[MOD] BrummBears ship mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What next?

L or XL sized transporter for the Crucible Corp
10%
XL sized carrier for the Crucible Corp
10%
M sized drone carrier for the Crucible Corp
5%
M sized transporter for the Crucible Corp
5%
X2 Mammoth remake
5%
X2 Titan remake
16%
Ebon Hawk
11%
Cowboy Bebop - The Bebop (Ship)
6%
Try a Boron ship!
14%
Try a Boron ship!
14%
Start with Stations already...
4%

Total votes: 243

BrummBear02
x3ap

Re: [MOD] BrummBears ship mods

Post by BrummBear02 » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 03:37

Ghrathryn wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 17:48
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but a few things I've noticed with the Envy:
  • The small dock barely fits some vanilla small ships such as the Kestrel/Falcon… the flat wing fighter from the Teladi (I think) had its engine pods in the walls some.
  • Vanilla issue - small ships launching from the dock will launch through the Envy due to how Egosoft coded the launch sequence
  • Not sure what caused it, but I have had a couple of instances of things not loading for the intraship transport/elevator Once while docked from a small ship it didn't offer the bridge (it had 'empty space' which turned out to be between decks somehow, once on a station tried to drop me through the station, I know the latter is vanilla, not sure on the former
  • Less issue, more a :? :gruebel: from me, but the bottom turret leaves it pointing straight into the docking bay. Not sure if it fires in that direction, but it does make it look like the ship will shred any carried craft as the turret tracks a target or lose the turret should one be launched (if they could be made to launch the right way.
most of this is intendet this way. if i make the dock bigger so it fits any s ship the envy will grow too much to fit in an M dock or look out of proportion. so ive gone with what we have now ^^
the ship launching... i think it can be made so it does fit the envy but honestly, i didnt bother with that yet. maybe in the far future.
there is a transporter connection leading to nowhere. its a leftover from testing to add more rooms into a ship. never deleted it. will be gone in the next update i guess.
and the turret should not fire if it hits the ship. at least it stopped firing when i tested it :3
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 03:39

LucianDragos wrote:
Wed, 3. Jul 19, 18:07
I know you have a long list of your own so this isn't so much a request as more of a curiosity if a Star Wars Gozanti class would be in your interest to do?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gom83e3d6gv3 ... 1.jpg?dl=0
ill relay that to mik, im helping him with his mod and i really dont wanna do star wars ships if he already does them. creating a ship is so much work, doing the same thing twice would really upset me.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-mod-x4

mik said
Mik heute um 03:41 Uhr
Hey Brumm, ye I have two versions of it, they are prepped to go into the mod already
Just tell them to hang on a few weeks , it and the imperial version will be done
Last edited by BrummBear02 on Sun, 21. Jul 19, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 03:42

Sir_Wabbit wrote:
Fri, 19. Jul 19, 15:26
Love the work youve done so far, I hope you update/finish the tutorial you were writing too. Do you still take requests? Would The X3TC springblossom be possible (would it be an M ship?)?
ive never really taken requests ;) but i already had that ship on my list of "interesting" ships. so ill give u a maybe.

thank you all for your kind words!
also the X2 titan won the poll. i was actually suprised by that but guess thats the next ship ill finish.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 10:11

Yo @BrummBear02, I'm loving the Jealousy as an alternative to the ubiquitous Nemesis playership. :D

I found and removed the annoying transporter connection to nowhere, but there are a couple of minor problems remaining that I don't know how to fix:
The RCS flames in external view don't line up with anything and look very silly, far sillier than the missing rear gear.
There are holes in the collision mesh in both front corners of the cockpit, allowing you to fall into the ship geometry. I haven't actively looked for more, but these two are relatively easy to find by accident.

Any hints on how I would go about fixing these, or do you plan to do so yourself at some point?

Aside, the ship doesn't actually seem to fit on a standard M docking platform, as such the front clips into the dock when moving to/from internal storage - I expect this is just the ship being the size it is, but there looks to be some clearance to spare at the rear so maybe it's a docking position thing? No big deal anyway.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 14:12

steve_v wrote:
Sun, 21. Jul 19, 10:11
Yo @BrummBear02, I'm loving the Jealousy as an alternative to the ubiquitous Nemesis playership. :D

I found and removed the annoying transporter connection to nowhere, but there are a couple of minor problems remaining that I don't know how to fix:
The RCS flames in external view don't line up with anything and look very silly, far sillier than the missing rear gear.
There are holes in the collision mesh in both front corners of the cockpit, allowing you to fall into the ship geometry. I haven't actively looked for more, but these two are relatively easy to find by accident.

Any hints on how I would go about fixing these, or do you plan to do so yourself at some point?

Aside, the ship doesn't actually seem to fit on a standard M docking platform, as such the front clips into the dock when moving to/from internal storage - I expect this is just the ship being the size it is, but there looks to be some clearance to spare at the rear so maybe it's a docking position thing? No big deal anyway.
RCS flames are maveuvering thrusters? just delete them in the xml. i plan to add them later when every ship is finished. so maybe in about an year ^^
the holes in the collision are fixable but youd have to use blender and the converter. if u have no expirience with that i highly doubt you can. also this is on my list of bugs and will be fixed.

the size issue... i need to check that.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 14:39

BrummBear02 wrote:
Sun, 21. Jul 19, 14:12
RCS flames are maveuvering thrusters?
Reaction Control System == Manoeuvring thrusters. :)
BrummBear02 wrote:
just delete them in the xml.
Roger that.
BrummBear02 wrote:
the holes in the collision are fixable but youd have to use blender and the converter. if u have no expirience with that i highly doubt you can. also this is on my list of bugs and will be fixed.
Compiling Blender (Gentoo GNU/Linux) will take a while, but I should probably do that anyway. The converter is Windoze-only though, right?
There's no such thing as "can't", but my motivation is somewhat limited... It's probably not annoying enough to warrant the effort right now TBH.

