[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.0

Post by Scoob » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 01:50

Ok, thanks for the reply. Is that what happens to these ships after they deliver their wares then, they try to recycle at the Shipyard?

Regarding killing them, is there a script way to do this? Obviously I don't want to lose my standing with ARG at this time...though I could just save-edit it back potentially. I don't really do much tinkering myself.

Scoob.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 02:04

Script can destroy pretty much anything it wants.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 02:08

Mysterial wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 02:04
Script can destroy pretty much anything it wants.
Sorry, I meant to say "I'm dumb and I don't know what I'm doing" lol. There is some sort of "Cheat Script" someone created isn't there? Perhaps I can install that, use it, then remove it - just to avoid future temptation you understand :)

Edit: I found a Cheat script and deleted those stuck ships. My stuff hasn't started building yet though as there's a huge backlog of ships coming in to dock for refitting.

Scoob.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 15:12

Regarding the shipyard getting stuck, it appears there was another beta bug that needed to be fixed.

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=434133

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 18:47

Yes, I saw that. It does indeed look like a vanilla issue. I'd not personally sold any ships - I'm a hoarder - so I'd not managed to trigger it myself.

Scoob.

UnXn0vvn
x4

Post by UnXn0vvn » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 12:32

Will the "rubber banding" part of this mod help me revive the Xenon, if they have nearly nothing left? Apart from maybe some stray ships somewhere.... I see some shipyards occasionally spawning, but they don't get built and usually get destroyed by the other factions.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. :)

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 17:27

If they own zero sectors and zero operational shipyards across the universe, they should eventually respawn in an empty sector. Admittedly, it's been a long time since I tested that, so if it doesn't seem to be happening I can investigate.

If it's just a particular sector group, no, they're done in that area.

UnXn0vvn
x4

Post by UnXn0vvn » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 20:45

Right, okay - might es well give it a go. Made a backup, so nothing to lose, actually installed the entire mod, since it looked like a lot of effort went into it and it sounds pretty interesting. I'll report back, after a few in-game hours/days. :)

Cheers.
Last edited by UnXn0vvn on Wed, 3. Mar 21, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 21:22

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 17:27
Quick question, how often does a faction go back and perform library EvaluateSector (from invade_space)? Does anything in particular have to occur to cause it or will they eventually go back through their goals to check?

UnXn0vvn
x4

Post by UnXn0vvn » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 23:30

UnXn0vvn wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 20:45
Right, okay - might es well give it a go. Made a backup, so nothing to lose, actually installed the entire mod, since it looked like a lot of effort went into it and it sounds pretty interesting. I'll report back, after a few in-game hours/days. :)

Cheers.
So after installing the entire mod, I noticed that the "individual instructions" page of ships freezes up the entire map once click. I narrowed it down to the ECON AI module. If I deactivate that, everything works fine.
I'm thinking, it might be the new behavior Egosoft added in beta 10, which lets you set the reaction to being attacked - or maybe not, just guessing ^^;;

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 01:40

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 21:22
Quick question, how often does a faction go back and perform library EvaluateSector (from invade_space)? Does anything in particular have to occur to cause it or will they eventually go back through their goals to check?
Goals are re-evaluated every 30 seconds.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 01:42

UnXn0vvn wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 23:30
So after installing the entire mod, I noticed that the "individual instructions" page of ships freezes up the entire map once click. I narrowed it down to the ECON AI module. If I deactivate that, everything works fine.
I'm thinking, it might be the new behavior Egosoft added in beta 10, which lets you set the reaction to being attacked - or maybe not, just guessing ^^;;
Thanks, I'll investigate. They probably messed with the blacklist handling.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 16:01

Should be fixed now.

UnXn0vvn
x4

Post by UnXn0vvn » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 16:51

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 4. Mar 21, 16:01
Should be fixed now.
Yes - I can confirm, it works again now. :)

Could you maybe also check on the Xenon revive mechanic? I left the game running for a good few hours now, though I haven't found any change. There are still just a few dormant Xenon shipyards and defense stations "being built", stuck at 20%, doing nothing. No new miners, or any other noticeable activity :(

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 19:45

It will be easier if you can post your save somewhere.

UnXn0vvn
x4

Post by UnXn0vvn » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 22:39

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 4. Mar 21, 19:45
It will be easier if you can post your save somewhere.
Sure - here you go. :)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I use no other mods, which change game behavior, just yours. The only others mods I have are QOL ones, like e.g. "Fire and Smoke" and "Extended Scanner Range".

Thank you very much, for looking into it. :)

EDIT: Oh! The sectors where Xenon stations are still being spawned, but not built, are Turquoise Sea IX (Map: bottom right) and Tharka's Ravine IV (Top right).
EDIT 2: Added an uncompressed save, in case you need that too... pretty big after 400+ hours :o

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 17:38

I found the issue. When the mod first runs it detects factions that are respawn-eligible by checking if they have any shipyards. At game start, this works, but not when adding it in after they've already been wiped out. The game has better ways to check for this sort of thing now, so I can fix it. Next version will have the fix, probably a few days from now. You'll still have to wait a few more game hours for them to respawn.

UnXn0vvn
x4

Post by UnXn0vvn » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 18:21

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 6. Mar 21, 17:38
I found the issue. When the mod first runs it detects factions that are respawn-eligible by checking if they have any shipyards. At game start, this works, but not when adding it in after they've already been wiped out. The game has better ways to check for this sort of thing now, so I can fix it. Next version will have the fix, probably a few days from now. You'll still have to wait a few more game hours for them to respawn.
Okay - cool. I did a bit of testing myself meanwhile as well. Which basically confirms what you wrote.

I just had to kick start the econamy manually. I used "cheat menu", which I edited myself, so it would fill up all Xenon build storages it can find in the galaxy.
That let them start building their stations. Had to do this a few times, for them to build them up completely, due to their lack of miners, as well as their initial build plan not being the final one.

After a while, once they were finished building up those completely, I then filled up the resources of their wharfs only. So they could start producing miners and small ships.

Your mod then helped them... quite well actually. If the 40% boost to trashed factions applied... if not, I'm f**ked after your update. :lol:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a-eDDc ... sp=sharing

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 22:50

New version uploaded. Aside from the above mentioned fix, there are some adjustments to improve certain economic situations as well as some changes targeted at stabilizing ZYA a bit when the player ignores them.

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 12:01

Has vanilla 4.0 changed something on eco balance? For example npc faction buy price at my shipyards.

Try to figure out if the module is still needed because vanilla is still bad.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”