[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

user1679

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

Post by user1679 » Mon, 26. Feb 24, 04:33

Couple issues:

1. ext_v510.cat / dat in faction_fix_pack_catchup are 0 bytes in both download links

2. ext_v510.cat / dat in faction_fix_pack_econ_bal are 0 bytes in both download links

3. Adding faction_fix_pack_econ_ai breaks the "Extension Options" (sn_extra_game_options) menu, causes it to not save changes.

I noticed that changing options in the Extension Options menu (specifically disabling help popups) stopped working so I removed all my mods and began restoring them 1 by 1. When I install this mod (all modules), that is when the Extension Options breaks. NOTE: This is the options in the root Extension Options menu which are saved in uidata.xml, not the individual mods which are saved in the actual save file.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Remove all mods
2. Remove ego_dlc_boron (I'm trying to get the original PHQ mission)
3. Open uidata.xml in Notepad++
4. Begin adding mods back 1 at a time
5. Start a new game
6. Change something in Extension Options and exit
7. Click the open Notepad++ to see if it alerts me to reload due to changes

Once I add faction_fix_pack_econ_ai or faction_fix_pack_catchup, the changes made to "Extension Options" menu stop saving (for example, I have the option to disable help popups set to "on" but switching it to "off" doesn't save):

Update 1:

Messages in DebugLog.txt
[=ERROR=] 7.10 AnarkFileIO::FileOpenCallback(): Failed to open the file: 'ui/addons/ego_targetmonitor/../../../extensions/faction_fix_pack_catchup/ui/catchup.lua??0?0?0?0' - error: 4
[=ERROR=] 7.10 Addon::LoadLuaFile() - Failed to open specified filename: 'ui/addons/ego_targetmonitor/../../../extensions/faction_fix_pack_catchup/ui/catchup.lua??0?0?0?0' referenced in addon: 'ego_targetmonitor'

[=ERROR=] 0.00 extensions\faction_fix_pack_econ_ai\md\factionlogic_economy_analysis.xml(326): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
* Input: if ($Ware == ware.fusioncores) then 100 else $DebugChance
* Pos:

[=ERROR=] 0.00 No matching node for path '//do_all/do_elseif/do_else/do_if[@value='not $blockindex']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack_econ_ai\aiscripts\build.shiptrader.xml'. Skipping node.

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Multiple matching nodes for path '//attention/actions//run_script/param[@name='activepatrol']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\aiscripts\order.fight.attack.object.xml'. Skipping node.

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Multiple matching nodes for path '//do_if[@value='$blindtourist']/find_closest_undiscovered_position' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\aiscripts\order.move.recon.xml'. Skipping node.

UPDATE 2:

Solution for issue #3:

NOTE: The following steps will also fix the errors listed above regarding LoadLuaFile() and FileOpenCallback()

1. Unpack the UI folder from ext_01.cat to the mod's root folder
2. Delete the UI folder from ext_01.cat and save the new CAT file, overwriting the existing
3. Delete the subst_01.cat / dat file from the mod's root folder because the contents are identical to the UI folder extracted in #1

Long ago when I used to play on Windows 7, I found that packing LUA files into CAT / DAT files often caused them to fail to load. It seems that this has carried over to Windows 10. Once I did the above steps, the Extension Options began to save properly in the uidata.xml file.

UPDATE 3:

I just noticed that faction_fix_pack_econ_ai\ext_01.cat contains subst_01.cat / dat, is this intended? I wasn't aware you could load a CAT from within a CAT.
Last edited by user1679 on Sat, 2. Mar 24, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

Fatsack
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

Post by Fatsack » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 19:14

This mod goes too far and tanks performance on even new top of the line hardware.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”