How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

User avatar
Lc4Hunter
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:15
x3tc

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by Lc4Hunter » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 19:03

I played a bit around and tried to find out what the exact sizes and the relations of the X4 ships are.

I think this should be correct:
Image Image

The linies show 1000m parts.
If you import X3 ships you have to scale them down to 0,3% of their size. Then the ships fit into X4s scaling (Paranid carrier is still the same ship).
I also cheched the size of the gate and... well... it would be no problem to bring the goold old "small" Phoenix back into game :D

ZEFFEZ
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 6. Sep 18, 06:15
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by ZEFFEZ » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 21:43

R_Romach_R wrote:
Sat, 15. Dec 18, 11:18
ZEFFEZ wrote:
Sat, 15. Dec 18, 02:40
Hey guys, I have been trying really hard to get this to work and I did not do this like many did but I did this instead, is there anything i am doing wrong?

XRConvertersMain.exe importxml "C:\Users\zzeff\Desktop\GameFile" "C:\Users\zzeff\Desktop\GameFile\assets\units\here\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"
pause

Which produces this

Usage: XRConvertersMain <action> <folder with .dat file contents> <.xml/.xac/.dae file>
<action>:
importxac: convert .xac to .dae
importxmf: convert .xml/.xmf to .dae
exportxac: convert .dae to .xac
exportxmf: convert .dae to .xml/.xmf

but nothing happens, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Try importxmf instead of importxml, I used it. And what is "here" in your path to .xml?
Yes that was my path to xml and I changed the path to this now for simplicity sake
.\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\EXTRA\GameFile" "C:\EXTRA\GameFile\assets\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"
pause

Which produces this
C:\EXTRA\GameFile>.\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\EXTRA\GameFile" "C:\EXTRA\GameFile\assets\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"

I tried using xml instead of xmf as well and I got the same thing as last time, there is a file in my assets that is this "SHIP_ARG_L_DESTROYER_01_DATA" and it is an ANI file, I don't think this is what I am looking for right?, I think it has been there the entire time tho.

And when I use "xml" this is the total of what it produces
C:\EXTRA\GameFile>.\XRConvertersMain.exe importxml "C:\EXTRA\GameFile" "C:\EXTRA\GameFile\assets\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"
Unknown action.

Usage: XRConvertersMain <action> <folder with .dat file contents> <.xml/.xac/.dae file>
<action>:
importxac: convert .xac to .dae
importxmf: convert .xml/.xmf to .dae
exportxac: convert .dae to .xac
exportxmf: convert .dae to .xml/.xmf

C:\EXTRA\GameFile>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

R_Romach_R
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 23. Feb 18, 17:38
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by R_Romach_R » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 00:12

ZEFFEZ wrote:
Sat, 15. Dec 18, 21:43
R_Romach_R wrote:
Sat, 15. Dec 18, 11:18
ZEFFEZ wrote:
Sat, 15. Dec 18, 02:40
Hey guys, I have been trying really hard to get this to work and I did not do this like many did but I did this instead, is there anything i am doing wrong?

XRConvertersMain.exe importxml "C:\Users\zzeff\Desktop\GameFile" "C:\Users\zzeff\Desktop\GameFile\assets\units\here\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"
pause

Which produces this

Usage: XRConvertersMain <action> <folder with .dat file contents> <.xml/.xac/.dae file>
<action>:
importxac: convert .xac to .dae
importxmf: convert .xml/.xmf to .dae
exportxac: convert .dae to .xac
exportxmf: convert .dae to .xml/.xmf

but nothing happens, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Try importxmf instead of importxml, I used it. And what is "here" in your path to .xml?
Yes that was my path to xml and I changed the path to this now for simplicity sake
.\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\EXTRA\GameFile" "C:\EXTRA\GameFile\assets\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"
pause

Which produces this
C:\EXTRA\GameFile>.\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\EXTRA\GameFile" "C:\EXTRA\GameFile\assets\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"

I tried using xml instead of xmf as well and I got the same thing as last time, there is a file in my assets that is this "SHIP_ARG_L_DESTROYER_01_DATA" and it is an ANI file, I don't think this is what I am looking for right?, I think it has been there the entire time tho.

And when I use "xml" this is the total of what it produces
C:\EXTRA\GameFile>.\XRConvertersMain.exe importxml "C:\EXTRA\GameFile" "C:\EXTRA\GameFile\assets\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"
Unknown action.

Usage: XRConvertersMain <action> <folder with .dat file contents> <.xml/.xac/.dae file>
<action>:
importxac: convert .xac to .dae
importxmf: convert .xml/.xmf to .dae
exportxac: convert .dae to .xac
exportxmf: convert .dae to .xml/.xmf

C:\EXTRA\GameFile>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
Well, I can't help you...because it stoped working for me :lol:

For some reason my .bat files can't unpack and convert :evil:

killerog
Posts: 2582
Joined: Fri, 28. Oct 05, 16:31
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by killerog » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 00:13

It's importxmf to convert. The first argument is the directory you extracted the files. Second is to the xml of the ship you want to convert. The xml file contains the namea of each xmf file used by the model.

Typing this on my phone so I can't check but I'm 95% sure what I just wrote is correct :roll:
Image

R_Romach_R
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 23. Feb 18, 17:38
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by R_Romach_R » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 00:28

killerog wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 00:13
It's importxmf to convert. The first argument is the directory you extracted the files. Second is to the xml of the ship you want to convert. The xml file contains the namea of each xmf file used by the model.

Typing this on my phone so I can't check but I'm 95% sure what I just wrote is correct :roll:
Problem is, this isn't working...how I did it first time is a question :gruebel: I didn't change anything, but it stoped working :rant:

ZEFFEZ
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 6. Sep 18, 06:15
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by ZEFFEZ » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 00:51

Yeah I have tried both xmf and xml, gonna continue fiddling with it. Where do I put the converter tool files? does it matter?

