[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 6.8

Post by user1679 » Thu, 7. Jul 22, 08:05

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 14. Jun 22, 18:36
Why would you need to keep the jobs.xml at all? All it does is add more ships, but it is not like what FOCW does and if you are using FOCW I see no reason why you need that jobs.xml. I balanced all the FOCW added fleets and such based on a variety of criteria. In my opinion, using that jobs.xml will cause quite a bit of chaos and won't be balanced. However, it is up to the person to decide on their own. I don't like that much chaos in my game and prefer a much more controlled (but fun) environment.

Also, nothing in that jobs.xml will conflict with FOCW. There is no conflict, it is just that the jobs.xml of XRshippack adds a ton of fleets and you have no control over it unless you edit the jobs.xml yourself.
Incidentally, VRO has a similar jobs.xml that adds a similar "ton of fleets" so if, like me, people use both VRO and XRShip Pack, that could explain the ton of traffic killing FPS. It's
a lot of AI right at the beginning of the game for the CPU to handle. When I removed both jobs files, my fps went from 34 to 78.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 03:55

user1679 wrote:
Thu, 7. Jul 22, 08:05
BlackRain wrote:
Why would you need to keep the jobs.xml at all? All it does is add more ships, but it is not like what FOCW does and if you are using FOCW I see no reason why you need that jobs.xml. I balanced all the FOCW added fleets and such based on a variety of criteria. In my opinion, using that jobs.xml will cause quite a bit of chaos and won't be balanced. However, it is up to the person to decide on their own. I don't like that much chaos in my game and prefer a much more controlled (but fun) environment.

Also, nothing in that jobs.xml will conflict with FOCW. There is no conflict, it is just that the jobs.xml of XRshippack adds a ton of fleets and you have no control over it unless you edit the jobs.xml yourself.
Incidentally, VRO has a similar jobs.xml that adds a similar "ton of fleets" so if, like me, people use both VRO and XRShip Pack, that could explain the ton of traffic killing FPS. It's
a lot of AI right at the beginning of the game for the CPU to handle. When I removed both jobs files, my fps went from 34 to 78.
I use VRO and it runs just fine. VRO also adjusts the existing vanilla jobs I think so it is replacing those rather than just fully adding on to the existing one like xr ship pack does I think.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 04:55

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 8. Jul 22, 03:55
user1679 wrote:
Thu, 7. Jul 22, 08:05
BlackRain wrote:

I use VRO and it runs just fine. VRO also adjusts the existing vanilla jobs I think so it is replacing those rather than just fully adding on to the existing one like xr ship pack does I think.
When I looked at the XML, it was adding several fleets based on the player's age. But I might have been misreading it.

Anecdotally, when I use the 'extension options' to turn mass traffic to 0%, I see about 10 ships around the station within 5 minutes of starting a new game. Using VRO with the jobs.xml enabled, I see
30+ ships before I even finish spawning into the game and my FPS is tanked to 23. Disabling the jobs.xml returns the game to the previous state but I don't know what effect it will
have at later stages.

I find using FOCW with VRO (jobs.xml disabled) and XRShip Pack (jobs.xml disabled) gives me 30 to 43 fps around stations and 78 fps in space / asteroid fields. Enabling either or both of
those jobs.xml puts me in the low 20 fps.

AtilaElari

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.0

Post by AtilaElari » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 15:29

I often find shipyards idle despite being filled with resources and a faction definitely not yet up to a quota set up by the mod. What can be the reason?
I assume "checkinterval" variable defines how often the script runs to check for existing ships and assign orders for shipyards? If so then can shorter check time make shipyards build more often?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 16:00

AtilaElari wrote:
Tue, 2. Aug 22, 15:29
I often find shipyards idle despite being filled with resources and a faction definitely not yet up to a quota set up by the mod. What can be the reason?
I assume "checkinterval" variable defines how often the script runs to check for existing ships and assign orders for shipyards? If so then can shorter check time make shipyards build more often?
Hello, the quota is the max amount they could have at any given time. However, this doesn't mean they will build up to the quota. Every time checkinterval fires, they will order one fleet or one squadron or whatever. So, like every 30 minutes they might order one of a specific fleet. They don't order the "quota" of that specific fleet every 30 minutes. You can lower the checkinterval if you want and it will order the fleets and such faster but that is only if the economy can handle it.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 08:43

Also - is checkinterval calculated in real time or in-game time? As in, will it run more often in SETA?

user1679

Post by user1679 » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 23:35

AtilaElari wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 08:43
Also - is checkinterval calculated in real time or in-game time? As in, will it run more often in SETA?

It's game time and is often used with player.age + CONSTANT because player.age is derived from
the system time when the game is started.

libraries\md.xsd
<xs:attribute name="checktime" type="expression">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation>
Minimum game time (player age) of first condition check, can be variable and is evaluated when cue is enabled (use only in combination with onfail or checkinterval)
</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:attribute>
<xs:attribute name="checkinterval" type="expression">
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation>
Delay between condition checks, must be constant (do not use with cues containing event conditions)
</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:attribute>

md\setup.xml
<set_value name="md.$SystemTimeAtGamestart" exact="player.systemtime.{'%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S'}" />

libraries\scriptproperties.xml
<keyword name="player" description="Access to player-specific data">
<property name="age" result="Current game time" type="time" />
<property name="systemtime.{$string}" result="Current local system time..."

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. Aug 22, 17:23

AtilaElari wrote:
Thu, 4. Aug 22, 08:43
It would be too ridiculous if it were based on using Seta lol

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”