Sir_Wabbit
x4

Post by Sir_Wabbit » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 11:50

BrummBear02 wrote:
Sun, 21. Jul 19, 03:42
Sir_Wabbit wrote:
Fri, 19. Jul 19, 15:26
Love the work youve done so far, I hope you update/finish the tutorial you were writing too. Do you still take requests? Would The X3TC springblossom be possible (would it be an M ship?)?
ive never really taken requests ;) but i already had that ship on my list of "interesting" ships. so ill give u a maybe.

thank you all for your kind words!
also the X2 titan won the poll. i was actually suprised by that but guess thats the next ship ill finish.
Awesome, the game needs some more good M playership choices in my opinion. Keep up the quality work!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 26. Jul 19, 00:02

BrummBear02 wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 01:19
but keep in mind i do this for a hobby and basically dont know shit about 3d modelling and programming. so everything takes longer for me.
Keep at it... and you'll get better quickly. I started the same 12 years ago :goner: . Small conversion jobs for X3 ships (kitbash only from original files). Then more (small custom parts on original ships) Then custom ships with mostly original details borrowed from original ships and gradually transitioned to custom ships from scratch. Don't shy away from challenges/ areas that are out of your comfort zone - it's how you learn new stuff :)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 04:02

While im still working on the X2 Titan i also finished the Wrath. Take a look and give feedback plx.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 11:02

Any WIP screenshots of Titan and maybe other ships? This topic was too quiet for too long :)

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 18:23

sure. here you go ^^ its not too much but i think it looks good so far.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 13:46

:o :o Very cool , cant wait.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 20:55

Looks pretty sweet!

I do, however, wish that one of the options in the poll was "Make working landing gear." Your stuff is excellent, but the semi/non-functioning gear draws my eye too much.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 22:06

captainradish wrote:
Wed, 25. Sep 19, 20:55
Looks pretty sweet!

I do, however, wish that one of the options in the poll was "Make working landing gear." Your stuff is excellent, but the semi/non-functioning gear draws my eye too much.
Landing gear is animated and thus cant be changed. i have to work with whatever animation there is. sure i can change the mesh but not the way it gets animated.
the only ship this really bothered me was the envy and the jealousy. the S ships are fine and the landing gear on the tension also works fine i think?

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 18:26

Hi,

Love the fact you are adding new ship designs!! But I am finding I do not use them much because they are a bit undergunned... For example the Envy and similar, lack not just front facing hard points, but turret hardpoints as well.

Would love to see some frigate, destroyer and cruiser designs as well as more fighters.. Also a few more trading vessels etc.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 20:28

To be honest the only 2 ships i like is the Crucible Corp Wrath M2 Destroyer atm it has a small bug you can't walk on it but for a AI to command it is a nice to have and the Crucible Corp Tension M6 Troop Transporter i don't see any bugs atm the scale size is perfect compare to the (Curcible Corp Jealousy M6 Corvette (Envy variant Curcible Corp Envy M6 Frigate X2 Argon Centaur remake) i hope in the future after 3.0 he will make a combat ship out off Crucible Corp Tension M6 Troop Transporter and adding more M ships maybe something like this https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/scifi-f ... 58abf988cc :)

Theodore Lionheart
x4

Post by Theodore Lionheart » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 05:15

Is that the UNSC Infinity i see in the collection of pictures?

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 12:12

Theodore Lionheart wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 05:15
Is that the UNSC Infinity i see in the collection of pictures?
Yes. I wanted to base a ship on it since I like the design. Sadly the way the model is made makes it super hard to steal parts of it or make changes to it so I scraped that project. But there is another ship from the halo universe I wanna do, the Spirit of Fire.

On the topic that my ships are undergunned... I balance them based on x4 vanilla. The envy balanced in comparison to the cerberus. It is more agile and faster than the carberus. It has 3 shields and thus is pretty well protected. On the downside it has less firepower than the cerberus. One turret less.The envy is intedet to be some sort of defensive sector patrol ship. I would not call that underpowered. If you want to chainsaw through enemys there is the jealousy. Which is basically a minimal better nemesis with only small differences to agility and speed but one more main gun. And ofc the tension isn't well armed but decently shielded. It's a troop transporter and not an attack ship.

Ofc I made no ship that can do everything, that would be op and basically game breaking. I don't want that for my ships. Also I wanted them to work with rebalance mods like vro. If i stick to vanilla balance there should be no issue here. If you want op player ships I recommend the blazing ship mod of iforgotmysocks. Two very neat ships. A cerberus and nemesis better in every aspect.

Shazbot01
x3tc

Post by Shazbot01 » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 17:10

Any chance you played a game made by Novalogic called Tachyon? Galspan made some very pretty fighters and capitals, it would be a treat to see any of them in X4!

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 22:08

negative on that one. sorry ^^

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”