[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.0

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 13. Sep 22, 02:41

a448738483 wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 07:51
So... when is the breaking point that this mod will eat my CPU alive :(

I use a pretty good CPU, i9, but still worried

I play vanilla and can usually 100+ fps, but now.... especially if I do Xenon apocolapyse

I mean, it will drop from 100+ fps, but it should be pretty good unless there is just so much going on in one sector then it may drop a bit. I mean a lot, like massive stations you built and many ships battling it out or something.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 09:08

Hey I saw an poll for enhance X4 universe, It proposes to improve the economy as well as to create several company or corporation which make an economic war besides, I will also propose it to FOCW

THIS IS : X4: Foundations – Corporations Expansion

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=449602&p=5143872#p5143872

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 18:41

This mod doesn't do the exact same thing as the one for XRebirth?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 18:56

spccasey wrote:
Sun, 2. Oct 22, 18:41
This mod doesn't do the exact same thing as the one for XRebirth?
No, it does not do the same thing. I don't have the time to make such a complicated mod like in Rebirth.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Thu, 27. Oct 22, 13:55

hey BlackRain thank you again for your great mod !
One question, will you make the spawn ships mechanique for regular faction work at some point ?

The thing is, it's hard for me to keep the game balanced because of all the mods I use and ANT and ZYA usually get crushed in my games very hard so making them spawn ships for a while could help them not die in the first 40 hours ^^

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 28. Oct 22, 00:48

Bozz11 wrote:
Thu, 27. Oct 22, 13:55
hey BlackRain thank you again for your great mod !
One question, will you make the spawn ships mechanique for regular faction work at some point ?

The thing is, it's hard for me to keep the game balanced because of all the mods I use and ANT and ZYA usually get crushed in my games very hard so making them spawn ships for a while could help them not die in the first 40 hours ^^
I will probably get around to it at some point but I wouldn't expect anything soon. It really happens on a whim for me, whenever I am in the mood to play the game again.

Min
x4

Post by Min » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 21:11

Hi, I'm so glad this mod is still active. Thanks for the mod!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 25. Nov 22, 03:43

Min wrote:
Sun, 20. Nov 22, 21:11
Hi, I'm so glad this mod is still active. Thanks for the mod!
No problem!

Drache257
x4

Post by Drache257 » Mon, 12. Dec 22, 08:33

Does this mod work with VRO ? The Xenon are invading the sectors and they are very powerfull. I would like to add more battleships to all the races to survive longer eventough Split are almost dead right now.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Mon, 12. Dec 22, 14:40

Drache257 wrote:
Mon, 12. Dec 22, 08:33
Does this mod work with VRO ?
Yes (focw corporations mod also works). Edit the txt files to your liking. Personally I've only increased the number of miners.
For example whether you allow more defensive fleets or attacking fleets can have a big difference.

They won't actually get them (or maybe the initial ones), they are just allowed to have more in existence at the same time. They still need the resources and shipyards (hence might need those extra miners). But tweaking the numbers at least allows that the Xen or others don't keep their limited number of allowed fleets/capitals in wrong sectors while they would be needed elsewhere.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Tue, 13. Dec 22, 18:58

Hello,
Do spawn xeon jobs work? It seems to me that AI are building these capital ships not spawning.

Br

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Tue, 13. Dec 22, 19:33

MiFoludek wrote:
Tue, 13. Dec 22, 18:58
Hello,
Do spawn xeon jobs work? It seems to me that AI are building these capital ships not spawning.
Br
They are most likely just something that they are allowed to build if they can, not spawned.

Vanilla limits could mean that the one supercapital (like TER Asgard) factions are allowed to have at the same time could be stuck in some backwater sector instead of being active somewhere. Because the Xenon sectors are so spread out, it's useful to at least allow multiple exist if they have the resources.

If you want war start with more ships, look into DeadAir Mods. Deadair god etc. make the stations etc. such that the factions can pump out more ships immediately.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 15:08

I havnt used this mod since april 2021 and its the only mod i have ever used.

Has anyone else had issues progressing the paranid civil war storyline? I cant get the lady to spawn that is supposed to meet you in nopilious fortune 2

I am also having issues hacking the wormwood scrubs station as part of that quest.

