[MOD] Player Owned Warehouses

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TheDeliveryMan
x4

[MOD] Player Owned Warehouses

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 23:34

POW - Player Owned Warehouses

Workaround to get Trade Station functionality for player stations.

Download from: https://github.com/TheDeliveryMan/TDM_P ... Warehouses

Features:
  • Add tradewares to storage only player stations.
  • The manager will then automatically create and update buy and sell offers based on available funds, storage capacity and stock levels.
  • You can choose per ware if you want buy only, sell only or buy and sell.
  • Pricing can be set to either automatic or locked at average.
  • Sell offers can be further fine tuned in the vanilla station overview. Unfortunately, this is currently not possible for buy offers.
Usage:
  • Build a dedicated warehouse, that's station with a dock/pier and storage modules.
  • Do not add any production modules to the warehouse! This would most likely mess up buy/sell offers calculations and storage allocation for resources/products.
  • Assign a manager and transfer funds to the warehouse.
  • Get a ship you currently don't need for any other task. A scout will do just fine.
  • Set of the ship default behaviour to "POW Tradeware Config".
  • In the dialog select your warehouse and the tradeware.
  • Select if you want to have sell and/or buy offers. If neither buy nor sell is selected, then the tradeware will be removed from the warehouse.
  • Select if you want the prices to be locked at average or if you want dynamic pricing.
  • Click confirm.
  • It takes a couple of minutes before trade offers show up.
  • Sell offers will show up only if the warehouse has something in stock. Buy offers require funds and free storage space.
  • The ship will set its default behaviour to dock at the warehouse and is free for other tasks.

leecarter
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Player Owned Warehouses

Post by leecarter » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 04:31

Been using this for a while in my current save. Basically it functions exactly as a trade station and adds a lot of flexibility to the game. For example I've been selling illegal goods using this to create a trade station and just a single ship transporting back and forth between my "drug lag" station and it makes more money faster than having 5 trader ships hauling the products around the galaxy ever did.

Great mod, thanks!

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 18:46

I've been using an early version for a good while too, I can confirm it works just as advertised, and adds something really crucial that was missing from the base game.

The ability to create pure trade stations and internal distribution centers, can't have a proper commercial empire without it !

Now all you need is this and this to manage all transport between your stations, and that to trade with the rest of the galaxy. They work absolutely great together to fill every need, I can finally be the space-dictator I always wanted to be !

Speaking of, my loyal minions await, I should get back to it :)

Thanks !

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 21:46

Definitely grabbing this when I get home. Question though, why use Github instead of Nexus Mods?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 22:00

Some people don't like Nexus for some strange reason.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 22:58

Maybe it's just the workflow that feels more natural to software developers.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:54

Maybe. One of the reasons I personally like Nexus is that Nexus Mod Manager / Vortex let you know when a new version is posted. But that is me as a user :P
MOD XR Show Skills

jmattspartacus2

Post by jmattspartacus2 » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 04:24

I like nexus as a mod maker because it lets me communicate with people using my mods and such, git is nice though too, in the case that I make a mistake I can roll back,etc

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 04:32

Nexus is alright, probably better as a creator. As a user I really prefer the Steam workshop though. I don't need to keep track of and visit multiple form posts or run a separate application for updates. I just wish the steam app would catch up to 2005 and use tabs for browsing.

filorux
x4

Post by filorux » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 05:04

Is it possible that the warehouse consumes energy cells despite having no production facilities? I have an e-cell producer with an SnTR Trader bringing them to the warehouse. I can see them in the info screen of the ship's storage as it approaches, and a trade with the warehouse in it's order queue. Switching to the station's info screen I see the sntr ship dock, and shortly thereafter the energy cells show up in the station's storage. A split second later they disappear from storage. They couldn't have been sold, as the only docked ships are the sntr trader and the pow tradeware config ship - and neither contain energy cells. I also reconfigure the pow tradeware ship to only buy e-ecells, but the same thing happened. Each time this happened, the warehouse's buy offer amount went down by the amount I had just traded.

I've seen it do this and only this a number of times. Once I paused the game while they were in storage, checked the warehouse's logical overview and was able to manipulate the e-cell sell order. They disappeared again after I unpaused. My first thought was I misconfigured something, but I have since successfully stored silicon wafers in the warehouse using the exact same setup, albeit with a different vendor station and sntr ship. If I look in the logical overview of the warehouse and check the storage level graph for energy cells, it looks like a saw-tooth wave - confirming that they are in storage briefly, and then gone.

It's not a big deal, as I can just not centralize my e-cell stores and sntr straight out of production to the stations the warehouse would have been supplying. The purpose of this warehouse was to eliminate the need for complexes that require two-solid or two-liquid storage by centralizing water, graphene, s-coolant, s-wafers, and metals. But then I figured why not toss e-cells in there, too.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 12:01

leecarter wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 04:32
Nexus is alright, probably better as a creator. As a user I really prefer the Steam workshop though. I don't need to keep track of and visit multiple form posts or run a separate application for updates. I just wish the steam app would catch up to 2005 and use tabs for browsing.
Workshop is nice and all but the platform itself is archaic. I've moved away from Steam over the years towards more open platforms such a GoG and others that don't punish me as the consumer. I still play games that have long been forgotten. My XR copy is unfortunately with Steam.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 16:35

