[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sco1981
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 20:26

Thecrippler wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 15:39
sco1981 i have a small favor to ask can you move XL turrets on Arawn mk 1 and Taranis mk1 on the back off the engine on front off the ships Arawn mk 1 Marked with https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871585934 Taranis mk1 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871585870 after the 2.6
I am waiting for a better converter to edit the models. If it is released, then i begin to rework some of the ships.
Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:22
Heya sco,
Im back from a bit of slumber with 2.6 and upcoming 3.0.
Do you plan to update this mod after 2.6? Im trying to start the long ago promised comp. patch so thinking if I would include your files into VRO's base mod to have a built-in compatibility, or is this not the best idea?
Hey Shuulo,
yeah, i will work at my mod again with 3.0 beta because of the additional sectors. Dunno whats the best way, but it could work, if you create a addon mod with the ship macros of my mod only and set our mods as requirement. So if i update my mod, then you have to add only the new ship macro. :gruebel:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 19:08

where are the new sectors?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 19:42

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 19:08
where are the new sectors?
You will find one gate at silent witness 1 and sec gate at Bright Promise but be warned and be ready :twisted:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 21:30

can I ask what's the story?

like ORA and terra are friends but ORA is enemy to all the rest? and terracorp is friends with all?

and stupid NPC traders are traveling throu :D getting pawned
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 22:43

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 21:30
can I ask what's the story?

like ORA and terra are friends but ORA is enemy to all the rest? and terracorp is friends with all?

and stupid NPC traders are traveling throu :D getting pawned
the story is that you got one more faction to bash and some new ships to build if you don't wanna mess with other faction it is like role play but it is up to you your game your rules your story

for me xenon and ORA are good for now to to bash and keeping other faction alone until the split then we will see :)

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 18:56

balance needs a serious look here. I built a paranid poseidon mk1 with 3 XL PAR engines and the thing can run up to 350m/s....

An XL ship that is faster than an S ship is absurd

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 20:15

Warnoise wrote:
Tue, 1. Oct 19, 18:56
balance needs a serious look here. I built a paranid poseidon mk1 with 3 XL PAR engines and the thing can run up to 350m/s....

don't worry after 3.0 + new modding tools end of the year moders will take time and balance theirs mods all we can do as be patient and wait until next year for 3.0

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 00:40

:lol: even the mk1 xenon R gets pawned easily by S fighters OOS

are there mk1 and mk3 versions of Xenon R?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 08:47

Warnoise wrote:

Yeah, this is a problem i can't resolve at the moment.
But every ship in this mod should have the resized antimatter engine, which has balanced speed values. The antimatter engine is used of the AI ships also.
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 00:40

This is a X4 OOS bug and all Xenon ships got this problem at the moment. If you activate mk3 flagship mod, then Xenon R mk3 should be build.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 09:51

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 08:47
Warnoise wrote:

But every ship in this mod should have the resized antimatter engine, which has balanced speed values. The antimatter engine is used of the AI ships also.
Buzz2005 wrote:

This is a X4 OOS bug and all Xenon ships got this problem at the moment. If you activate mk3 flagship mod, then Xenon R mk3 should be build.
Oh i see! I will change to antimatter then since its currently so fast most of the ships can't catch up to it.

About the AI, I noticed that each faction built 1 MK1 battlership as protection. Are they limited to build only 1? or will they use them in invasions?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 10:04

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 08:47
Warnoise wrote:

Buzz2005 wrote:

I know all about that bug but was like maybe the R can get some shit done before its useless,

next time im going to be IS

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 16:08

Warnoise wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 09:51

Oh i see! I will change to antimatter then since its currently so fast most of the ships can't catch up to it.

About the AI, I noticed that each faction built 1 MK1 battlership as protection. Are they limited to build only 1? or will they use them in invasions?
Every faction got 1 battleship for every flagship mod. So if you should activate both flagshipmods (mk1 and mk3) then they try to build both. But be aware, OSR and maybe Xenon become a serious problem for the galaxy.
The Protector ships are only used for protection and should join fights. But they not start an invasion.
The R and one OSR flagship starts invasions of specific stations.

