[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TSchmidtC
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by TSchmidtC » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 09:49

With version 1.3 things seem to be improving, as I have discovered in the HOP main sector 2 complete defense stations of the Xenon, the HOP became active and attacked one, and the destroyer fleets of the HOP are now attacking. The ORA have attacked Bright Promise, which defend MIN, but they must also defend Ianamus Zura IV against the Xenon. As the TEL are not actively fighting, they have quickly lost the corporate sector. The faction relationship of the HOP to the ORA has not changed. The ORA have so far set up 6 storage sites in the Shining Promise sector.

The problem with the Teladi could possibly be related to the Teladi / Xenon problem in the Green Scale and Matrix # 451 sectors.

The game even with the mod is more stable, fps are also better.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 16:15

TSchmidtC wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 09:49
With version 1.3 things seem to be improving, as I have discovered in the HOP main sector 2 complete defense stations of the Xenon, the HOP became active and attacked one, and the destroyer fleets of the HOP are now attacking. The ORA have attacked Bright Promise, which defend MIN, but they must also defend Ianamus Zura IV against the Xenon. As the TEL are not actively fighting, they have quickly lost the corporate sector. The faction relationship of the HOP to the ORA has not changed. The ORA have so far set up 6 storage sites in the Shining Promise sector.

The problem with the Teladi could possibly be related to the Teladi / Xenon problem in the Green Scale and Matrix # 451 sectors.

Strange, i didn't changed anything, which could improve the behavoir. :gruebel:
Does Teladi produce M, L and XL ships but don't fight ?
Relation ORA to HOP is changed to a new game only, because it is relevant at gamstart only.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 17:22

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 16:15
TSchmidtC wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 09:49

Strange, i didn't changed anything, which could improve the behavoir. :gruebel:
Does Teladi produce M, L and XL ships but don't fight ?
Relation ORA to HOP is changed to a new game only, because it is relevant at gamstart only.

Maybe you removed something that caused a mistake.
The Teladi destroyers do not fight and even flee, so they have lost one but not replaced. They build ships when material is there. The MIN fight with 3 destroy against the ORA and Xenon and when they are broken they build new at the Teladi.
The Teladi can not use their own construction ships, and call especially the ARG and ANT Construction ships into the Xenon sector Matrix #451 which is the same as the Teladi / Xenon bug in Green Scale, and I think that does not make the Teladi work properly.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 17:15

Man I have to say: "Bravo"!

My game style is a little slow so I only had 73Mil built up and getting a Teranis MK2 outfitted was no laughing matter at $52Mil. I had to sell an Odysseus to feel comfortable with my money. Holy HELL though. Finally! This actually feels like a capitol should. I have enough turrets to have station-module-melting plasma on the left/right/bottom as well as beam to swat defense drones, and an Odysseus worth of missile turrets for other capitols. The 4 main battery cannons are great, I really wish that was present on the MK1, even if it were just 2. Anyway this makes an ideal companion to my carrier and gives me something much more survivable to run when HOP fleets try to stop me wrecking their sectors.

I have a question though. I'm a bit confused on all the modules you can add/turn on. My understanding is this:

mainmod: I can buy the ships, but just me.
mk1 - AI: AI for all the vanilla factions can build and field MK1 and MK2 ships (but don't invade with them?).
mk1 flagships: AI can build and field MK1 and MK2s AND will begin to invade using MK1
mk2 flagships: AI can build and field MK1 and MK2s AND will begin to invade using MK2

So I should not face invasion fleets of the new ships from either vanilla or mod-added factions until I turn on mk1 flagships or mk2 flagships right? I just want to be sure I understand the implications.

I'm getting ready to let the AI have the ships too but I don't want to end up facing flagship invasions, I'm not there financially yet and I can't just crank out destroyers by the score so I need to progress a bit slowly before I start letting invasions run rampant.

