[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

raim729
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.82 and ashipmod

Post by raim729 » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 17:51

Hello,

Got a question. Is there a way to increase Ora's forces?
Unfortunately they are destroyed too quickly because everyone has enemies.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:06

is this compatible with 3.3?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 7. Aug 20, 00:48

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:06
is this compatible with 3.3?
I've been using it with 3.3, all seems well though I'm not far into this game.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 9. Aug 20, 01:09

Hi,

I do have a slight issue with this mod, it appears that the East gate in Silent Witness XI isn't included in the Navigation route in certain situations. For example, I'm in Silent Witness XI and order my ship to fly to Triton. It does not go:

Silent Witness XI > Theia > Triton - which is the most direct route.

Rather it follows the route:

Silent Witness XI > Silent Witness I > Profit Center Alpha > Bright Promise > Theia > Triton - which is very much the long way around. It's like it doesn't "see" that Gate in SW XI.

Also, I've seen the odd ORA Ship, but I haven't seen where they're coming from - are they build by the TTC Wharf? I'm just running default settings at the moment, so perhaps I'm missing something? Do they have a home sector of their own?

Scoob.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 10:18

hey, thanks for this awesome mod^^ :)

but is there a way to disable "ashipmod_ai mod" and "ashipmod_flagship mod"?

i think these mods ruin my game because the factions are way too strong now^^ they wipe the floor with the poor xenon :o
(btw. i haven't seen a Xenon R in two days yet)

and there's "peace" everywhere, no more faction fighting :gruebel:

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 08:59

raim729 wrote:
Tue, 4. Aug 20, 17:51
Hello,

Got a question. Is there a way to increase Ora's forces?
Unfortunately they are destroyed too quickly because everyone has enemies.
Just talk to the NPC at the Omega station and increase the difficulty. :)
Scoob wrote:
Sun, 9. Aug 20, 01:09
Hi,

I do have a slight issue with this mod, it appears that the East gate in Silent Witness XI isn't included in the Navigation route in certain situations. For example, I'm in Silent Witness XI and order my ship to fly to Triton. It does not go:

Silent Witness XI > Theia > Triton - which is the most direct route.

Rather it follows the route:

Silent Witness XI > Silent Witness I > Profit Center Alpha > Bright Promise > Theia > Triton - which is very much the long way around. It's like it doesn't "see" that Gate in SW XI.

Also, I've seen the odd ORA Ship, but I haven't seen where they're coming from - are they build by the TTC Wharf? I'm just running default settings at the moment, so perhaps I'm missing something? Do they have a home sector of their own?

Scoob.
This behavoir exist in vanilla games too, the pathway ai is not very good. There are a lot forum posts about it.
ORA has 2 main sectors where their ships are building and coming from.
Berni wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 10:18
hey, thanks for this awesome mod^^ :)

but is there a way to disable "ashipmod_ai mod" and "ashipmod_flagship mod"?

i think these mods ruin my game because the factions are way too strong now^^ they wipe the floor with the poor xenon :o
(btw. i haven't seen a Xenon R in two days yet)

and there's "peace" everywhere, no more faction fighting :gruebel:
You still have ashipmod mods activated? You can deactivate these. If you disable the "ashipmod" main mod, then the ships disappear, but there would be some orphaned entries in your savegame. Best way is to disable _ai and _flagship mods and destroy these old ships first.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 11:58

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 08:59

This behavoir exist in vanilla games too, the pathway ai is not very good. There are a lot forum posts about it.
Yes, there are issues in various parts of the Vanilla universe. However, I'm talking specifically about sectors added with this mod. I don't know how things work code-wise, whether there's any sort of navigation stuff baked into the map / sectors themselves. All I know is that ship can freak out at certain gates. Basically, that was my query, does someone adding new Sectors have to add additional navigational data elsewhere?

Could you pop into spoilers where these sectors are? I've found Theia and Triton, the former being neutral with no stations and the latter being the Terran home sector, but that's it. Oddly, ORA ships seem to spawn in Triton, so I wondered if ORA bought ships from the Terrans - like FAF do from FRF.