Buzz2005 wrote:

I know all about that bug but was like maybe the R can get some shit done before its useless,

next time im going to be IS
The R should be dangerous, above all the mk3 variant. Especially IS, they should be a real pain without a big fleet of player ships.
But feel free to write down your experience for the ships, so i can balance the ships in future versions.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 16:27

Mk3 xenon R is IMHO way OP, to much hull

rest is ok even thou 1 arwan mk3, 12 destroyers, 10 M and 40 S ships get completely wrecked IS
how much more do I need :lol:

As I was tired of that R I restarted and did the fight OOS, what was left was 8 destroyers and 15 S eclipsees, and if I go IS then the hull repair is faster then there DMG
they all have missiles btw, so I think its a little too much

What is bothering me more is that NPC flagships dont do much, there was a bayamon in that sector as that R but he never moved to attack

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 09:56

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 21. Sep 19, 17:04
If i understand you right, Argon Colossus carrier can resupply S and M ships? Then i have to look why my ships dont work with that feature.
Any luck with this issue? :) I'm using your carriers as flagships and I fly them personally in heavier fights to keep them safe and make good use of their turrets (also because it's really cool to watch from the brigde few L turrets and dozen of missiles firing simultanously :D) - but for resupply I have to rely on not-so-cool Colossus and Nomad. I can live with that, but IMO Arawn or Bayamon working as proper carrier would make this mod even better :)

Also, one of your ships (Bayamon i believe) has 25k container storage (similiar to what other carriers have), but also 30-40k solid and liquid storage. Is this intended or something left by mistake?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 15:12

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 16:27
Mk3 xenon R is IMHO way OP, to much hull

rest is ok even thou 1 arwan mk3, 12 destroyers, 10 M and 40 S ships get completely wrecked IS

As I was tired of that R I restarted and did the fight OOS, what was left was 8 destroyers and 15 S eclipsees, and if I go IS then the hull repair is faster then there DMG
they all have missiles btw, so I think its a little too much

What is bothering me more is that NPC flagships dont do much, there was a bayamon in that sector as that R but he never moved to attack
The Mk3 flagship mod is only for people with a big fleet. So the R should be a real Threat and you have to use many big ships. It is a late game feature where the player got big assets and not much todo anymore.
OOS is a egosoft thing and i hope they will fix it soon.
Bayamon is the Pirate/SCA flagship, so they wouldn't attack like other factions. The normal flagships of the races should react to intruders.

Wonsz wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 09:56
Any luck with this issue? :) I'm using your carriers as flagships and I fly them personally in heavier fights to keep them safe and make good use of their turrets (also because it's really cool to watch from the brigde few L turrets and dozen of missiles firing simultanously :D) - but for resupply I have to rely on not-so-cool Colossus and Nomad. I can live with that, but IMO Arawn or Bayamon working as proper carrier would make this mod even better :)

Also, one of your ships (Bayamon i believe) has 25k container storage (similiar to what other carriers have), but also 30-40k solid and liquid storage. Is this intended or something left by mistake?
Not yet, i hope i got some time this weekend for further tests.
The bayamon is the pirate XL ship. It has fewer weapons, hull and armor but more storage for raiding trade ships. :-)

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 22:04

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 15:12
The bayamon is the pirate XL ship. It has fewer weapons, hull and armor but more storage for raiding trade ships. :-)
Ok, that makes sense ;)
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 16:27
Probably you need c.a 300 fighters armed with missiles ;) I'm currently using Mk1 module and if I throw 100 S fithters with missiles against Eureka, I lose 5-10 of them. In my previous game I was fighting Bayamon Protectors, losing c.a. 15-25 S's of 150 engaged in such combat. Anyway, swarm of fighters, missiles and torpedoes, not dozens of destroyers, is what you need. *

* - your expirience may differ if not using VRO mod ;)

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 19:43

Wonsz wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 22:04
sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 15:12
Ok, that makes sense ;)
I think i have found the problem, but it takes some time to fix that, because i have to edit every single ship. :roll:

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 22:57

Well, for now mod provides some fine battleships with good firepower and challenging enemies, so I'm not complaining ;)
However, I think I found more serious problem. Maybe it's your mod, maybe it's vanilla issue, I'm not sure - but after building larger fleets I noticed that subordinate M ships (Nemesis, Osprey) are trying to dock at wing leader Taranis. Problem is - Taranis has no M docks nor M space. As a result, subordinate M's are stranded with 'critical' dock order, I can't cancel it nor give another order, the only workaround I figured is to take the helm personally (that cancels 'critical' dock order if M is far enough from Taranis) and change commander before new 'dock' order is issued.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 23:43

it probably uses carrier AI and they do this, kind of annoying even if they have docks bc after every action they go dock, then get stuck waiting to dock while new enemies come and shoot at them

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 09:07

Probably you're right. But in most cases this is just annoying - I can cancel order manually or, if docking is already in progress, wait for it to finish and then regain control of the ship. But when ship is trying to dock on other ship with no proper dock for it (like M on Taranis), problem gets more serious - ship sits in place defenceless for hours and there's no way to clear it's order queue (other than described in my previous post - but I don't want to do this with 20 or 50 M's).
Howewer, it's not critical - I'm simply not assigning M's directly to Taranis any more and everything works just (I wanted to say "fine", but I just couldn't do this ;] ) as in vanilla

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”