[MOD] Research Overhaul v2.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sebast076
x4

Re: [MOD] Research Overhaul v1.0

Post by sebast076 » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 13:06

Yeah you can obtain station modules via scanning dataleak without researching even in vanilla

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 20:25

The exceptional engine mods requirements has hull parts instead of engine parts. This is for the hard version

sebast076
x4

Post by sebast076 » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 11:47

Sirilius wrote:
Sat, 12. Jan 19, 20:25
The exceptional engine mods requirements has hull parts instead of engine parts. This is for the hard version
Oh my bad. I'll upload a fix today

Edit: version 1.0a with the fix uploaded to nexus

Drewgamer
x4

Re: [MOD] Research Overhaul v1.0a

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 20:33

Hi all, I have been given permission by sebast076 to maintain the mod for them while they are busy with life stuff.

I'm releasing v2.0 today. There are no new features at the moment, however I've converted the mod to use the lovely _G workaround by morbideth. This should allow better compatibility with other mods that interact with the research menu and make porting the mod to the "proper" way easier once Egosoft fixes the bug with _G.

EDIT: Mod can still be downloaded via the Nexus link on the first page!

If you have any issues with the mod (or would like to see something changed/added), feel free to continue posting here, or post to the Nexus page.
I shall do my best to check both locations, however Nexus would definitely be the better location for quicker feedback :)

Cheers,
Drewgamer
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

docwho83
x4

Re: [MOD] Research Overhaul v2.0

Post by docwho83 » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 01:58

I just started back playing add this and the jump drive research but I am getting told it needs something researched before I can research anything? and no resources are being asked for. I also removed jump drive research and still had the problem. Any idea of what I am missing?
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 05:00

Love the concept of this mod I thought it could be downloaded but it seems that it's taken down now. Wondering if anyone has a older version was it dat files or xml? Be interesting to restore it again for the new version if possible even I would attempt it :)

Either way thought I ask thanks.

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 11:43

Yeah i would like that. Also i would love if research was not tied to story. Aka enabling it from start or giving condition of having at least one station. For ship modifications replacing initial research quest with just items.

Also it would be really nice if this was alternative to buying blueprints. For an example to get Discoverer blueprint you would have to first obtain ship deliver it to station and then spend ship + resources + time to get that blueprint.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 22:57

Perkel wrote:
Tue, 14. Apr 20, 11:43
Yeah i would like that. Also i would love if research was not tied to story. Aka enabling it from start or giving condition of having at least one station. For ship modifications replacing initial research quest with just items.

Also it would be really nice if this was alternative to buying blueprints. For an example to get Discoverer blueprint you would have to first obtain ship deliver it to station and then spend ship + resources + time to get that blueprint.
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/72

language
x4

Post by language » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 19:50

Hello, is it possible to get this mod? Or is there anything similar that is available?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”