[MOD] Sector Satellites

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iforgotmysocks
x4

[MOD] Sector Satellites

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 06:26

V0.9.4 tackles a few station storage allocation issues that recently came to light. More infos on that regard in the changelog and the update spoiler on nexus.

Allows satellites to pull prices from all stations in a sector.
Adds a few more features to advanced satellites.
Adds 3 more satellites, one with passive radar unless hostiles are closeby, an interdiction satellite, (Piracy!) and Survey Units that allow the player to discover hidden treasures like data vaults or ships.
All fully configurable.

Alot more infos on Nexus:
Link to Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... id=7195291
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Tue, 28. Apr 20, 23:38, edited 10 times in total.

Baconnaise
x4

Re: [MOD] Sector Satellites

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 08:42

I've been using this and your older longer range version. Love it.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 15:58

Heh, I finally caved even though I was a bit concerned about how it manages to reveal stations (I'm that Kadath in your comments at the Nexus), and been loving it as well. After all, even if the spawning/despawning of temporary player ships were to influence other less apparent things and reveal some indirect issues down the road, it's not like X4 is currently in a state were I can really get 100% invested in a long term playthrough anyway, it's going to take some months before that. So, thanks for the quality of life here and now ;)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:58

Thanks guys, glad you like it. Ya, as i said, hopefully i'll find another way soon. There's most likely already a function that does it, but wasn't included in the current xsd files. I'm not about to decompile the exe to look for it, so this workaround will have to do until we know more. :D It's not really something critical, i've been using this method in previous mods already to get things done, like creating a within restrictions randomized location to build stations for my xr black legion pirate mod, and since most events will probably check for the player being there and not just a ship, there's not too much to be worry about.

akirhol
x3tc

Post by akirhol » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 17:57

If I understand correctly, Advanced Satellites will reveal yet-unrevealed stations, correct? Will they also reveal newly built stations after the advanced satellite has already been deployed? I've been dropping vanilla sats everywhere and noticed the NPC factions are building new stations in my game, and I worry about new stations being dropped that I won't have visibility of after having already gone through the work of dropping the sats in the first place.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:05

akirhol wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 17:57
If I understand correctly, Advanced Satellites will reveal yet-unrevealed stations, correct? Will they also reveal newly built stations after the advanced satellite has already been deployed? I've been dropping vanilla sats everywhere and noticed the NPC factions are building new stations in my game, and I worry about new stations being dropped that I won't have visibility of after having already gone through the work of dropping the sats in the first place.
I guess it's time to write a more clear description for the mod. ^^
Yep, all satellites will rescan the sector they're placed in every 10 minutes. If a new station is found, it'll be added for price updates. A normal satellite will only find new stations in places that have been discovered, an advanced satellite will also find new stations that are in undiscovered space, reveal them and sign them up for price updates.

akirhol
x3tc

Post by akirhol » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:08

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:05
akirhol wrote:
Yep, all satellites will rescan the sector they're placed in every 10 minutes. If a new station is found, it'll be added for price updates. A normal satellite will only find new stations in places that have been discovered, an advanced satellite will also find new stations that are in undiscovered space, reveal them and sign them up for price updates.
Brilliant, thank you for the quick reply. This is exactly the kind of mod I was hoping for while roaming around dropping sats everywhere.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:44

akirhol wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:08
iforgotmysocks wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:05
akirhol wrote:
Brilliant, thank you for the quick reply. This is exactly the kind of mod I was hoping for while roaming around dropping sats everywhere.
FWIW with this mod and his older longer scan range version you can pretty much delegate ships stocked with advanced sats to deploy them in each region. That's what I've been doing. I can get away with one technically but I usually end up queueing 2-4 per region depending on station saturation. Plus you never know when a raiding party might actually take one out. They eventually snuff them out in Xenon zones even if they're put out of the way. One thing I dislike is zooming out brings back the FoW on the map so you can't for example take a screencap to have a game world outline. Might be able to find it via the files who knows.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 21:26

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Error in MD cue md.SectorSatellites.SS_Main: Signalled cue md.SectorSatellites.SS_Main_RevealKnownStation_Bugfix has no corresponding listeners
* Expression: SS_Main_RevealKnownStation_Bugfix
[

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:04

Thanks alex, i'll take a look what's up. Not sure why but i'm guessing it tried to call the cue again even tho it's been already executed. It only needed to run once.
I'll take a look in a few minutes. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Edit: So ya, the message just popps up because the cue doesn't have a valid call anymore (which was intended), the only call happend the first time the mod was executed, so this message can be ignored. :)
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

Barons
x4

Post by Barons » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:09

Thanks for this mod!