Again, thanks for this mod. This really was a treat last night when my Teranis Mk2 was pummeling a station and the L/M beams were taking out defense drones like a laser bug-zapper. THIS is what a battleship should feel like! If your fighters don't have missiles, you need not apply. Only a defense station that launched enough drones to paint the map red was enough to make me fall back to the rest of the fleet for extra support. This now feels like the M2 class from X3. Not to be trifled with.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 21:39

Oh yeah my custom logo is a 256x256 image but it's cropped close to the borders so most all of it is logo. The Terannis is cutting off maybe the lower 1/8 of the logo on the front, a bit more on the sides. Just a cosmetic deal but I thought I would report.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 08:35

The game seems to be slowly normalizing now. The TEL build destroyer and the newly built attack. Factions are only allowed to build 2 defense stations, as it looks like the ORA 6 build defense stations. The ORA have not yet appeared in Silent Witness, just a construction ship that appeared in the sector Silent Witness XI very early on.

It would be possible that the removal of the gate from the Teladi main sector has led to these improvements.

News Savegame
https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... ml.gz.html

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 17:27

photomankc wrote:
Fri, 26. Apr 19, 17:15
Man I have to say: "Bravo"!

My game style is a little slow so I only had 73Mil built up and getting a Teranis MK2 outfitted was no laughing matter at $52Mil. I had to sell an Odysseus to feel comfortable with my money. Holy HELL though. Finally! This actually feels like a capitol should. I have enough turrets to have station-module-melting plasma on the left/right/bottom as well as beam to swat defense drones, and an Odysseus worth of missile turrets for other capitols. The 4 main battery cannons are great, I really wish that was present on the MK1, even if it were just 2. Anyway this makes an ideal companion to my carrier and gives me something much more survivable to run when HOP fleets try to stop me wrecking their sectors.

I have a question though. I'm a bit confused on all the modules you can add/turn on. My understanding is this:

mainmod: I can buy the ships, but just me.
mk1 - AI: AI for all the vanilla factions can build and field MK1 and MK2 ships (but don't invade with them?).
mk1 flagships: AI can build and field MK1 and MK2s AND will begin to invade using MK1
mk2 flagships: AI can build and field MK1 and MK2s AND will begin to invade using MK2

So I should not face invasion fleets of the new ships from either vanilla or mod-added factions until I turn on mk1 flagships or mk2 flagships right? I just want to be sure I understand the implications.

I'm getting ready to let the AI have the ships too but I don't want to end up facing flagship invasions, I'm not there financially yet and I can't just crank out destroyers by the score so I need to progress a bit slowly before I start letting invasions run rampant.

Again, thanks for this mod. This really was a treat last night when my Teranis Mk2 was pummeling a station and the L/M beams were taking out defense drones like a laser bug-zapper. THIS is what a battleship should feel like! If your fighters don't have missiles, you need not apply. Only a defense station that launched enough drones to paint the map red was enough to make me fall back to the rest of the fleet for extra support. This now feels like the M2 class from X3. Not to be trifled with.
Glad you like it.
Which mainmod do you use, ROR or ashipmod or both?
For ROR it is:
mk1 ai: factions use mk1 ships only
mk1 flagships: factions are building flagships mk1, ORA and Xenon ones are doing invasions with mk1 flagships. More factionlogic invasion jobs for ORA (stronger conquer fleets of normal mk1 ships)
mk3 flagships: factions are building flagships mk3, ORA and Xenon ones are doing invasions with mk3 flagships. More factionlogic invasion jobs for ORA (stronger conquer fleets of normal mk3 ships)
photomankc wrote:
Fri, 26. Apr 19, 21:39
Oh yeah my custom logo is a 256x256 image but it's cropped close to the borders so most all of it is logo. The Terannis is cutting off maybe the lower 1/8 of the logo on the front, a bit more on the sides. Just a cosmetic deal but I thought I would report.
Oh, didn't try with custom logo yet, are your logos greater as the ingame ones?
TSchmidtC wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 08:35
The game seems to be slowly normalizing now. The TEL build destroyer and the newly built attack. Factions are only allowed to build 2 defense stations, as it looks like the ORA 6 build defense stations. The ORA have not yet appeared in Silent Witness, just a construction ship that appeared in the sector Silent Witness XI very early on.

It would be possible that the removal of the gate from the Teladi main sector has led to these improvements.

