod! Unfortunately I have to play X4 via GeforceNow and would very much like to use your mod. Could you please update the VRO mod in Steam?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”