My day-old universe is already seeing the Split ZYA and FRF factions being invaded by the Xenon. They will lose several sectors soon and FRF space will be cut off. I need to get exploring now if there are more sectors to find. I use VRO (and other mods) which makes things quite a bit harder :)

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 14. Aug 20, 01:40

Hi,

I started a fresh game this evening. Did a Patrol mission (Peace and Stability) for the TTC Faction in Triton, completed the mission and got a -5 rep hit. These missions work fine for other factions.

To be clear, my log shows:

Reputation lost: -5 Terran Trader Corp

Reason: Mission Completed.

I'll test these missions with other factions as I progress, but I've never had a rep loss after taking one before.

Scoob.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:39

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 14. Aug 20, 01:40
Hi,

I started a fresh game this evening. Did a Patrol mission (Peace and Stability) for the TTC Faction in Triton, completed the mission and got a -5 rep hit. These missions work fine for other factions.

I'll test these missions with other factions as I progress, but I've never had a rep loss after taking one before.

Scoob.
Yeah something is up with TTC Rep. I killed a FAF Split raider in Triton and took a -12 rep hit from TTC. Does not make sense. Also did a mission for TTC that ended up with a negative rep strike..

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 15:27

MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:39
Yeah something is up with TTC Rep. I killed a FAF Split raider in Triton and took a -12 rep hit from TTC. Does not make sense. Also did a mission for TTC that ended up with a negative rep strike..
[/quote]

Something certainly isn't right, I should be at 20+ rep with them by now, but many of my "good" actions just lower it. It's a bit hit and miss. I gain rep for trading, but lose it for completing a mission for them. They do appear to be on good terms with most Factions, so I guess killing a FAF ship is considered a hostile act in their space.

Also, while I see plenty of TTC ship and they have their own sector of course, seeing OSA (the enemy faction IIRC) ships is very very rare. I just get the odd mining ship. Also, destroying OSA ships in TTC space gives a rep loss too. I don't know if this is intended or linked to the above bug. I had hoped there would be enemy sectors with an OSA Shipyard etc. Perhaps I'm missing something.

I would remove the mod, as I'm not sure it's working quite right, but of course that'd break my game in progress.

Scoob.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 03:34

Some additional oddness, I just ran across a TTC raiding party down in Atiya's Misfortune 1 attacking Xenon ships and structures..

Bezlikiy070

Post by Bezlikiy070 » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 02:32

I don't understand, what about the main cannon for Eternal Dawn MK3? I bщгпре a drawing of the B-Ray MK3 cannon, however, but at my shipyard and at the TTS shipyard, only the MK1 cannon can be installed. :o Someone can you tell me if I missed some content?

P.S. Im play with VRO

WhiteDwarf
x4

Post by WhiteDwarf » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 21:06

When I talk to the ROR MOD setup NPC I see there are missions Unknown Signal, Terran Trader & Faiths Revenge, when I choose any of them I get a box reading "Mission is not available yet"? I have +24 rep with TTC. How do I do these missions?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 19:21

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 11:58
sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 08:59

Yes, there are issues in various parts of the Vanilla universe. However, I'm talking specifically about sectors added with this mod. I don't know how things work code-wise, whether there's any sort of navigation stuff baked into the map / sectors themselves. All I know is that ship can freak out at certain gates. Basically, that was my query, does someone adding new Sectors have to add additional navigational data elsewhere?

Could you pop into spoilers where these sectors are? I've found Theia and Triton, the former being neutral with no stations and the latter being the Terran home sector, but that's it. Oddly, ORA ships seem to spawn in Triton, so I wondered if ORA bought ships from the Terrans - like FAF do from FRF.

My day-old universe is already seeing the Split ZYA and FRF factions being invaded by the Xenon. They will lose several sectors soon and FRF space will be cut off. I need to get exploring now if there are more sectors to find. I use VRO (and other mods) which makes things quite a bit harder :)

Scoob.
The ORA sectors are:
Spoiler
Show
Behind Matrix9
But you have to increase the difficulity first at the Mod NPC to activate the Gate.

