[MOD] Player Owned Ship Production

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blackscorp_81
x4

Re: [MOD] Player Owned Ship Production

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 11:06

I have started a new game to test some more. but now with the new game, there is nothing working anymore... Old save-game from post before, i could at least build found blueprint. but now the Buildtab is not even opening up (stays greyed out)

x3fan5322
x4

Post by x3fan5322 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 12:19

I haven't been able to find any data leaks and I've checked every shipyard wharf and equipment dock thrice, is there a trick to finding them? Alternatively is there a way to increase their spawn rate or make the bps purchasable?

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 13:38

x3fan5322 wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 12:19
I haven't been able to find any data leaks and I've checked every shipyard wharf and equipment dock thrice, is there a trick to finding them? Alternatively is there a way to increase their spawn rate or make the bps purchasable?
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/51 - Find leaks easier

Use spacesuit EMP bombs on the modules - causes data leaks. Haven't done it myself, don't know what kind of rep hit you may or may not take. Read somewhere that one or two is fine, but repeated blasts cause issues
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

sebast076
x4

Post by sebast076 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 14:57

Hi! Do you mind explaining how you compiled your lua file ?
Seems my change won't be taken into account without compiling it

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:00

argon_emperor wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 13:38
x3fan5322 wrote:

Use spacesuit EMP bombs on the modules - causes data leaks. Haven't done it myself, don't know what kind of rep hit you may or may not take. Read somewhere that one or two is fine, but repeated blasts cause issues
I am using this mod... and it doesn't help at all. I've found over 50 audio-leaks/missions and some other stuff but not a single blueprint in one run for ALL Shipyards and Equipmentdocks. And those EMP-Bombs... no clue how they are supposed to work. i bougt them... but i can't find a way to use them.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:06

Blackscorp_81 wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:00
argon_emperor wrote:
x3fan5322 wrote:

I am using this mod... and it doesn't help at all. I've found over 50 audio-leaks/missions and some other stuff but not a single blueprint in one run for ALL Shipyards and Equipmentdocks. And those EMP-Bombs... no clue how they are supposed to work. i bougt them... but i can't find a way to use them.
It's all luck based really. I just got an Argon XL fabrication bay blueprint, so they definitely do happen. Probably doesn't help that only up to about 8 total leaks/comms spawn on a given station, and shipyards and wharfs have the most number of individual modules. Just patience and keep trying again really until you get it is all I can offer.

In regards to the EMP bombs, they're used from your spacesuit, just go for a spacewalk, and select the EMP bomb as your active weapon while in the suit. From there I'm not sure, pretty sure you have to be close, and I don't know if it's spacebar like normal or R like a missile in the ships to use.
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:37

Just FYI, in 1.5 or 2.0 the player will be able to build ship construction modules, so in no more than 2 months apparently (probably even less).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hRC4pBl7qM

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:50

So... i got that EMP-Launcher working... somehow... but while figuring out how to explode those EMP-Bombs i hit every key on my keyboard and accidentally launched 3 more. The result was a very pissed station and 1-2 Data-Leaks

Picture:
Spoiler
Show
After scanning 5 of these i got my blueprint now.

But i still can't build it, because Build-Tab is still greyed-out.

alistair3149
x4

Post by alistair3149 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 16:00

I included all the blueprints including the ship productions in the Master Builder start in the CAS mod.

Alternatively if you want to add it yourself:

Code: Select all

<!-- Player shipyard -->
<ware ware="module_gen_build_xl_01"/>
<ware ware="module_gen_build_l_01"/>
<ware ware="module_gen_build_m_01"/>
<ware ware="module_gen_build_s_01"/>
<ware ware="module_gen_equip_dockarea_m_01"/>
<ware ware="module_gen_equip_l_01"/>
<ware ware="module_gen_equip_xl_01"/>
<ware ware="module_xen_build_m_01"/>
<ware ware="module_xen_build_s_01"/>
<ware ware="module_xen_build_xl_01"/>
<ware ware="module_xen_def_base_01"/>
<ware ware="module_xen_dock_m_01"/>
<ware ware="module_xen_prod_energycells_01"/>
<ware ware="module_xen_stor_01"/>
<ware ware="module_gen_build_dockarea_m_01"/>
<ware ware="module_arg_dock_tradestation_02"/>
<ware ware="module_arg_pier_tradestation_01"/>
<ware ware="module_arg_stor_tradestation_l_01"/>

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 16:26

Dr.Zou wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 05:49
Will npc also commission ships at the player yard? Sorry for bad English :D
They do but I don't think they pay you for it, that's something I want to look at.

As for the rest of the people having problems: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403662&start=45#p4787637

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 16:39

Mod is installed in ROOT, and files are called ext... because i downloaded 1.11 and since i'm not the only one having these problems, I'm sure, that it's not all about players being to stupid to install mods the right way.
There seems to something odd about the way how the "Build-Tab" in "Station-Building-Menu" is activated so u can click it.

x3fan5322
x4

Post by x3fan5322 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 16:45

argon_emperor wrote:
x3fan5322 wrote:

Tyvm for the suggestion Ill try it out'

Blackscorp_81
x4

Post by Blackscorp_81 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 16:59

holy cow... i'm even more stupid than i thought...
players will be able to build those modules at any of their stations EXCEPT for the HQ
I've read this part 2 times... and forgot about it... and now i'm sitting here for hours... trying everything to figure out what i'm doing wrong... complaining about it here in this thread... starting new game, making HQ-plot and all research again, just to be sure, there is no corrupted savegame... only to figure, that i'm just stupid as hell... trying to build these station-parts @ HQ every single time...
:lol:

But for some reason i still can't buy these blueprints... just to be safe... Is it even possible to buy them?

x3fan5322
x4

Post by x3fan5322 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 17:12

x3fan5322 wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 16:45
argon_emperor wrote:
x3fan5322 wrote:

Tyvm for the suggestion Ill try it out'
It worked for me thanks a bunch!

Lymark
x4

Post by Lymark » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 17:18

How likely will this mod break my save when the official version of this comes out?

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 17:28

It shouldn't break your save as long as they keep the current buildsets and macros.

Zirial
x4

Post by Zirial » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 23:40

Heya,

first of all thanks for making this wonderful mod. I have just one question, is it correct, that I can only acquire the blueprints for stations via scanning them? Because I see them listed with ther blueprint trader, but they are greyed out requiring a license?

Thanks,
Zirial

Depleted
x4

Post by Depleted » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 03:30

No update and no mention of a fix, guess we just have to wait for the devs to implement the feature themselves since this mod is dead.

SilverXarrow
x4

Post by SilverXarrow » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 03:38

Depleted wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 03:30
No update and no mention of a fix, guess we just have to wait for the devs to implement the feature themselves since this mod is dead.
Modders do not do this full time, or at the whim of the community. Modders dont get paid for their efforts either, have patience. I doubt the mod is dead since its been out less than 48 hours. :?
Trying to fix X Rebirth....one trader at a time

Dr.Zou
x4

Post by Dr.Zou » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 06:12

For me, the mod works, I already found a blueprint for a L ship factory.
SteelVipers

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”