When placing advanced satellites do they only make stations 100% discovered that are within the radius of the satellite or is it every station in the sector?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:00

They don't set stations to 100% discovered, they only set them known, add price updates and reveal the fog of war, but yes, they do it sector wide.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:37

V 0.7 is out:

To easy players minds who had trouble with the idea of ships being spawned to uncover stations i created a new type of satellite that will do the job from now on and won't count as a ship. To also give advanced satellites more value, the player will find 5-7 more missions available at random stations of a sector after entering. Have fun. :)

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 09:40

Awesome, thanks for the update. Going to start a new game with 1.3 (released right after I had just found an abandoned Odysseus :cry: ), but at least with your mod mapping and monitoring the galaxy will be a much less tedious endeavour.

And thanks for that heads up about Win7. I had issues with another mod (thought it must have been because of the contents.xml, but couldn't repair it) and this apparently turns up to be the cause. This needs to be either addressed or made widely known asap, 45% of pc users still are using Win7.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 12:05

Where to get these probes? - Advanced Satellite Detection Probes

I have not tried the mod yet, I wanted to ask in advance. :roll:

They need to buy or they automatically fly out during the installation of the satellite.?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 12:23

Kadatherion wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 09:40
Awesome, thanks for the update. Going to start a new game with 1.3 (released right after I had just found an abandoned Odysseus :cry: ), but at least with your mod mapping and monitoring the galaxy will be a much less tedious endeavour.

And thanks for that heads up about Win7. I had issues with another mod (thought it must have been because of the contents.xml, but couldn't repair it) and this apparently turns up to be the cause. This needs to be either addressed or made widely known asap, 45% of pc users still are using Win7.
Aww, sucks about ur Odysseus, glad you like the mod. :)
Ya, took a bit to figure out what was causing some players not to be able to use mods correctly and how to work around it. It beeing a OS issue was one of my last ideas, might have something todo with text encoding.
alexalsp wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 12:05
Where to get these probes? - Advanced Satellite Detection Probes

I have not tried the mod yet, I wanted to ask in advance. :roll:

They need to buy or they automatically fly out during the installation of the satellite.?
It's all in the description. :) Once you place an advanced satellite it'll use the detection probes to uncover stations in the current sector which disappear again afterwards.

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:03

Hello,
The work of satellites does not work here is what is written in the console debug :

[gamestart: 2] - [Mon Dec 10 15:49:04 2018]: Error: File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\sectorsatellites\index\macros.xml.sig'
[gamestart: 2] - [Mon Dec 10 15:49:04 2018]: Info: File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\sectorsatellites\index\macros.xml' (error:14)
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:12

o-papaya-o wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:03
Hello,
The work of satellites does not work here is what is written in the console debug :

[gamestart: 2] - [Mon Dec 10 15:49:04 2018]: Error: File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\sectorsatellites\index\macros.xml.sig'
[gamestart: 2] - [Mon Dec 10 15:49:04 2018]: Info: File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\sectorsatellites\index\macros.xml' (error:14)

This is not a mod error, but the lack of a signature. Now this is for all files. The mod works and these sig errors are not worth paying attention to.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 22:42

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:12
o-papaya-o wrote:
Hello,

This is not a mod error, but the lack of a signature. Now this is for all files. The mod works and these sig errors are not worth paying attention to.
Yup, that's right. Thank you Alex! :)

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 23:08

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:12
o-papaya-o wrote:
Hello,

ok Thank you
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”