News Savegame
https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... ml.gz.html
Sounds good so far. Saw this defense station behavoir, but other factions should did this too. :gruebel:
They are using the same factionlogic scripts, but will look at it, ty.
Silent Witness is a problem with the vanilla factionlogic, because factions seems to not conquer ownerless sectors.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 18:26

Egosoft is still going through with the 2 defense stations because individual factions do not stick to it. The xenon, for example, stick to the 2 defense stations
The ORA had always attacked the ARG, and since they did not show up with the 24 hour timer, and so far they are only attacking the Teladi, I thought that might not be okay.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 02:34

ORA have 12 defense stations under construction now in Bright Promise in my game.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 17:36

photomankc wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 02:34
ORA have 12 defense stations under construction now in Bright Promise in my game.
I’m a little unsure if that’s a game problem or mod problem. After 2.21 the factions didn’t seem to spam defense stations as much but I had also eliminated many of the worst offenders. I notice in xenon space there are sometimes 4 or more defense stations from other races still. Not sure but I’ve never seen any of the others dropping in 12 anywhere.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 18:20

Yeah, it is a strange behavoir. The ORA faction is using the default factionlogic from the game.
Can you test this with faction war enhancer? Maybe mysterial did fix it in his mod, because he wrotes and changed a lot of factionlogic behavoir.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 21:01

sco1981 wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 18:20
Yeah, it is a strange behavoir. The ORA faction is using the default factionlogic from the game.
Can you test this with faction war enhancer? Maybe mysterial did fix it in his mod, because he wrotes and changed a lot of factionlogic behavoir.

Included in update/ patch 2.5
Fixed factions building more defence stations than they should.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 15:10

TSchmidtC wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 21:01
sco1981 wrote:

I'll wait and see what 2.5 brings i think. I've installed as many mods as I care to and right now the ORA are staying put other than the defense stations. If I get some ships up there to kill the builders at the gate we can clip that. My universe is getting starved for ship parts again, after I beat the HOP back to the edge and then backed off. I need to get my ship part stations built and start printing some money right now. I'm not in a position to crank out capital fleets just yet.

As for the logo, I don't think its oversized or anything. It's a 256x256 png with transparency.

Here it is visible on both the Taranis and the Colossus:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... erbox=true

Here is the front view:

Here it is on another XL ship:

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 3. May 19, 08:08

TSchmidtC wrote:
sco1981 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Did you test it with 1.5 already?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 3. May 19, 08:15

photomankc wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 19, 15:10

As for the logo, I don't think its oversized or anything. It's a 256x256 png with transparency.
Thank you, will fix it in the next version

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Fri, 3. May 19, 09:56

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 3. May 19, 08:08
TSchmidtC wrote:
sco1981 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Did you test it with 1.5 already?

I wait until patch 2.5 is finished to see how it works.

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Sun, 12. May 19, 20:48

Hi, I translated your mod into French, if you want the translation, tell me.
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate » Tue, 21. May 19, 09:39

Hello! I have the same problem - it is unavailable to buy mk1 and mk3 ships of maximum protection. I can buy all mk1 and mk3 ships with low protection and shields. Can you upload you savegames with available mk1 and mk3 ships of maximum protection? May tbe this problem with savegames. Also I can sent you my screenshots.

Savaj
x4

Post by Savaj » Wed, 29. May 19, 14:53

I ran this for a few days from a new game start and it was pretty fun. Intense... To be honest I have a headache now because of the constant pressure of trying to prevent the Teladi from being annihilated. I can barely spare a second to do anything else. I was killing Behemoths with a Sonra for a while :roll: ... Very little time to build relations.

I'm envisioning a sort of mission chain where the player initiates a series of events that reactivates the portals that then starts the invasion. Also, I begin to feel disappointed when there is no MK3 version of my favorite X4 ships and I pretty much have to switch over to the Ossian stuff.

Great mod, I look forward to seeing how to this develops and I hope to try it again a bit later.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Thu, 30. May 19, 16:15

Just reporting that with RoOR, ships that I built prior to the 2.5 update exhibited the following behavior after 2.5:

- When commanded to Upgrade/Repair at a shipyard or eq dock, repairs to modules and hull would complete but any new equipment, personnel, or consumables would never be installed. The ship would be forever stuck on "executing" the change equipment order in the queue.

- When given an order to exchange consumable wares the same result. The command would hang although in this case it would become "critical" thus locking up the ship to all further orders as critical orders can't be deleted from the queue.

Building a new ship of the same type and load out solves the problem. The new ship will operate properly (at least as far as change equipment orders goes, it was late by then). I suspect that this has to do with some changes in the XML that the update did not make in the mod-based ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”