[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Grom Alith

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.7

Post by Grom Alith » Sun, 14. Nov 21, 13:13

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 14. Nov 21, 02:09
Hey, what exactly is the issue? I mean, they act the same exact way that Xenon ships normally act.
As you can see in my screenshots, a ship built in Atiya's Misfortune was ordered to mine resources in Emperor's Pride VI, even if there is no safe way to get there.

Now I see that this is a problem with factionslogic, not a mod. I just tested it again with FE and this issue with mining ships is no longer here.

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Tue, 16. Nov 21, 22:43

Sorry for the noobish questions, but the last game I really played was terran conflict, and without extensions. I would like to pick it up again if I find a type of game I like.
There are a few questions I would like to ask, but I will start with the basics: starting it up.

1) in WIndows the extension complains that I need Cradle oF Humanity. But I do have Cradle of Humanity. Is that normal? How do I solve it?
2) in Linux it doesn't see the extension at all. Is the location to put it in ~/.config/EgoSoft/X4/79257070/extensions?

Thank you in advance

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 01:11

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Tue, 16. Nov 21, 22:43
Sorry for the noobish questions, but the last game I really played was terran conflict, and without extensions. I would like to pick it up again if I find a type of game I like.
There are a few questions I would like to ask, but I will start with the basics: starting it up.

1) in WIndows the extension complains that I need Cradle oF Humanity. But I do have Cradle of Humanity. Is that normal? How do I solve it?
2) in Linux it doesn't see the extension at all. Is the location to put it in ~/.config/EgoSoft/X4/79257070/extensions?

Thank you in advance
Honestly, I am not sure about these issues. I don't deal with linux much and no idea about the first issue. Hopefully someone knows the answer.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 04:35

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Tue, 16. Nov 21, 22:43

Thank you in advance
Try several options.

1) For Linux, change the case of letters to lowercase.

Code: Select all

FOCW  to focw
For Linux, all folder and files names must be in lowercase.

Most likely, after changing the case of letters in the name of the mod folder, the errors will disappear without additional manipulation.

2) Open content.xml file and change false to true

<dependency name="Cradle of Humanity" id="ego_dlc_terran" optional="false"/>
 <dependency name="Split Vendetta" id="ego_dlc_split" optional="false"/>
or

comment out these lines

<!-- <dependency name="Cradle of Humanity" id="ego_dlc_terran" optional="true"/>
 <dependency name="Split Vendetta" id="ego_dlc_split" optional="true"/> -->
All mods must be located in the root folder of the game - extensions

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:16

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 04:35
1) For Linux, change the case of letters to lowercase.
Thanks, that worked. Now I can see it, but with the same problem: Cradle of Humanity is missing.
Somehow the image is not shown, so here is the link to a screenshot of the relevant part of the screen:

https://postimg.cc/7fzqLGK4

This is on Linux
alexalsp wrote:
2) Open content.xml file and change false to true
Yea, about that, I understood from your reactions that this problem is not usual, and I was thinking of reinstalling the game, but I have it now in Windows and Linux.
Am I the only one with the problem?
If no, why are these values in the xml set to false?

I mean, I have both DLCs, why should I set it to true? Will it change anything?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 18:34

When to download the mod before or after the DLC if needed.

If there are folders like WS_xxxxx in the mods folder, delete them.

I started the game on Windows, everything is fine. There is no red.

Check your mods folder, try checking files if the game is on Steam, or reinstall the game.

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 22:45

alexalsp wrote:
I think this was the missing bit. If I put in the same directory as the DLCs it works.
Thanks for that.

So now I am a step further, trying to figure out how to configure and start the game properly. Things are not working as expected.
I am afraid that you will hear from me soon :-)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 20:57

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 22:45
alexalsp wrote:
I think this was the missing bit. If I put in the same directory as the DLCs it works.
Thanks for that.

So now I am a step further, trying to figure out how to configure and start the game properly. Things are not working as expected.
I am afraid that you will hear from me soon :-)
Hehe, let me know how it goes.

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:13

Okay I have been playing a little, and in general there are aspects of the basic game I am kind of struggling with (like it's really annoying to go around a station to find these radio signals; I hear this sound and then I fly all over), but I guess it's okay.

Now, in general I am a fan of games like Battlezone, Carrier Command, Arma's CTI, where a couple of factions start with a minimum, grow, expand, and then fight each other. I am trying to do something similar here.
I don't think I can make factions start with a minimum (can I?), but that's not a huge problem. Maybe I can do the rest though.
So...

