[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UnXn0vvn
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.0

Post by UnXn0vvn » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 22:39

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 4. Mar 21, 19:45
It will be easier if you can post your save somewhere.
Sure - here you go. :)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I use no other mods, which change game behavior, just yours. The only others mods I have are QOL ones, like e.g. "Fire and Smoke" and "Extended Scanner Range".

Thank you very much, for looking into it. :)

EDIT: Oh! The sectors where Xenon stations are still being spawned, but not built, are Turquoise Sea IX (Map: bottom right) and Tharka's Ravine IV (Top right).
EDIT 2: Added an uncompressed save, in case you need that too... pretty big after 400+ hours :o

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 17:38

I found the issue. When the mod first runs it detects factions that are respawn-eligible by checking if they have any shipyards. At game start, this works, but not when adding it in after they've already been wiped out. The game has better ways to check for this sort of thing now, so I can fix it. Next version will have the fix, probably a few days from now. You'll still have to wait a few more game hours for them to respawn.

UnXn0vvn
x4

Post by UnXn0vvn » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 18:21

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 6. Mar 21, 17:38
I found the issue. When the mod first runs it detects factions that are respawn-eligible by checking if they have any shipyards. At game start, this works, but not when adding it in after they've already been wiped out. The game has better ways to check for this sort of thing now, so I can fix it. Next version will have the fix, probably a few days from now. You'll still have to wait a few more game hours for them to respawn.
Okay - cool. I did a bit of testing myself meanwhile as well. Which basically confirms what you wrote.

I just had to kick start the econamy manually. I used "cheat menu", which I edited myself, so it would fill up all Xenon build storages it can find in the galaxy.
That let them start building their stations. Had to do this a few times, for them to build them up completely, due to their lack of miners, as well as their initial build plan not being the final one.

After a while, once they were finished building up those completely, I then filled up the resources of their wharfs only. So they could start producing miners and small ships.

Your mod then helped them... quite well actually. If the 40% boost to trashed factions applied... if not, I'm f**ked after your update. :lol:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a-eDDc ... sp=sharing

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 22:50

New version uploaded. Aside from the above mentioned fix, there are some adjustments to improve certain economic situations as well as some changes targeted at stabilizing ZYA a bit when the player ignores them.

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 12:01

Has vanilla 4.0 changed something on eco balance? For example npc faction buy price at my shipyards.

Try to figure out if the module is still needed because vanilla is still bad.

ObsidianOne

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.1

Post by ObsidianOne » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 19:26

This needs patch for last version , right ?

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 22:24

ObsidianOne wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 19:26
Mod has been updated and working fine for the 4.x betas for a while now. Current version should be working fine on the 4.0 release version of the game.

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 22:45

AkiraR wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 22:24
ObsidianOne wrote:
Mod has been updated and working fine for the 4.x betas for a while now. Current version should be working fine on the 4.0 release version of the game.
Oh! That is good news , i was waiting for it to be updated for last version without knowing.Thanks for info.

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 01:25

ObsidianOne wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 22:45
AkiraR wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 22:24
ObsidianOne wrote:
Oh! That is good news , i was waiting for it to be updated for last version without knowing.Thanks for info.
No prob :)

Question for Mysterial and the rest of the thread. I started a new playthrough with the Terran Cadet start because I am a sucker for Terran design, my main mods currently include all FE except war module, VRO and XRshippack, the rest are small things, like civ-fleets, faster crew leveling, mules etc. nothing that should be touching economy balance or faction behaviors.

I am about 8 hours in and the Terran economy seems fairly stagnant at the moment... all 1st and 2nd tier ware production station storage is basically full, the are still buying raw mats but for everything else the sell price is the same or in some cases one or two credits higher than the buy prices... Is anyone else seeing this? I took a jaunt outside the Sol sector and found PIO pretty quick, the situation seems to be largely the same there as well, I only have a couple sectors of none terran factions revealed but can't see their buy/sell prices at the moment (ANT don't like me much) so I don't know what the state of the rest of the galaxy is.

Could part of the problem be not having the war module installed so there just isn't a lot of fighting using up the resources? The main reason I didn't install it is because I had read a number of reports of the terran Solborn station, which is central to the early plot, getting taken out early on with the war module installed, I wasn't planning on installing it until after I had finished up the main terran cadet plot line and was focusing more on building my empire. I also haven't started a vanilla save to see if this is a problem in the base game as well.

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 15:33

I saw that as well. No any of Faction War/Economy Enhancer modules installed. VRO and bunch of other small mods. Fresh second Terran start.

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 00:03

karabAs wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 15:33
I saw that as well. No any of Faction War/Economy Enhancer modules installed. VRO and bunch of other small mods. Fresh second Terran start.
So it happens in a vanilla game as well? Have you played to a point where things start picking up? I went ahead and installed the War module since I am passed the first couple of missions in the Terran start and played for about 4.5 hours spreading satellites around and looking for the entrance to Savage Spur I, save game is at 12.5 hours now and prices are still flat, no profitssss to be made trading anything except protein paste.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 01:19

AkiraR wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 00:03
karabAs wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 15:33
So it happens in a vanilla game as well? Have you played to a point where things start picking up? I went ahead and installed the War module since I am passed the first couple of missions in the Terran start and played for about 4.5 hours spreading satellites around and looking for the entrance to Savage Spur I, save game is at 12.5 hours now and prices are still flat, no profitssss to be made trading anything except protein paste.
The Terran economy is very strong so it is a little slow at first, but there is profit to be made. Protein paste, energy cells and mining (especially mining) is the key at first. Later, once you get a station producing silicon carbide or Computronic substrate, you are set. There will always be a market for these and once it is set up it won't cost anything anymore to produce (you will need to set it up right though)

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 02:40

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 01:19
AkiraR wrote:

The Terran economy is very strong so it is a little slow at first, but there is profit to be made. Protein paste, energy cells and mining (especially mining) is the key at first. Later, once you get a station producing silicon carbide or Computronic substrate, you are set. There will always be a market for these and once it is set up it won't cost anything anymore to produce (you will need to set it up right though)
So basically don't count on traders to help make money to get to the point you can afford a station? Simply rely on mining? That's a bit disappointing, although I am noticing that gas mining is far more profitable with the Terran considering it's use in base resource refinement so that is an additional source of revenue.