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 14. Aug 20, 01:40
Hi,

Scoob.
Dont know where this comes from. I test some missions and got always positive REP, but some missions offer to kill TTC guys, which will result in REP lost.
Can you test without other mods please?
MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:39
I did kill the FAF M ship too and got no REP hit, maybe another mod issue here? I can disable the "police" tag for the Terrans, so they shouldnt care about kills of other factions and lower their REP to all others to "neutral".
MHDriver wrote:
Thu, 17. Sep 20, 03:34
Some additional oddness, I just ran across a TTC raiding party down in Atiya's Misfortune 1 attacking Xenon ships and structures..
Why is it odd? TTC got some patrol ships and Xenon are enemies. :-)
Bezlikiy070 wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 02:32
I don't understand, what about the main cannon for Eternal Dawn MK3? I bщгпре a drawing of the B-Ray MK3 cannon, however, but at my shipyard and at the TTS shipyard, only the MK1 cannon can be installed. :o Someone can you tell me if I missed some content?
A bug, i will fix it in the next version.
WhiteDwarf wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 21:06
When I talk to the ROR MOD setup NPC I see there are missions Unknown Signal, Terran Trader & Faiths Revenge, when I choose any of them I get a box reading "Mission is not available yet"? I have +24 rep with TTC. How do I do these missions?
Not available yet means, that these missions are not in the mod atm, sorry.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 20:17

Hello,
I have battleships MK1 and MK3 turned on in the settings, the difficulty level is set to 'Normal'.
Unfortunately I cannot buy some battleships (e.g. Bayamon Mk1/MK3 from the Argon), which are red. What are the requirements for me to be able to buy them? Reputation is 30 for the Argon. In all factions, some of them are red.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 13. Dec 20, 08:27

Hello,
one more question.
Do the invasion ships spawn out of nowhere or are they really built in the shipyards?

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 12:43

I would like to see a basic list of the ships added by the mod. The screenshots, description-page and all videos I could dig up about the mod really lack a lot of information.
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 16. Dec 20, 16:49

Polofix wrote:
Fri, 11. Dec 20, 20:17
Hello,
I have battleships MK1 and MK3 turned on in the settings, the difficulty level is set to 'Normal'.
Unfortunately I cannot buy some battleships (e.g. Bayamon Mk1/MK3 from the Argon), which are red. What are the requirements for me to be able to buy them? Reputation is 30 for the Argon. In all factions, some of them are red.
There are some ships with "protector" in its name, these ships are for the AI only. It's not possibile to hide these ships for the player, sorry.
Polofix wrote:
Sun, 13. Dec 20, 08:27
Hello,
one more question.
Do the invasion ships spawn out of nowhere or are they really built in the shipyards?
The factions are building the ships, but if you increase difficulty or one of the MK addons at the faction npc, then the jobs spawn at the first time.
Cant do anything about it, this is a change egosoft did some patches ago.
RedEyedRaven wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 12:43
I would like to see a basic list of the ships added by the mod. The screenshots, description-page and all videos I could dig up about the mod really lack a lot of information.
At the TTC XL shipyard are all available ships listed.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 07:33

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 16. Dec 20, 16:49
Polofix wrote:
Hello,
one more question.
The factions are building the ships, but if you increase difficulty or one of the MK addons at the faction npc, then the jobs spawn at the first time.
First of all, thank you for the answers.

What I have not yet understood. Does that mean that the FIRST invasion consists of spawned ships and all further invasions of built ships ?
My point is not to have to fight spawned ships all the time.That would just be a job creation measure and I wouldn't be able to fight it in the long run.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 22:41

Polofix wrote:
Fri, 18. Dec 20, 07:33
sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 16. Dec 20, 16:49
Polofix wrote:
Hello,
one more question.
First of all, thank you for the answers.

What I have not yet understood. Does that mean that the FIRST invasion consists of spawned ships and all further invasions of built ships ?
My point is not to have to fight spawned ships all the time.That would just be a job creation measure and I wouldn't be able to fight it in the long run.
Every higher difficulty increase the max count of ships the Raiders can have.
If you increase the difficulty, then these additional ships spawn (first time only). If some of these ships get destroyed, then the Raiders build these at their shipyards.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”