1) There are a lot of factions. I started with me and the Argon against everybody, but maybe it's not a great choice. Can I reduce their number? Maybe I can group them in teams? What would be the best way?
2) What's this story with the options to allocate ships to different factions? I thought that factions grow, and then buy or build more ships
3) What is the logic the different factions use when they are at war with each other? I see enemy ships flying through my sector, I also saw enemy ships stationed in my sector, doing nothing. They were not attacked (granted, friendly ships in my sector were attacking someone else), but also not attacking, or moving.
Maybe I can use this Faction War Enhancer?

Or in general, what would be the best way to get as close as possible to a game like that?

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 16:01

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:13
Now, in general I am a fan of games like Battlezone, Carrier Command, Arma's CTI, where a couple of factions start with a minimum, grow, expand, and then fight each other. I am trying to do something similar here.
I don't think I can make factions start with a minimum (can I?), but that's not a huge problem. Maybe I can do the rest though.
So...
During the Paranid storyline, you will be able to create a new major faction from scratch. I myself have not played it yet, but I know that this faction starts with nothing, you will need to build a shipyard for them and help them survive and expand.
ranOutOfNames wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:13
3) What is the logic the different factions use when they are at war with each other? I see enemy ships flying through my sector, I also saw enemy ships stationed in my sector, doing nothing. They were not attacked (granted, friendly ships in my sector were attacking someone else), but also not attacking, or moving.
Maybe I can use this Faction War Enhancer?

I tested many different mods and watched for hours how it works, and I can say that in my subjective opinion, the factionlogic in the current patch is in a very bad state. Mods like Faction Enhancer can improve it

I suggest you to try FOCW with DeadAir AI Tweaks and Faction Enhancer

ranOutOfNames

Post by ranOutOfNames » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 22:19

Grom Alith wrote:
Sun, 21. Nov 21, 16:01
During the Paranid storyline, you will be able to create a new major faction from scratch. I myself have not played it yet, but I know that this faction starts with nothing, you will need to build a shipyard for them and help them survive and expand.
isn't that more or less the same as me starting with the Argon against everybody?
Grom Alith wrote:
I tested many different mods and watched for hours how it works, and I can say that in my subjective opinion, the factionlogic in the current patch is in a very bad state.
Yea i had this impression.
It kind of puts me off a little to be honest
Grom Alith wrote:
Both of them together?
I didn't know this AI Tweaks. And when you say Faction Enhancer you mean all of them I assume?
Okay, I will try all of them together. Thanks for the tip.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 13:57

ranOutOfNames wrote:
Mon, 22. Nov 21, 22:19
Grom Alith wrote:
Both of them together?
I didn't know this AI Tweaks. And when you say Faction Enhancer you mean all of them I assume?
Okay, I will try all of them together. Thanks for the tip.
Faction Enhancer I personally find heavy on the fps. Given how many ships FOCW can potentially add I elected to not throw it in and just go with DeadAirTweaks.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 17:16

Is the mod compatible with 4.20?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 18:43

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 17:16
Is the mod compatible with 4.20?
I've not noticed any obviously issues during the Beta for 4.20, so I assume it's ok.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 22:23

There shouldn't ever be any compatibility problems.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 21:45

thx

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 03:54

I just activated this only i believe i used the settings to double the xenon in my current game. roughly how long should i wait before i see a change? its been a few in game hours in SETA now and im not noticing anything.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 04:56

DrwHem wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 03:54
I just activated this only i believe i used the settings to double the xenon in my current game. roughly how long should i wait before i see a change? its been a few in game hours in SETA now and im not noticing anything.
I am not really sure how you are determining whether their numbers have increased or not? First, you have to consider whether they can build the ships (as in possess the resources), then you have to consider if they are losing ships and if they are replacing them fast enough, then also you have to consider where they may be physically as they could be sitting around in one of their sectors or flying around far away from the main parts of a sector, etc. Also, is it a new game? an existing game? Were the Xenon getting hammered by factions before you gave them more ships? I mean, there is a lot to consider.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 15:05

I just checked in my extensions tab and FOCW shows as red because it says im missing cradle of humanity...but i clearly have it and it shows as on. is there a different extension i need to add?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 16:37

DrwHem wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 15:05
I just checked in my extensions tab and FOCW shows as red because it says im missing cradle of humanity...but i clearly have it and it shows as on. is there a different extension i need to add?
There have been people who had this issue before, I forgot what the cause was. Just open up the folder where the mod is, open the content.xml in the FOCW folder.

Edit the following line

<dependency name="Cradle of Humanity" id="ego_dlc_terran" optional="false"/>

change false to true. Should work then.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”