Any tips on how to "set it up right"? My longest running game is only around 40ish hours, and I was just starting to get into building stations after having established what for me was a fairly profitable trade and mining fleet (roughly 20 mil CR every 30-45 minutes). I basically chose to start at the very bottom with refined metals, added enough solar gen to cover what was needed by the processing modules and a large enough fleet of miners to keep form needing to buy ore, and then set the sell price for both energy cells and refined metals fairly high and assigned a few traders to help distribute. Is that basically what would be needed in this case?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 03:38

AkiraR wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 02:40
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 01:19
AkiraR wrote:

So basically don't count on traders to help make money to get to the point you can afford a station? Simply rely on mining? That's a bit disappointing, although I am noticing that gas mining is far more profitable with the Terran considering it's use in base resource refinement so that is an additional source of revenue.

Any tips on how to "set it up right"? My longest running game is only around 40ish hours, and I was just starting to get into building stations after having established what for me was a fairly profitable trade and mining fleet (roughly 20 mil CR every 30-45 minutes). I basically chose to start at the very bottom with refined metals, added enough solar gen to cover what was needed by the processing modules and a large enough fleet of miners to keep form needing to buy ore, and then set the sell price for both energy cells and refined metals fairly high and assigned a few traders to help distribute. Is that basically what would be needed in this case?
The Terran economy is very different. I started by going for the Computronic substrate production. You need about 8 and a half (9) energy cell production (Terran ones that is) for each Computronic Substrate production building you have. This is in a 100% sunlight sector, if you build in mercury you will need half the amount of energy cell production buildings. You will need some solid and container storage. The Computronic Substrate production building will get you a little over 500 of them per hour. This is about 4 million give or take in credits profit per hour with just one of these. You need a number of miners for this too. You can also sell the energy cells. If you build more of these then you can make a lot of money eventually. Takes a bit of investment and time to get it going though.

Protein paste could be good too. Silicon Carbide can be good too. Requires less resources to manufacture and you can get a good price for them. Production is low though too.

nighelt
x3tc

Post by nighelt » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 15:44

Hey Mysterial,

You really made an awesome mod!
I have a couple of question:
-Because i have an ongoing save (3 hrs ), are your mods save game compatible , or i need to start a new one ?
-With the new 4.0 and new buff for the economy , all the modules are still needed for an engaging game , or some are less needed then other ?

Anthoam
x4

Post by Anthoam » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 00:08

Hello ! I come from the Steam page of the War Module (I also posted a comment because of a problem I have with the mod enabled).
I don't know why, but I have a freeze just after a
Spoiler
Show
Secret Service mission
Dal just calls and explain what's happening after the mission, then the freeze occurs. So I tried to disable any mod that might be related, and by disabling the War module the freeze didn't occur anymore. So I played a bit without it then I reactivated it. After some times (30 minutes I think, maybe less) the game freeze again.

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 02:17

nighelt wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 15:44
Hey Mysterial,

You really made an awesome mod!
I have a couple of question:
-Because i have an ongoing save (3 hrs ), are your mods save game compatible , or i need to start a new one ?
-With the new 4.0 and new buff for the economy , all the modules are still needed for an engaging game , or some are less needed then other ?

The modules are save compatible and can be enabled at any time, from Mysterials comments they can also be disabled at any time although some defense stations that the war module has the AI build may disappear. You will need to give like 4-5 hours after enabling/disabling the mods before you really start to notice a difference. As for what is and isn't needed, the war module WILL make things a lot more dangerous, all factions will be much more aggressive, people have reported Xenon steam rolling around the 40-60 hour mark in their games both with just FE and especially with FE + VRO + XRshippack. Although if you are really proactive with getting the NPC faction economies going you may be able to hold out, I have a 50ish hour save that was started in 3.3 with the all of those mods and I have boosted the ARG/ANT to the point they are doing fine against the Xenon, TEL and PAR are suffering a bit though. Additionally people have reported that enabling the war module early in the Terran Cadet start can lead to the Solborn (a defense station that is part of the early plot missions) getting destroyed before the missions can be finished, I enables the war module around the 12hr mark in my game.

People elsewhere have said that vanilla is much better in 4.0 than in previous patches and that FE is less needed, but I personally really enjoy the more dynamic universe you get with FE so I haven't tried vanilla yet, if your computer can handle the added load then I personally would just throw it in, if you are really on the fence then just hold off for another 10-15 hours, if the universe isn't busy and engaging enough for you then throw these in.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 21:54

Is there anything in these scripts that could be causing the Terran Wharf to have its energy cell buy price stuck at 10cr? This and Better Kill Credit are the only ones I use. My universe's wharf in Mars refuses to alter its buy order for energy cells over 10cr even though the order wants over 800,000 units and is always short on them when I try to buy ships.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 05:16

I have no idea why that would happen, although I've verified that it's a thing. I don't know if it's a vanilla problem or not. I'm putting in a workaround in any case.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:34

Wow, I was just hoping for a confirmation before beginning to wage battle in the tech support forum, but if you're willing to fix it that's even better. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”