[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.7

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 16:49

Oh, I didn’t add Duke’s buccaneers, or scaleplate. I can add Duke’s in the future

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 18:59

Yes indeed new fleets aplenty.

Could bad diplomacy settings cause the issue? Last start I had changed the settings and this start I did not.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 19:05

GageDragon wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 18:59
Yes indeed new fleets aplenty.

Could bad diplomacy settings cause the issue? Last start I had changed the settings and this start I did not.
I don't think that would have anything to do with it?

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 23:45

I don't think it would as well however that was the only thing I changed from your already config setup file. I will just blame it on 2020 lol.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 06:57

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 16:49
Oh, I didn’t add Duke’s buccaneers, or scaleplate. I can add Duke’s in the future
Why hold back a great MOD, when you can add all the factions to the options, Everybody but Xenon and Khak.

Am already trying to use this Diplomacy settings, but in my Early game the factions closest to Xenon am trying to set are not in the script or some confusion about name of new factions.

I can wait for many versions of this mod down the line when you decide to add all factions, with their names set in options as they appear in the game, so that no confusion as to which faction is being edited.

A tip for those new to using this MOD, might be best to turn it off soon as your settings are applied to the game. Will save you a little bit of CPU/FPS, and also allow you to use mods based on dynamic faction relations.

A Great MODer please add all factions, even if i have to paypal you, i WAnt full control, so that i can trade and let all the AI sort each other out.

Sixters
x4

Post by Sixters » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 14:09

GageDragon wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 04:56
Should there be a welcome/activated message? Started new game and got nothing and am not seeing the named fleets. I am in the beta though.
Is the message supposed to pop EVERY time you load the game or only the first one after installing the mod ?
I'm pretty sure to had it once, but i cant find it anymore in my log book, and i dont have it at each load.

Still unsure about the state of the game/mod for me. Factions seems to slowly build ships, like Argon, Pontifex and Paranid are back to 250-300 total forces. Even Antigone is up to 160 right now. I think the main problem is the economy, every shipyard and warf seems to be running out pretty fast of many pieces like Hull part or Shield components. I've gathered up my ressources to build few stations to product thoses wares and will see if that helps.
Teladi seems doomed tho, sticking to a pathetic 68, but i think it's normal for them to struggle considering Xenon already destroyed the two Trading Stadion that Teladi had. Teladi are at war with Argon, Antigone, Holy Order and Xenon so they will die pretty fast i'm afraid.

Can somemone point me out if it's normal behavior that Duke's Buccaneers,, Realm of Trinity and Court of Curbs are at 0 ? Probably plot-involved factions as i didnt run trough any plot at the moment.
Also i dont see Ministry of Finances in this Military Strenght extension's option screen , is that normal ?

ps: As you can see, Xenon's are going WAY higher than any others, even with all settings at 0. Might be normal or tied to another mod, im new into X4 and X series in general.

Another quick question : How can i see IA's name of fleet so i can check wether it produce ROCW's fleet or not ? I can see names of particular vessel but didnt find a way to see Fleet's name

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 14:26

Sixters wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 14:09
GageDragon wrote:
Should there be a welcome/activated message? Started new game and got nothing and am not seeing the named fleets. I am in the beta though.
Is the message supposed to pop EVERY time you load the game or only the first one after installing the mod ?
I'm pretty sure to had it once, but i cant find it anymore in my log book, and i dont have it at each load.

Still unsure about the state of the game/mod for me. Factions seems to slowly build ships, like Argon, Pontifex and Paranid are back to 250-300 total forces. Even Antigone is up to 160 right now. I think the main problem is the economy, every shipyard and warf seems to be running out pretty fast of many pieces like Hull part or Shield components. I've gathered up my ressources to build few stations to product thoses wares and will see if that helps.
Teladi seems doomed tho, sticking to a pathetic 68, but i think it's normal for them to struggle considering Xenon already destroyed the two Trading Stadion that Teladi had. Teladi are at war with Argon, Antigone, Holy Order and Xenon so they will die pretty fast i'm afraid.

Can somemone point me out if it's normal behavior that Duke's Buccaneers,, Realm of Trinity and Court of Curbs are at 0 ? Probably plot-involved factions as i didnt run trough any plot at the moment.
Also i dont see Ministry of Finances in this Military Strenght extension's option screen , is that normal ?

ps: As you can see, Xenon's are going WAY higher than any others, even with all settings at 0. Might be normal or tied to another mod, im new into X4 and X series in general.

Another quick question : How can i see IA's name of fleet so i can check wether it produce ROCW's fleet or not ? I can see names of particular vessel but didnt find a way to see Fleet's name
Could you pls tell me the mod you used to get Military Strenght

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 15:29

Sixters wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 14:09
GageDragon wrote:

The message should pop up every time you load up the game. The Xenon are just way stronger than other factions. They have 3 shipyards and wharfs and it is easier for them to produce ships because they only need ores and energy. So it is natural that they would be able to build so much more than others. How fast the other factions builds ships entirely depends on their economy. If the economy is strong, they will consistently build fleets and squadrons and you will see a lot of activity. If you get involved and help the factions get more supplies, it will smooth things along. Teladi are not normally at war with Argon or Antigone, so don't know why that happened in your game unless you set it that way.

You will see the names of ships built by my mod in the list of ships. Look for names like Privateer fleet or Inquisition fleet, etc. They are not the normal names from vanilla. I don't know anything about the military screen you are showing so I can't comment on it. As for Trinity or Court of Curbs, they are part of the main mission in the game and do not appear unless you complete the mission. Not sure about Duke's Buccaneers honestly, haven't seen them yet myself. Not sure how to get them active?

