[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Eeroth
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v2.3

Post by Eeroth » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 19:18

One thing that I really wanted and got was that thanks to this mod was that you will be paid if you support invasion. Could you also add that this would benefit you if your ships that you don't control destroy enemies in invasions and in sector defence.
That would make game even more better. As I can't see point to send fleet to die somewhere to defend anything as you don't get anything from it except lose of profitsss.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:53

Mr.Freud wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 18:48
why factions can't take over enemy sectors? for example: ANT invaded HOP (border sector) destroyied all HOP fleets there, build it's own defence platforms (2 of them) and basicly oonly hunt for HOP ships. They don't even try to destroy HOP defence platforms or stations

Also, could you please make another sub-mod that would increase rate at which workforce is gained?
This is not true, although it took a very long time and I am not sure how long but in my game the paranid cleared out an entire sector of HOP and are building their own stations there.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 21:43

Currently, when the AI adds goals to kill the rest of the enemy stations after establishing a foothold, it does so one at a time and generally requests new ships from the shipyard to do it while the existing ships camp the gate. For Antigone their economy is a train wreck (makes the other factions look good in comparison) so the ships probably aren't getting built.

I've tweaked it a little for the latest version, but I need to revisit it, since with how compressed the galaxy map is my preference is for the AI to kill a station or two and lose rather than blockade sectors too often, even if that means making the AI intentionally dumber in its invasion tactics.
Eeroth wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 19:18
One thing that I really wanted and got was that thanks to this mod was that you will be paid if you support invasion. Could you also add that this would benefit you if your ships that you don't control destroy enemies in invasions and in sector defence.
That would make game even more better. As I can't see point to send fleet to die somewhere to defend anything as you don't get anything from it except lose of profitsss.
This is on my list although I'm not sure it will be part of this mod. I might make a separate mod for that. I don't want this to get too monolithic - as a player I usually dislike big mods because they always end up having some things I don't think fit the vision of the game.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 21:46

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:53
Mr.Freud wrote:
why factions can't take over enemy sectors? for example: ANT invaded HOP (border sector) destroyied all HOP fleets there, build it's own defence platforms (2 of them) and basicly oonly hunt for HOP ships. They don't even try to destroy HOP defence platforms or stations

Also, could you please make another sub-mod that would increase rate at which workforce is gained?
This is not true, although it took a very long time and I am not sure how long but in my game the paranid cleared out an entire sector of HOP and are building their own stations there.
Are you using SETA? I wonder if abusing SETA messes up my game. HOP became so weak - both ANT and Paranid invaded destroyied HOP fleets and just patrol the sectors not trying to destroy HOP Def Platforms and stations.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 01:07

Mr.Freud wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 21:46
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:53
Mr.Freud wrote:

Are you using SETA? I wonder if abusing SETA messes up my game. HOP became so weak - both ANT and Paranid invaded destroyied HOP fleets and just patrol the sectors not trying to destroy HOP Def Platforms and stations.
Well, I do use Seta, but I also often leave the game running over night and all day for who knows how many hours in real time.

Newinger
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v3.0

Post by Newinger » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 02:20

Since the last update, a lot of satellites are placed automatically with each game start.

This does not happen if this mod is not installed.

Is that intended?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 02:59

Oh damn it I left the debug code in. I'm sorry, I'll fix it right away.

EDIT: Fixed now.

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 09:41

thanks for this mod

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 10:49

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 13. Mar 19, 02:59
Oh damn it I left the debug code in. I'm sorry, I'll fix it right away.

EDIT: Fixed now.
Thank you :)

duders
x4

Post by duders » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 14:57

An incredible job you're doing with this mod, almost single handly fixing the game and giving the consumers the game they were promised.
Thank You :thumb_up:

Carath
x4

Post by Carath » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 15:39

Hi, I have a quick question. Which version of X4 is currently supported by 3.0 build? I've tried both, the official 2.0 and latest beta (2.20 b4) but I can't start the game with the mod installed. It's stuck at the mod installation window that is showed when the game starts. I've tried both direct download and workshop version.

Thanks!

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 16:07

It should work with either. Are you running Windows 7?

Carath
x4

Post by Carath » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 16:23

Windows 10 x64, updated.

Edit----
No other mods installed. This is the first I'm trying to run. I've also tried War only, War + AI, and War + AI + Balance.

Thanks!

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 16:56

Can you pick some other random mod on the workshop and try it? I'm not aware of any Win10 issues with the game (only Win7) but it should also be impossible for mods to crash/hang the game at startup under normal circumstances because they're generally not even loaded yet.

You could also try changing the game settings to disable workshop sync (Extensions -> Steam Workshop Downloads) and then use the download version. It's possible the game's issue is with trying to resolve the mod with Steam.

Carath
x4

Post by Carath » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 17:52

Thanks for your help Mysterial!

Turned out that I, could not run other mods as well. The thing is that it started working when I had switched to extensions folder located under /User/Documents/.../ from the one in steam apps folder. Do you experience the same behavior? Is steam downloading mods into steam apps folder for you as well?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 18:33

AFAIK Steam always downloads extensions to the app folder. Not sure if it's intended to stay that way, but you're not the first person to report extensions in there not working, although usually it's people with Windows 7 having those problems.

Carath
x4

Post by Carath » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 18:36

Thanks!
No more off-topic from me ;)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 22:13

Found out you had a xenon balance change in the core module, was wondering why the performance of the turrets seemed to differ from game to game for me lol. Other than that surprise, awesome job as usual!

Thecrippler

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v3.1

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 30. Mar 19, 06:57

i download a new version 3.1 and there is still planet of satellites all over the sectors

rosssack
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v3.1

Post by rosssack » Sat, 30. Mar 19, 11:44

Thecrippler wrote:
Sat, 30. Mar 19, 06:57
i download a new version 3.1 and there is still planet of satellites all over the sectors
I don't get this bug

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”