[QUESTION] Moving Player HQ

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

EmperorDragon
x4

[QUESTION] Moving Player HQ

Post by EmperorDragon » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 15:26

Well, I don't have the game yet, have to wait till the 19th but, I did notice that the player HQ is in a fixed predefined location (the player HQ of all stations!). And naturally, it's located right in the middle of Teladi space by the look of things, the very last place I would put my HQ. This warrants a pre-play mod to be put together.

Modding the game before even starting playing it would surely kill the sense of exploration since you will have to go through the game map to find the preferred build location to move the HQ to so, is it possible to modify a save game to move the HQ to a different location? In this way, I would still be able to explore and open up the map in normal gameplay and then move the HQ to my preferred build location via save game editing. Is save game editing still a thing? I believe it was possible to move stations and objects around via save game editing in X3 and Rebirth if I remember correctly.

If this is not possible via save game editing, is modifying the universe still as straightforward as it was in X3 and Rebirth so that I don't spend my first 10 hours modding the game instead of playing it? Moving stuff around in X3 (or adding new sectors) was a 15-30 minute job, for example. I really don't like the predefined location of the HQ and it will have to be changed/modded in some way. Predefined player station locations in an X game is a cardinal sin to begin with!
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Azalrion
x4

Re: [QUESTION] Moving Player HQ

Post by Azalrion » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 15:52

Its possible yeah, however there will be some severe limitations. Currently a quote from one of the devs:
I've been informed that Lua modding is currently not in a state where it "just works" - if you post things like this in the scripts & modding forum the right person should see it, though
Means it will be a hard coding via the mod

In md/X4Ep1_Mentor_Subscription.xml

Code: Select all

<get_zone_at_position name="$HQZone" value="$HQPosition" sector="$HQSector"/>
Defines where the player hq spawns, it should be possible to modify that file and update from where it does to somewhere else, but not currently in a dynamic way.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”