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 07:24

As for Trinity or Court of Curbs, they are part of the main mission in the game and do not appear unless you complete the mission. Not sure about Duke's Buccaneers honestly, haven't seen them yet myself. Not sure how to get them active?
For what its worth, i use Argon HQ MOD, and DeadAirGate with X4 always, hardly ever pplayed the story line.
And in this setup, all the factions showup by defualt.

Sixters
x4

Post by Sixters » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 12:30

The message should pop up every time you load up the game.
Okay so it seems there is a problem with my game, because i dont see this message anymore.
The Xenon are just way stronger than other factions. They have 3 shipyards and wharfs and it is easier for them to produce ships because they only need ores and energy. So it is natural that they would be able to build so much more than others. How fast the other factions builds ships entirely depends on their economy. If the economy is strong, they will consistently build fleets and squadrons and you will see a lot of activity. If you get involved and help the factions get more supplies, it will smooth things along.
So it's probably as intented. I notice Shypiards and Warf take a very, very long time to build because everything is waiting for ressources. Seems like whole galaxy is in shortage of missile & turrets components. Gonna build some stations for this and see if that speed up. Will also buy some L freighters on distribute wares only on ships part to see if that helps.
Teladi are not normally at war with Argon or Antigone, so don't know why that happened in your game unless you set it that way.
I didnt used diplomacy settings at all, because as show in my modlist i use DeadAir Dynamic Wars & Reactive Factions. I love my universe to feel ALIVE. But seems RNG hate teladi :D

You will see the names of ships built by my mod in the list of ships. Look for names like Privateer fleet or Inquisition fleet, etc. They are not the normal names from vanilla. I don't know anything about the military screen you are showing so I can't comment on it. As for Trinity or Court of Curbs, they are part of the main mission in the game and do not appear unless you complete the mission. Not sure about Duke's Buccaneers honestly, haven't seen them yet myself. Not sure how to get them active?
The military screen i'm showing is probably part of DeadAir's mod or Reactive Factions. It does show the current ship count for every factions. Thanks for the confirmation about inactive factions, didnt ran main mission yet.
For the names, i just saw a "HOP Reformation Frigate Nemesis Sentinel" . Is that a ship name from your game ? Sorry for all the questionning, it's only my 2nd playtrough and the first one was really, really quick.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 14:42

Yes, an HOP Reformation fleet is from FOCW.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 16:22

The military screen i'm showing is probably part of DeadAir's mod or Reactive Factions. It does show the current ship count for every factions. Thanks for the confirmation about inactive factions, didnt ran main mission yet.
For the names, i just saw a "HOP Reformation Frigate Nemesis Sentinel" . Is that a ship name from your game ? Sorry for all the questionning, it's only my 2nd playtrough and the first one was really, really quick
In that case the Military screen is more likely from Reactive Factions, cause i use DeadAirGate, and have no such screen in my extentsion options.

Thanks for letting know.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 06:33

Likely was asked before so apologies.

How does this mod work? The description says that no ships are spawned and they are built in a honest way. What is different then? Does this mod give factions a discount for building specific ships? Does it build them for free? Does it simply give more weights to the desision of building ships, and they source resourses for them as usual?

Sixters
x4

Post by Sixters » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 11:30

AtilaElari wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 06:33
Likely was asked before so apologies.

How does this mod work? The description says that no ships are spawned and they are built in a honest way. What is different then? Does this mod give factions a discount for building specific ships? Does it build them for free? Does it simply give more weights to the desision of building ships, and they source resourses for them as usual?
I'll let the boss confirm but as far as i understood, every faction has a limited number of available fleets, and each of thoses fleet as a decided composition. What this mod does is 1 - Increase the number of available fleets, and 2 - upgrade fleet's said compositions.
For the "built in honest way", it does mean thoses new fleets are not spawned directly in the game. They dont appears from nowhere/void and are not present at the start of the game. Instead, they are slowly built the way "normal" fleets are by the game, so that means when warf/shipyards have enough ressources. Yes it does coest same amount as regulars ships.
I have no idea how the IA make the decision. It's probably "As long as you dont have X fleets with X ships, as soon as you have ressources, build until you reach X fleets with X ships"

All of this is purely logical deductions cuz i'm not a modding guy at all, some i might be completely wrong.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 14:17

The vanilla game has a set amount of ships it will build and as time goes on, the amount of ships seems to decrease. Even though they will build new ships, it isn’t the same as like when you start a new game so maybe you noticed after playing for a long time that there weren’t as many military ships in the universe. This mod gives each faction additional quotas for ships and it makes sure that they keep ordering more as long as they have the resources to build them. So, instead of seeing less ships as the game progresses, you see plenty of ships still patrolling, etc. well that is the idea anyway. This should mean more fighting and such.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 16:56

I see, thank you.
I just witnessed a marvelous massive battle at Second Contact between Antigoni and HoP. It was surely spectacular.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 21:31

Hey BlackRain would be nice for you to see how your MOD works with DeadAirGate. If you never tried it.
Cause unlike the Vanilla game all the factions have thier own sectors from the start in DeadAirGate.
It makes diplomacy options far more useful in such a setting.

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 19:50

Can we get more xenons?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 20:09

kyrah wrote:
Thu, 30. Jul 20, 19:50
Can we get more xenons?
Did you already max out xenon options? There are a number of them. I thought I had added a good amount but i could add even more

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 21:47

Yeah i maxed all out and started a new game some days ago. I run seta most of the time and watch how the factions handle the xenons alone without my help.

There was a time the xenons took some sectors but nothing in the last ingame days. It seems the factions get strong enough to counter the xenons.

Other thing i encounter is the xenons take a sector but dont destroy all stations there even days later the old faction stations are still there in xenon sectors. I guess this is a vanilla issue?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”