[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

luckbox
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by luckbox » Wed, 22. Jul 20, 08:55

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 20. Jul 20, 22:34
First version of VRO wiki is now released, will try to improve it as i move with updates, any suggestions are welcomed.
Fantastic job!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 02:28

Hey, saw this error in the log

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 62682.14 No matching node for path '/mdscript/cues/cue[1]/cues/cue[24]/actions/do_if[2]/do_if/do_if[4]/do_if[1]/do_if[2]/find_object_component' in patch file 'extensions\VRO\md\notifications.xml'. Skipping node.
Also, all the missiles have errors like this, don't know if it is intentional

[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_cluster_heavy_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_cluster_light_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_heavy_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_heavy_mk2' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_light_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 18:49

Was boost re-enabled at some point? I've just removed all other mods and opted out of the beta and still new game with vro I have boost.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 19:10

GageDragon wrote:
Thu, 23. Jul 20, 18:49
Was boost re-enabled at some point? I've just removed all other mods and opted out of the beta and still new game with vro I have boost.
Yes it was

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 19:16

I see, thanks for reply.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 20:05

Hi,
"
Merged-in mods (no need to install separately as will conflict):
Faction battleships - adds battleships to factions based on Auxiliary ships hulls
"

I can not find them in game. Should I enable this fearure somehow?
The reset of the new ships are available.

I am using 2.2 VRO

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 20:58

MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 23. Jul 20, 20:05
Hi,
"
Merged-in mods (no need to install separately as will conflict):
Faction battleships - adds battleships to factions based on Auxiliary ships hulls
"

I can not find them in game. Should I enable this fearure somehow?
The reset of the new ships are available.

I am using 2.2 VRO
no additional action needed
if you use XR shippack it will disable my battlesips

Randal954

Post by Randal954 » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 22:36

Can you elaborate some? I use VRO and XR shippack and I'm pretty sure I have most of your ships. I know I've looked at the Gharial in the buy ships menu. I'm not positive about the others right now.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 22:49

Randal954 wrote:
Thu, 23. Jul 20, 22:36
Can you elaborate some? I use VRO and XR shippack and I'm pretty sure I have most of your ships. I know I've looked at the Gharial in the buy ships menu. I'm not positive about the others right now.
Example: the ARG battleship used to be basically a Nomad with extra turrets and revised stats (sorry for the over-simplification Shuulo) but with the XR Ship Pack this is replace by, I think The Titan from X2 fame. There's also the Arawn Carrier and Taranis from the XR ship mod, the former a Carrier (but still a Battleship based on its armaments) and the latter a pure battleship.

I think other race's VRO Battleships have been replace too, but I had no experience of those prior to also using the XR Ship Pack alongside VRO.

Scoob.

Randal954

Post by Randal954 » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 23:18

Ah thanks. Originally sounded like I was losing something by using the shippack.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 11:06

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 23. Jul 20, 22:49
Randal954 wrote:
Thu, 23. Jul 20, 22:36
Example: the ARG battleship used to be basically a Nomad with extra turrets and revised stats (sorry for the over-simplification Shuulo) but with the XR Ship Pack this is replace by, I think The Titan from X2 fame. There's also the Arawn Carrier and Taranis from the XR ship mod, the former a Carrier (but still a Battleship based on its armaments) and the latter a pure battleship.

I think other race's VRO Battleships have been replace too, but I had no experience of those prior to also using the XR Ship Pack alongside VRO.

Scoob.
You are mostly correct, except that Titan is also from VRO and it does not replace Cyclops.
ARG/ANT, PAR/HOP and TEL/MIN battleships from VRO are replaced with XR battleships as author of XR shippack dislike when same hull is used for more than one ship. Gharial is not replaced coz it has custom model.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 11:08

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 23. Jul 20, 02:28
Hey, saw this error in the log

[=ERROR=] 62682.14 No matching node for path '/mdscript/cues/cue[1]/cues/cue[24]/actions/do_if[2]/do_if/do_if[4]/do_if[1]/do_if[2]/find_object_component' in patch file 'extensions\VRO\md\notifications.xml'. Skipping node.
Also, all the missiles have errors like this, don't know if it is intentional

[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_cluster_heavy_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_cluster_light_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_heavy_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_heavy_mk2' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_light_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
Yeah, will fix mdscript with next patch, they seem to update the file in latest versions.
as for missiles - they are assigned for khaak to remove them from other races and it seems to be working despite that error message. will add license to get rid of it though

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 12:06

Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 11:06
You are mostly correct, except that Titan is also from VRO and it does not replace Cyclops.
ARG/ANT, PAR/HOP and TEL/MIN battleships from VRO are replaced with XR battleships as author of XR shippack dislike when same hull is used for more than one ship. Gharial is not replaced coz it has custom model.
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't totally sure which ships were added by VRO specifically. I'm currently aiming to collect at least one of each of the various Battleships / Super Carriers.

Scoob.

Randal954

Post by Randal954 » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 16:08

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 12:06
Shuulo wrote:
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't totally sure which ships were added by VRO specifically. I'm currently aiming to collect at least one of each of the various Battleships / Super Carriers.

Scoob.
That explains the ships I'm not seeing. I did look at all shipyards last play session.

I'm also missing some weapons though. Looking at your chart on the VRO wiki, I'm missing the plasma array and a few others. I'm using the XR shippack, the VRO/XR patch, and the weapon pack. Do those replace weapons?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 17:57

Randal954 wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 16:08
Scoob wrote:
Shuulo wrote:

Scoob.
That explains the ships I'm not seeing. I did look at all shipyards last play session.

I'm also missing some weapons though. Looking at your chart on the VRO wiki, I'm missing the plasma array and a few others. I'm using the XR shippack, the VRO/XR patch, and the weapon pack. Do those replace weapons?
plasma array is teladi and argon iirc ONLY for destroyers main guns, as it seems mod is working fine for you then ALL weapons should be present in game, you just didnt find them yet or looking in the wrong place. Not all races have all weapons

Randal954

Post by Randal954 » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 08:44

Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 17:57
Randal954 wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 16:08
Scoob wrote:

Scoob.

plasma array is teladi and argon iirc ONLY for destroyers main guns, as it seems mod is working fine for you then ALL weapons should be present in game, you just didnt find them yet or looking in the wrong place. Not all races have all weapons
You're correct of course. All appears well!

Thanks for making this fantastic mod!

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 11:07

Really tempted to use this mod, just always cautious when getting an overhall mod while the base game is still being developed

So just curious, does the split also re use there AUX ship as a battleship? seeing that ship is so damm sexy haha
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 14:48

Nemesis_87 wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 11:07
Really tempted to use this mod, just always cautious when getting an overhall mod while the base game is still being developed

So just curious, does the split also re use there AUX ship as a battleship? seeing that ship is so damm sexy haha
Gharial uses modified Monitor Aux ship hull, with additional armor plating

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 15:20

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 14:48
Nemesis_87 wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 11:07

Gharial uses modified Monitor Aux ship hull, with additional armor plating

thats what i was hoping for :twisted:
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 15:51

Some reason i cant use NoSuperHighways, game just does not load while its activated, which is strange seeing its quite essential for this 1 and no one else is having problems
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”