Other benefit of Nexus over Steam Workshop is Workshop has a file size limit, Nexus doesn't. In most cases though, especially after the initial few releases of a mod, things are generally pretty stable and you don't need to fire up NMM/Vortex regularly (or visit the site). Overall, I think Nexus is a far better platform for mods and modding. Yeah there are ads and you can you an adblocker, or you could toss the site 2$ or so in support and remove ads permanently. The other benefit of Nexus over Steam is, if I recall correctly, Steam doesn't let you download older copies of the mod and, at the same time, forces you to update to the latest version of the mod you have.
MOD XR Show Skills

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 00:29

Baconnaise wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 12:01
I've moved away from Steam over the years towards more open platforms such a GoG and others that don't punish me as the consumer.
Been on Steam since 2005 and have yet to feel punished as a consumer, or maybe I secretly enjoy it or something. No physical copies to deal with, everything is in one place and automatically updated, and the sales are quite good. I'm not seeing a downside here. This is a game library, not my retirement fund, so yeah Steam is fine.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 00:45

leecarter wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 00:29
Baconnaise wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 12:01
I've moved away from Steam over the years towards more open platforms such a GoG and others that don't punish me as the consumer.
Been on Steam since 2005 and have yet to feel punished as a consumer, or maybe I secretly enjoy it or something. No physical copies to deal with, everything is in one place and automatically updated, and the sales are quite good. I'm not seeing a downside here. This is a game library, not my retirement fund, so yeah Steam is fine.
Problem I see with steam is that, if they ever go under or disappear from the face of the planet, you lose all those games you bought on their platform, all that money you used to buy those games will basically have vanished into thin air.

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 03:07

Requiemfang wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 00:45
Problem I see with steam is that, if they ever go under or disappear from the face of the planet, you lose all those games you bought on their platform, all that money you used to buy those games will basically have vanished into thin air.
True, but you can say that about any service that forgoes physical copies. As much money and market penetration as the platform has, someone would buy them out. Probably someone crappy like Microsoft, but that scenario happening anytime soon is highly unlikely. And even if it did, they're just games not some life shattering disaster - I can always pick up another copy of X4. So I'm perfectly happy to take that (very remote) risk over juggling a bunch of game dvds like in the old days (please insert disk number 5...). I've pissed more in beer foam over the years than I've spent on Steam.

amox
x4

Post by amox » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 11:25

I have a small request. Can you look at TaterTrader and the behavior around subordinates ? It would be amazing if the small "trade order" ship could be handled as subordinate for the trade station. I don't like them in my list :)

Viper61
x4

Post by Viper61 » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 09:33

I think this is a great idea but I am struggling to get it to work.

I tested it with a few items (microchips, smart chips and one other), one with average price and one dynamic. I could see it would buy a ware for say 1600 and then set the sell for 1601.

In about 5 hours of SETA is has only managed 1 sell trade with a profit of around 46k.

It is now out of funds and I have given it another bunch of funds to see what it does.

Wondering if it's my location, choice of wares or config options.

amox
x4

Post by amox » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 11:46

If you can find a way to allow us setup the buy orders, that would be most helpful.

I really want to setup my buy and sell orders, so that my trader can fill up my station with ship building wares cheap and if other races want to buy, they have to pay huge.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 18:10

Requiemfang wrote:
...and you should be aware of internet connection failures... What's then to make/play/do ? - a welll, reading a good book.
Also, I want to play my game in 10 -15years from now on as well (...that's called retro :D ). Thanks to Ego, THEY DO IT RIGHT (NoSteam Exe eg X3, X3TC).

...and only on advice further (in perspective from the industrial sector where the same as with steam is going on): See for example Autodesk, MS, (upcoming, maybe) Oracle Java (the SDK), Adobe, etc... We have to pay a hell of money for YEARLY licences, so that our employes can do their work. And - IF you are clever AND ask the software endor or even the company who are developing it, they will mostly NOT SAY THAT YOUR PEOPLE HAVE SPARE TIME WHEN THE LICENCE SERVER IS NOT REACHABLE! It has taken quite some phone calls to these companies, also regarding internet connection breaks or problems. In the end, we pay our yearly full subscriptions for 'old-styled-installed-with-serial' software - as long as they are available!

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 05:28

wanderer wrote:
Thu, 17. Jan 19, 18:10
Requiemfang wrote:
...and you should be aware of internet connection failures... What's then to make/play/do ? - a welll, reading a good book.
Also, I want to play my game in 10 -15years from now on as well (...that's called retro :D ). Thanks to Ego, THEY DO IT RIGHT (NoSteam Exe eg X3, X3TC).

...and only on advice further (in perspective from the industrial sector where the same as with steam is going on): See for example Autodesk, MS, (upcoming, maybe) Oracle Java (the SDK), Adobe, etc... We have to pay a hell of money for YEARLY licences, so that our employes can do their work. And - IF you are clever AND ask the software endor or even the company who are developing it, they will mostly NOT SAY THAT YOUR PEOPLE HAVE SPARE TIME WHEN THE LICENCE SERVER IS NOT REACHABLE! It has taken quite some phone calls to these companies, also regarding internet connection breaks or problems. In the end, we pay our yearly full subscriptions for 'old-styled-installed-with-serial' software - as long as they are available!

Can we stop shitting up this thread with steam love/hate
-----
My Mods
Go Home Drone, Reaction Force, Disable Story, Pay The Builder, Landlord, Training Exercise
Github with the latest (Unstable) Versions
Nexus Page
Steam Workshop Page

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”