[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 3.3Alpha

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 19:44

you cant really force us to use vro, bc not everyone likes it :)

I don't, no boost and he made M turrets invincible etc..

If blackrain goes the other way and not change this things and be as vannila as possible just changing stats I would say go for it
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 21:16

I don't know what VRO has done, but I was looking more for a similar experience to vanilla but with changes and additional weapon types. Well, I think just duplicating some of the weapons and changing their stats would add a lot of variety. Also limiting what ships can use what weapons, etc. So for example, we could have something like a beam weapon but it is more like a quick beam blast that does a ton of initial damage, but slow to fire and lasts only an instant. But the power behind that one shot will be immense or something. This is just an example.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 21:25

I say please and thank you, and when is the new version of FOCW?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 21:31

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 7. Jul 19, 21:25
I'm fooling around with stuff. Until I have a clear picture of what I want to achieve, it will have to wait.

As of right now, going to try to balance out the ships added to the game a bit. So I plan to have slightly more ships for all factions from vanilla. I am going to change up xenon a bit. So what I think I will do is have a lot of Xenon defense ships. So Xenon sectors that they have at the start of the game will have tons of ships in them but these ships won't ever be used to invade or anything like that. They will forever remain in the initial Xenon sectors to provide a challenge. I will add just slightly more ships than normal vanilla for them as well so they have a bit more to invade with, but not crazy.

Thinking of giving SCA a shipyard somewhere so they can be a real faction. Teladi will trade with them or I could make it so they build ships with just basic resources (kind of like the Xenon but they will also need more minerals, etc.) Should give HAT a shipyard too for their one sector. I am thinking maybe SCA will use teladi ships?

Anyone can offer suggestions for things they would like to see. Goal is to add more immersion, conflict, etc.

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 04:40

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 7. Jul 19, 21:31
Buzz2005 wrote:
I'm fooling around with stuff. Until I have a clear picture of what I want to achieve, it will have to wait.

As of right now, going to try to balance out the ships added to the game a bit. So I plan to have slightly more ships for all factions from vanilla. I am going to change up xenon a bit. So what I think I will do is have a lot of Xenon defense ships. So Xenon sectors that they have at the start of the game will have tons of ships in them but these ships won't ever be used to invade or anything like that. They will forever remain in the initial Xenon sectors to provide a challenge. I will add just slightly more ships than normal vanilla for them as well so they have a bit more to invade with, but not crazy.

Thinking of giving SCA a shipyard somewhere so they can be a real faction. Teladi will trade with them or I could make it so they build ships with just basic resources (kind of like the Xenon but they will also need more minerals, etc.) Should give HAT a shipyard too for their one sector. I am thinking maybe SCA will use teladi ships?

Anyone can offer suggestions for things they would like to see. Goal is to add more immersion, conflict, etc.
I would definitely give the pirate faction atleast their own wharf. Dont think pirates should try to take other sectors but more so raid around and be a general threat to shipping and trade. Putting them neutral to teladi might be a good idea and would fit with the lore of past games. While this might be outside the scope of your mod, There was a mod in x3 called pirate guild where pirates build new forward bases to raid from. I'd love to see a similar functionality return to x4 somehow.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 11:57

I think there was a mod phenon korp from x3 which only attacked the player any chance ??

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 19:56

rosssack wrote:
Mon, 8. Jul 19, 11:57
I think there was a mod phenon korp from x3 which only attacked the player any chance ??
It is certainly possible, but not something I plan to do at this time.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 19:57

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
Mon, 8. Jul 19, 04:40
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 7. Jul 19, 21:31
Buzz2005 wrote:

I would definitely give the pirate faction atleast their own wharf. Dont think pirates should try to take other sectors but more so raid around and be a general threat to shipping and trade. Putting them neutral to teladi might be a good idea and would fit with the lore of past games. While this might be outside the scope of your mod, There was a mod in x3 called pirate guild where pirates build new forward bases to raid from. I'd love to see a similar functionality return to x4 somehow.
I can consider it but not sure I want to do something like this. Adding a wharf is easy enough, but having them build forward bases and such would require coding the faction logic. It just takes a lot of time.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 20:39

I think very heavily fortified xenon core sectors is an excellent idea, look forward to seeing the next update as and when.

Should certainly keep up a bit of shipyard business if the other factions still try to invade the xenon from time to time.

PleXD

Post by PleXD » Sun, 20. Oct 19, 03:23

When I apply FOCW V3.3 The jump gate between Hatikvah's choice 1 and Tharka's Cascade XV stops working.

I have no other mods activated and when I disable V3.3 it starts working again.

I was wondering why it was really quiet in that area.
Tharka's Cascade XV now has a massive fleet so when they can get through it will be interesting...