User avatar
Lc4Hunter
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:15
x3tc

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by Lc4Hunter » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 07:57

ZEFFEZ wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 00:51
Yeah I have tried both xmf and xml, gonna continue fiddling with it. Where do I put the converter tool files? does it matter?
I have it in a separate folder... so it´s not in the same extracted game files directory...

R_Romach_R
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 23. Feb 18, 17:38
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by R_Romach_R » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:45

ZEFFEZ wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 00:51
Yeah I have tried both xmf and xml, gonna continue fiddling with it. Where do I put the converter tool files? does it matter?
Yep. That's the problem. When I succeeded first time, I wanted to relocate unpacked files from main game directory...I adjusted path for CatTool and for Coneverter and nothing works.

So I returned to my old placement.

So, to unpack I needed (I'm using win 7) to:
1) Place all XRCatTool's files in my main game directory (E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations)
2) Create .bat file there with:
_____
E:
cd "All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations"
XRCatTool.exe -in 01.cat -in 02.cat -in 03.cat -in 04.cat -in 05.cat -in 06.cat -in 07.cat -in 08.cat -in 09.cat -out "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations"
pause

_____
3) All .cat files unpacked in main game directory (I don't like it, but it's working, so whatever...)

To convert files I needed to:
1) Place all XRConvertersMain's files into "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\assets\units\size_l"
2) Create there .bat file with:
_____
XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations" "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\assets\units\size_l\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"
pause

_____
3) .dae file had been created in folder with it's .xml

So, when fondling with .bat files, I understood:
1) XRCatTool needed the same folder for .cat files and their unpacked content, when I tried to add "\unpack" to the end of "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations", .bat file wrote, that "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpack" is neither catalog or folder...and did nothing
2) XRConvertersMain in first path need the way to .cat files, in second path the way to .xml file

R_Romach_R
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 23. Feb 18, 17:38
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by R_Romach_R » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 18:46

So, next question is: how to export from 3dmax my model?

User avatar
Lc4Hunter
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:15
x3tc

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by Lc4Hunter » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 19:08

R_Romach_R wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 18:46
So, next question is: how to export from 3dmax my model?
Thats the question... i can export as an DAE file but converting it to the xmf/xml format doens´t work... maybe the format has changed a bit since rebirth. Maybe the tool needs some more development...

R_Romach_R
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 23. Feb 18, 17:38
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by R_Romach_R » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 19:29

Lc4Hunter wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 19:08
R_Romach_R wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 18:46
So, next question is: how to export from 3dmax my model?
Thats the question... i can export as an DAE file but converting it to the xmf/xml format doens´t work... maybe the format has changed a bit since rebirth. Maybe the tool needs some more development...
I used notepad to pick into exported .dae...it's different from default...so do we need to wait for specialized tool? T_T

ZEFFEZ
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 6. Sep 18, 06:15
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by ZEFFEZ » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 20:42

R_Romach_R wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:45
ZEFFEZ wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 00:51
Yeah I have tried both xmf and xml, gonna continue fiddling with it. Where do I put the converter tool files? does it matter?
Yep. That's the problem. When I succeeded first time, I wanted to relocate unpacked files from main game directory...I adjusted path for CatTool and for Coneverter and nothing works.

So I returned to my old placement.

So, to unpack I needed (I'm using win 7) to:
1) Place all XRCatTool's files in my main game directory (E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations)
2) Create .bat file there with:
_____
E:
cd "All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations"
XRCatTool.exe -in 01.cat -in 02.cat -in 03.cat -in 04.cat -in 05.cat -in 06.cat -in 07.cat -in 08.cat -in 09.cat -out "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations"
pause

_____
3) All .cat files unpacked in main game directory (I don't like it, but it's working, so whatever...)

To convert files I needed to:
1) Place all XRConvertersMain's files into "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\assets\units\size_l"
2) Create there .bat file with:
_____
XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations" "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\assets\units\size_l\ship_arg_l_destroyer_01.xml"
pause

_____
3) .dae file had been created in folder with it's .xml

So, when fondling with .bat files, I understood:
1) XRCatTool needed the same folder for .cat files and their unpacked content, when I tried to add "\unpack" to the end of "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations", .bat file wrote, that "E:\All\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpack" is neither catalog or folder...and did nothing
2) XRConvertersMain in first path need the way to .cat files, in second path the way to .xml file
ahhhh many thanks! It works!!!

User avatar
DogyAUT
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat, 19. Jan 13, 20:29
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by DogyAUT » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 21:10

X4 destroyers are basically small X3 frigates in size.

Even the Xenon I seems like a joke next to the lovely Phoenix.

Now imagine a mighty ATF Walhalla next to those xD.

User avatar
Lc4Hunter
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:15
x3tc

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by Lc4Hunter » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 22:12

DogyAUT wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 21:10
X4 destroyers are basically small X3 frigates in size.

Even the Xenon I seems like a joke next to the lovely Phoenix.

Now imagine a mighty ATF Walhalla next to those xD.
Image
Nah... i don´t think that someone will notice the little size difference betwenn Wallhalla and ... everything else :D

But an Orion class destroyer would also fit very well...
Image

repatomonor
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed, 12. Sep 07, 19:01
x4

Re: How To: Export Models, Re-Import. (Blender)

Post by repatomonor » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 22:37

But the X3 Phoenix was just an unimaginitive pile of metal welded together. The XBtF-X2 Phoenix was something special though.

I can totally see X3 Teladi ship designs used for a pirate faction though, maybe it would fit HAT. Bunch of confederates with low level economy and technology.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”