[MOD] Satellite Network v0.33

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BD
x4

Re: [MOD] Satellite Network

Post by BD » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 08:26

morbideth wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 07:41
When checking for stations outside its current sector, it goes to the first one it finds, which is not usually the closest. Finding the closest would require checking every station in range to see if they have a sat nearby and then sorting the list. I could do that if people want but it is much more computationally intensive and might cause a fps drop.
Not needed for me. :)

barra
x4

Post by barra » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 08:53

morbideth wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 21:52
Grimshad wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 21:13
This is what i get, what am i missing?

https://imgur.com/xixcYRU
That is the translation file text. Is your game set to english? What other mods do you have installed? Could be some kind of conflict.
That being said, it is just the label. You can still click on the order and it will work.

I'll look at the replies and see what is going on in the morning.

got it: i have changed the content.xml to:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<content id="SatNetwork" name="Satellite Network" description="Sending ships to drop sats." author="Silentdeth" version="0.1" date="2018-12-08" save="0" enabled="1">
<text language="7" name="Satellite Network" description="Adds deploy Satellites behaviour." author="Silentdeth" />
<text language="33" name="Satellite Network" description="Adds deploy Satellites behaviour." author="Silentdeth" />
<text language="34" name="Satellite Network" description="Adds deploy Satellites behaviour." author="Silentdeth" />
<text language="39" name="Satellite Network" description="Adds deploy Satellites behaviour." author="Silentdeth" />
<text language="44" name="Satellite Network" description="Adds deploy Satellites behaviour." author="Silentdeth" />
<text language="49" name="Satellite Network" description="Adds deploy Satellites behaviour." author="Silentdeth" />
<text language="86" name="Satellite Network" description="Adds deploy Satellites behaviour." author="Silentdeth" />
<text language="88" name="Satellite Network" description="Adds deploy Satellites behaviour.." author="Silentdeth" />
</content>

now Im able to use the button (its no longer greyed out)

fyi: I bought the game in steam india, ingame lang. = english

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 10:54

BTW a little quirk with this mod is if you try to use more than one ship they will sometimes end up together laying several sats per station. You can micromanage and start them off in different sectors which helps. Just an FYI. All in all a great mod.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 11:26

mcal9909 wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 23:41
Had a strange bug of sorts. I started my Sat deploy in Grand Exchange I, Once he had finsihed he moved to Pious Mists II deployed sats, Then Pontiflex's Claim deployed sats, Then Cardinals Redress deployed sats. After this he seemd to ride the Highway between Pious Mists II and Holy Vision in a loop. Going back and forth without deploying any new sats. He had 45 left in his inventory. Starting his orders again just resulted in him going through this loop again. Moved him to Grand Exchange III and changed his area to deploy to Grand Exchange III and started him backup and hes off deploying sats again.
Found the problem, it was taking it so long to search through the station in the sector that it had rode the highway to the next before it found a station that needed a sat. Should be fixed in next version.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 11:27

Baconnaise wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 10:54
BTW a little quirk with this mod is if you try to use more than one ship they will sometimes end up together laying several sats per station. You can micromanage and start them off in different sectors which helps. Just an FYI. All in all a great mod.
I've noticed that, I may have them do another check before they drop their sat. Right now it only checks before they head to the station.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 12:19

Grimshad wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 23:00
morbideth wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 21:52
Grimshad wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 21:13
This is what i get, what am i missing?

https://imgur.com/xixcYRU
That is the translation file text. Is your game set to english? What other mods do you have installed? Could be some kind of conflict.
That being said, it is just the label. You can still click on the order and it will work.

I'll look at the replies and see what is going on in the morning.
Game is in English, using auto explore, learn all the things, and trade buy notifcation. The problem is that I can't click it. it's greyed out like my pilot doesn't have enough stars, but it only requires 0, so i don't understand why it's greyed out.
Updated, let me know if this fixes things.
v0.20
  • Added support for advanced satellites.
  • Added (untranslated) language files for non-english languages.
  • Attempted fix for flying through destination sector.
  • Improved checks for multiple sat layers.
  • Improved some interrupts, I think.

aquarius79
x4

Re: [MOD] Satellite Network v0.20

Post by aquarius79 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:35

ATTENTION do NOT run MULTIPLE instances of this mod or your game crash.

Assigning 1 perseus (speed) the default behaviour to deploy sats works as announced and fine.

Assigning a second explorer makes the game crash after few seconds.

But, in general this is a good mod, 1 explorere will do the job anyway.

BD
x4

Post by BD » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:44

aquarius79 wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:35

Assigning 1 perseus (speed) the default behaviour to deploy sats works as announced and fine.

