[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.4

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Min
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 4.0

Post by Min » Wed, 20. May 20, 16:13

I play it with Split Vandetta however I only edit the xenon settings. BlackRain I am wondering if you said disabling the mod not delete the ships therefore what happens if I disabled it and played vanilla for a while and re enabled it later on in my playthrough will it still work? Will new ships spawn?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 21. May 20, 22:00

Min wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 16:13
I play it with Split Vandetta however I only edit the xenon settings. BlackRain I am wondering if you said disabling the mod not delete the ships therefore what happens if I disabled it and played vanilla for a while and re enabled it later on in my playthrough will it still work? Will new ships spawn?
Well what happens is, if you activate the ships, they will remain in the game until destroyed. If you activate them and they get built, then deactivate them, no more of them will be built but the ones already built remain until destroyed. Reactivating it later will once more add those ships to the game. So, you can activate and deactivate as much as you like. Just remember, be careful because the ships remain until destroyed.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Fri, 22. May 20, 11:21

I always hate to ask, but it's currently blocking me - and I think I'll have to start a new game for the third time anyway, cause at first due to VRO Xenons were getting obliterated, and now cause of FOCW split were getting obliterated. So any approximate ETA on Split support?

X Language Changer - quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 22. May 20, 20:27

TehGM wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 11:21
I always hate to ask, but it's currently blocking me - and I think I'll have to start a new game for the third time anyway, cause at first due to VRO Xenons were getting obliterated, and now cause of FOCW split were getting obliterated. So any approximate ETA on Split support?
Not sure honestly. I can try to take a look over the weekend but even if i do add support for them, it doesn’t mean they still wont get clobbered lol. I haven’t played the split yet so i dont know how strong or weak they are. I guess i could at least add defense fleets

dyingcrow
x4

Post by dyingcrow » Sat, 30. May 20, 04:16

I hope this really helps with the cluster that game balance still is mid to late game regarding Xenon NOT being consistently aggressive and building enough. I've been cheating so hard trying to keep them active... It's just not possible.
Even consistently devoting my time to destroy every single non red station in Xenon sectors is not enough to stop the faction cockroaches:/ Honestly, the game should have difficulty levels simply based on how aggressive the Xenon are. If HOP can do it, why can't the Xenon?
PLEASE keep this mod updated and alive. It's the only thing we have for a real vanilla-ish challenge. At least until the Overlords listen to out pleas to have some sort of difficulty setting besides total carebear.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 30. May 20, 06:54

Well the mod works just fine except for split. I just need to add split ships and such at some point. You can definitely beef up the Xenon though.

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sun, 31. May 20, 17:11

i'm make L081 language.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17B-kvc ... sp=sharing
use freely.
Steam Greenlight: Greenlight Spaaace! Bundle (Greenlight Archives)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93012592

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 4.1

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:19

Now updated with a new version for Split. Make sure to follow directions below, you need to configure the split in the mod so that you can get the ships you want.

Version 4.1 FOCW
1) Now fully compatible with Split DLC adding in Split ships and fleets.
Make sure to go into the FOCW folder in extensions. Then, there is an extensions folder in the FOCW folder as well. Open the extensions folder within the FOCW folder, then open ego_dlc_split folder, then MD folder, then open focw_configdlc1.xml file to configure the mod for split. This will allow you to choose how many ships and such you want in your game.

Please let me know if there are any issues. Also, if there are any requests, suggestions, etc.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 05:05

Arkblade wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 17:11
i'm make L081 language.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17B-kvc ... sp=sharing
use freely.
Thanks for this, I forgot to include it this time but will next time.

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 21:16

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:19
Now updated with a new version for Split. Make sure to follow directions below, you need to configure the split in the mod so that you can get the ships you want.

Version 4.1 FOCW
1) Now fully compatible with Split DLC adding in Split ships and fleets.
Make sure to go into the FOCW folder in extensions. Then, there is an extensions folder in the FOCW folder as well. Open the extensions folder within the FOCW folder, then open ego_dlc_split folder, then MD folder, then open focw_configdlc1.xml file to configure the mod for split. This will allow you to choose how many ships and such you want in your game.

Please let me know if there are any issues. Also, if there are any requests, suggestions, etc.
The defaults are already set in this new version(what is turned on /off etc). You may want to set them all to 0 as people are...stupid... enough not to read the desc

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 22:58

Yeah, I just realized that the mod might not be working as intended and I need to fix something, which I am trying to do but having trouble with. Will post when all fixed.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 02:26

Version 4.2 FOCW
Please pay attention to the following instructions!
I didn't realize, but the way I was doing things wasn't actually working well, if at all. So, the mod wasn't actually fully working previously. I have now fixed this and it works as it should. What this means is, you need to be careful how you configure the mod because I do not know how it will affect the performance of your game. Adding a lot of ships may affect performance (of course if those ships get destroyed then performance will improve I suppose). Do not judge based on previous versions of the mod because they weren't working properly and aren't a good way to gauge how well it will work with the working version! Try using lower settings at first and only activate the things you really want unless you are confident or just want to try it out. I also don't know how it will affect the game in the long term (in terms of war balance, etc.)

1) NEW WAY OF CONFIGURING THE MOD SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. In the MD folder of the mod, open up the focwsetup.xml file. The configuration options are now there, just follow instructions in there (it is the same as before but different file now). Do not edit anything else in the file unless you know what you are doing.
2) Fixed ships not actually activating in the mod.

Download link is in the OP

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 4.2

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 03:42

If you already downloaded Version 4.2, please redownload. There is a small couple fixes I made and I didn't want to make a whole new version. Just redownload and overwrite old files. Maybe even delete the whole folder to remove some files I might have taken out

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:11

By the way, I have found performance to be very good for me. This is my hardware i7-7820x 3.6ghz, 64GB of Ram, m2 drive, RTX 2070 Super. Currently I am also using my corporations mod with all features on (Corporations mod adds ships obviously) and for this mod I have my settings as medium Xenon fighters, light xenon capitals, All factions heavy fighters, all factions heavy capitals, I haven't activated split yet but will try activating split on all heavy, I also added all additional carriers except the xenon attack carriers. So, there are a lot of additional ships in the game and so far performance still seems perfect. I haven't noticed any slow downs yet anyway.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:21

Version 4.3 FOCW

1) Messed up some of the Split settings but now all fixed. Just drop this in and now the split ships will work correctly that you configure.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”