Like i said, i havnt had this script active in over a year and in fact that was on an old build with a different harddrive so the script has technically never been active on this computer but X4 steam still shows it as an extension. If i re-download it do you think it will let me progress with the story?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 18:26

not the author, but this mod has ZERO things to do with any kind of storylines in any DLC or base game, it just add more ships to factions logic to build, so if this is a only mod you have and or had since you tell its not active but is in the list, go to the Technical Support part of this forum and make a post

yes your save game is modified, probably? but since it was just this mod? and im asking is it in fact just this mod? post all the needed details, and exactly how you cant progress the story and somebody should help you out

You will need to inform in the post that your save is modified but only 1 mod that has nothing to do with storylines, put a link to the mod, hope this helps

ediT: i see you already did post it, hope they still help you but they are very stingy when the save file is modified
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 19:13

yea they are giving me shit about it being marked modified and blaming the 1 inactive mod i have :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 19:21

Heh, nobody is giving you that nor blaming you at all. :wink:

The thing is that the devs have only just so much time to spend on investigations amongst their ongoing future development work. It is indeed true that they will tend to spend that time on other reported issues with vanilla gameplay rather than spend time on something only to find out much later on that it was likely the result of a mod or edit. However, where a poster has provided credible evidence that any mods/edits are most unlikely to be the issue, then they *might* take a quick look if the supporting evidence is comprehensive and quick and easy for them to use to pinpoint the issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Thu, 12. Jan 23, 11:02

Questions about the "attack player owned sectors" options (eg: activatetrinityattackpla, activateargcarattackpla, etc.)

If I enable those but disable all the other ship options, will those fleets be built? Also, do they attack player factions based on reputation or are they
always going to attack, even if I'm friendly with the faction?

I find that my system can't handle me turning on every option but I do want a few extra fleets. I thought I would turn on only these but not if they
ignore reputation.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 01:21

user1679 wrote:
Thu, 12. Jan 23, 11:02
Questions about the "attack player owned sectors" options (eg: activatetrinityattackpla, activateargcarattackpla, etc.)

If I enable those but disable all the other ship options, will those fleets be built? Also, do they attack player factions based on reputation or are they

I find that my system can't handle me turning on every option but I do want a few extra fleets. I thought I would turn on only these but not if they
ignore reputation.

If you become an enemy to those factions, then those particular job ships will activate at a given time. They won't be ordered if when the check happens, you aren't an enemy. It basically just adds a couple more fleets which may or may not attack a sector where you have stations (depending if they can get there or not without being distracted). They should head to a station of yours though.

There is so much more I could do with all of this, actually it is quite powerful all the things that can be done. It is just that I don't have the time and/or motivation to fool around too much. I may do more in the future.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 04:37

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 13. Jan 23, 01:21
user1679 wrote:
Thu, 12. Jan 23, 11:02

ignore reputation.

If you become an enemy to those factions, then those particular job ships will activate at a given time. They won't be ordered if when the check happens, you aren't an enemy. It basically just adds a couple more fleets which may or may not attack a sector where you have stations (depending if they can get there or not without being distracted). They should head to a station of yours though.

There is so much more I could do with all of this, actually it is quite powerful all the things that can be done. It is just that I don't have the time and/or motivation to fool around too much. I may do more in the future.
Thank you. I wanted to add a little extra penalty for reputation drops without destroying my framerate. I tried enabling all the options at their lowest setting but because I also have ROR, my fps was dropping into the teens. I decided to disable ROR, enable these options discussed above and add the 4 Eve online factions from DeadAIR. My fps is pretty stable now around 50 to 75 depending how many asteroids are on the screen but I still see fleet battles from time to time.

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Mon, 27. Feb 23, 17:51

Only 3 small questions (I've really searched - but rummage through 100+ tabs ... )

- does the mod have to start with a new save?
- can I easily remove it later?
- could it be that the mod has a lot to do, at least after initialization? I gave it a quick try (albeit with 2 other mods) and my fps dropped horribly like the game was just busy doing something else...
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”