PleXD

Post by PleXD » Sun, 20. Oct 19, 10:11

Sorry please ignore my last post. I notice the gate has been moved to Morning star.
Love the Mod!

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Sun, 20. Oct 19, 13:29

will the mod get updated for 2.6?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 2. Nov 19, 02:17

It should work fine for 2.6. I will need to eventually work on balancing things once I am ready to actually play myself. I just haven't had the desire to play since I am waiting for 3.0 plus split

flightschooldropout
x4

Post by flightschooldropout » Mon, 25. Nov 19, 04:12

I was wondering what your plans are for this mod? I'm still waiting for a mod pack or full conversion. Something along the lines of XRM. I know people are still just starting to import ships and writing simple quality of life mods...... but I miss my large, hostile universe that I could play freelancer in. Glad to see your development into X4. I'll be watching and testing. That's a million buckzoids

Min
x4

Post by Min » Wed, 27. Nov 19, 13:37

Hello

It's been a while since I've checked up on this mod. Just wondering is it compatible with 3.0 beta that was released recently? Also, does this mod need a full new game restart also?

Min
x4

Post by Min » Wed, 27. Nov 19, 13:51

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 18. May 19, 01:10
CptAWatts wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 20:20
Does the current version work with the 2.5 Betas?
Yes. It should always work with any new version.

I am considering lowering significantly the number of normal faction ships and increasing number of xenon ships. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I think you should increase the number of Xenon instead of the individual strength of ships if that is possible. If Xenon can overwhelm Argon with more fighters then it will be perfect. There is always a lack of fighters whenever I see Xenon. Also they fight everyone so they always seem to get hit the worst. Xenon should be able to hold their own against all the other races combined?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 27. Nov 19, 20:40

It is difficult to decide on a focus for the mod exactly because of all the constant changes. The game has changed drastically, especially with 3.0. I guess for now, I will just play around with the numbers of ships and increase the maximum limits and such of ships which are built normally for now. Xenon will get many more fighters and an increase in ships that focus only on defense. I have only looked a little into all of the new faction code and I am not sure if I have the time to really delve into it.

If I did though, I would want to look into doing the following:

1) New factions which develop (like trade companies or pirate factions) and compete with the player.

2) look into more ship variants (same ships but different variants which have more or less turrets, different speeds, shields, hulls, etc.)

3) Rebalance of ships in general for specific roles. Limit the types of turrets that certain ships can use or add in new turret variants for different ships (like more powerful M turrets or more long distance firing turrets for L and XL size military ships)

These are the things I would look into anyway, but not sure if I will do it or I will change my mind or have the time.

Angsaar
x4

Post by Angsaar » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 00:13

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 27. Nov 19, 20:40
1) New factions which develop (like trade companies or pirate factions) and compete with the player.

2) look into more ship variants (same ships but different variants which have more or less turrets, different speeds, shields, hulls, etc.)

3) Rebalance of ships in general for specific roles. Limit the types of turrets that certain ships can use or add in new turret variants for different ships (like more powerful M turrets or more long distance firing turrets for L and XL size military ships)

These are the things I would look into anyway, but not sure if I will do it or I will change my mind or have the time.
New mini factions to compete against would be such a fresh experience, I think it would be a much needed, must-have mod!
Especially if you found a way to impact relations when the player steps on their turf with competing business.
We'd have to weight the benefit of expanding into a new area with the cost of pushing another faction out.

I think touching ship balance right now is a tricky investment of time, so much might be changed by the next patch.

Min
x4

Post by Min » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 10:20

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 27. Nov 19, 20:40
It is difficult to decide on a focus for the mod exactly because of all the constant changes. The game has changed drastically, especially with 3.0. I guess for now, I will just play around with the numbers of ships and increase the maximum limits and such of ships which are built normally for now. Xenon will get many more fighters and an increase in ships that focus only on defense. I have only looked a little into all of the new faction code and I am not sure if I have the time to really delve into it.

If I did though, I would want to look into doing the following:

Looking forward to whatever you come up with. Thank continuing to work on it

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 18:19

Was just thinking of the following, when I have time maybe I will look into it.

My idea to start is to turn scale plate pact into a real faction (pirate)

1) Give them a shipyard to produce both large and small/medium ships. Put these in a sector that has no owner.
2) All their ships will be built like other factions
3) I plan to remove the existing ships they use, like behemoths.
4) They will use repurposed freighters. I was thinking of changing some of the argon freighters, only the longer ones like the sonra. Remove some of their cargo capacity, give them additional hull and maybe additional shielding. Increase number of turrets and maybe give them an L size turret.
5) Scale plate will use these repurposed freighters for their L ships, and use teladi s and m size ships maybe.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”