In version 0.10 i ran 3 ships at the same moment and it works.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:59

aquarius79 wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:35

I'm not having any trouble with multiple ships running this script and as someone above complained about multiple ships with this script laying sats on the same station I'm guessing they aren't either. Nor can I think of a reason why having two ships running this script would be any different than having one as far as stability goes.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 19:38

You should consider putting this up on Nexus Mods. It's been exactly as described and works fairly well (for me at least).

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 21:08

Im not an experienced modder and i dont know how exactly you can interface MD script with the engine and game but, wouldnt it be easier easier to have a global array of *reserved* station? Then when a ship search for a station, look up that array and see, oh this one is reserved lets find the next one and append the new station to the array? Also modify the "on kill" signal/event to removed the station from the global array if it was running?
Global //game wide
If RerservedStation Array == Nil
--RerservedStation Array = new ReservedStation array

Local //instance running on ship
value reserved
value curTarget

--if curTarget.got.Satelitte
----Find new target
----Break

else
--for each reserved in ReservedStation
----if curTarget == reserved
------Breack;
------Seek new target
----Else
------Set Target

On Kill event
--If order = Explore || curTarget =! nil
----Remove curTarget from ReservedArray
That is some big ass pseudo code that might not even be possible but might get my point accross and prevent having 2 ship with the same target or send a ship to a station for nothing, a little bit like they reserved trade offer in rebirth or now here too i think? And be a little easier on the computing.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 22:18

jocan2003 wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 21:08
Im not an experienced modder and i dont know how exactly you can interface MD script with the engine and game but, wouldnt it be easier easier to have a global array of *reserved* station? Then when a ship search for a station, look up that array and see, oh this one is reserved lets find the next one and append the new station to the array? Also modify the "on kill" signal/event to removed the station from the global array if it was running?

That is some big ass pseudo code that might not even be possible but might get my point accross and prevent having 2 ship with the same target or send a ship to a station for nothing, a little bit like they reserved trade offer in rebirth or now here too i think? And be a little easier on the computing.
You don't need to use the MD to use global variables. That being said, your code doesn't account for stations being built/discovered/destroyed, and wouldn't offer an improvement as they would still have to be checked as they are now.

nielsw
x4

Post by nielsw » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 03:01

I heard that the Steam Workshop is just an attempt by Valve to grab cash for mods from independent modders that Valve had no part in creating...

If that statement is accurate, I can't say.

But if its true, maybe that's the reason...?

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 03:29

Anyone tried this with Sector Satellites' advanced sats? I'm curious what would happen.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 06:07

"=ReadText1041-303=" instead "Deploy Sattelites". Checked russian and english laguages, I guess the same for others.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 07:13

captainradish wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 03:29
Anyone tried this with Sector Satellites' advanced sats? I'm curious what would happen.
Nothing happens it just works. I have advanced sat range (old version of mod) plus sector sat mod (new version) that updates the whole sector with just one sat. You can even use the cheat mod that reveals all stations with all of it.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 09:13

Reaper507 wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 06:07
"=ReadText1041-303=" instead "Deploy Sattelites". Checked russian and english laguages, I guess the same for others.
Grr, I can't figure why it would be doing that. It shouldn't, the files are there. Maybe there is a bug with merging language file. I could try diff I guess. Does anyone have a mod that adds files to the \t directory and doesn't have this issue?

Edit: Tried an update using diff instead, let me know if that works. If it doesn't... I'm officially out of ideas.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 13:18

Baconnaise wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 07:13
captainradish wrote:
Nothing happens it just works. I have advanced sat range (old version of mod) plus sector sat mod (new version) that updates the whole sector with just one sat. You can even use the cheat mod that reveals all stations with all of it.
What I mean is does it still dump half-a-dozen satellites in a sector or only one or two?

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 13:43

captainradish wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 13:18
Baconnaise wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 07:13
captainradish wrote:
What I mean is does it still dump half-a-dozen satellites in a sector or only one or two?
It still uses the vanilla range for stats when calculation where to place them.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:29

morbideth wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 09:13
Reaper507 wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 06:07
Grr, I can't figure why it would be doing that. It shouldn't, the files are there. Maybe there is a bug with merging language file. I could try diff I guess. Does anyone have a mod that adds files to the \t directory and doesn't have this issue?

Edit: Tried an update using diff instead, let me know if that works. If it doesn't... I'm officially out of ideas.
V 0.21 has the same issue - ReadText...
Here is a mod with \t: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=406700
I am the only one who has this bug? But I checked english version too. Morbideth what do you see in your game: "deploy sattelites" or "ReadText"?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”