[Mod] Management Accounts for Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kspn
x4

[Mod] Management Accounts for Ships

Post by kspn » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 09:13

I love the management account window for the Station, what would be awesome would be something similar for the Ships, maybe showing profit over time.

What would be Totally awesome (but I don't think would be possible) would be to assign a certain amount of cash to each ship (like the station) and then any trading etc that they do is done via that account. Then on occasion you just go in a Skim the cream off the top. This would also let you know when a ship is trading poorly (which you cannot do at the moment)

nonnex
x4

Re: [Mod] Management Accounts for Ships

Post by nonnex » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 09:26

Searched for such infos after getting my Fleets around the XUniverse too. Its hard to follow single Ship Event Histories atm.

Well, in the best case some basic single Ship log info is stored somewere already and can be used for such an overview right away (just using a modified copy of the station managment files).

If not, then such a mod has to log the trading transactions data for ships in a seperate xml file by itself. The stored data then can be used to feed such a "management account window" for Ships.

Personally I would log all Events for a ship to have a complete databasis for more then just a Trading overview. For example also a "Combat log" Tab and what ever.

A Switch could be implemented into the Ship "Information" or "Behavior" Tab to activate/deactivate single Ship logging, depending on the game performance inpact it has also to be considered "default on" or "default off".

Hm, good idea and should be possible to make.
Maybe someone will get his hands on.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”