[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shovelmonkey
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (finally with paintjobs)

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 13:23

Any chance for a compatch or branch for Blackrain's Corporations Mod ( viewtopic.php?f=181&t=433943&sid=68874f ... 266c5c28f1 ) like you did for VRO?

It is an awesome mod FYI. As is yours! 8)
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 13:39

shovelmonkey wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 13:23
Any chance for a compatch or branch for Blackrain's Corporations Mod ( viewtopic.php?f=181&t=433943&sid=68874f ... 266c5c28f1 ) like you did for VRO?

I have read about this mod and it indeed sounds very interesting. The only reason why I havent tried it yet is my fear about the performance impact :D.

But to your question:
The mod should already be compatible with most of my ships (all sizes except XL battleships).
I have added my ships to the vanilla ship groups (except battleships because there were no groups for them in vanilla). So the mod (if it uses vanilla ship groups) should already pick my ships.

The only ships that wont be picked by corporations would be battleships (from an immersive point of view, that even would make sense? i dont know). So only the big factions like argon, antigon, teladi have battleships.

if it does not work (maybe the mod works different than I thoughT), I would ask you to ask the author of the mod to add compatibility with my mod because I cant support any more mods right now. Actually I am working on a pretty big update of this mod that includes several new ships :) (release date with CoH - maybe 1-2 days after to check for bugs).
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 14:19

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 13:39

I have read about this mod and it indeed sounds very interesting. The only reason why I havent tried it yet is my fear about the performance impact :D.

But to your question:
The mod should already be compatible with most of my ships (all sizes except XL battleships).
I have added my ships to the vanilla ship groups (except battleships because there were no groups for them in vanilla). So the mod (if it uses vanilla ship groups) should already pick my ships.

The only ships that wont be picked by corporations would be battleships (from an immersive point of view, that even would make sense? i dont know). So only the big factions like argon, antigon, teladi have battleships.

if it does not work (maybe the mod works different than I thoughT), I would ask you to ask the author of the mod to add compatibility with my mod because I cant support any more mods right now. Actually I am working on a pretty big update of this mod that includes several new ships :) (release date with CoH - maybe 1-2 days after to check for bugs).
Fair enough the whole way around, and thank you for the quick reply. I'll give it a try.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 19:35

any way to only get the xenon ship?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 20:44

scrab21 wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 19:35
You need to remove all wares except the Q and you need to remove all ships from the shipgroups except the Q. I guess thats all. Maybe you also need to remove the jobs.xml but dont know.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 16:01

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 13:39
shovelmonkey wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 13:23

But to your question:

Your mod should have no conflict with mine. I do not change the existing faction ships, I only add new ships for the Corporations. The Corporations only use destroyers and below (so no battleships). They also use trade ships and miners. They do not use any XL ships at all.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 07:01

I posted a bug report on the nexus forum, thought I'd post it here too. On the Titurel, the bottom turrets are oriented in the wrong direction, they're mounted upside down inside the hull. At least that's the case with Argon Med Bolts.

While I'm at it, question for you. I don't have any experience modding but I'm decent with scripting languages. I'm interested in rearranging a few things from this mod for my personal use, for example, giving the Titurel back to the pirates and making it one of their random spawns/builds with no blue print availability (so the only way to obtain one is by capturing it =p), and a few other things like that.

How difficult would something like that be to do?

And probably more complicated, if I wanted to remove some of the turrets or replace some of the shields from like L's to M's for any given model, is that something i could do without any modeling software?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 08:14

One other thing about the Titurel. It doesn't seem to be able to trade while in sector. I'm watching one docked at one of my stations and the drones are active, according to the ship info, but there's none leaving the ship or station and it's sitting at 0 on stored wares on the ship. Been sitting here for a while and no movement of goods. Works fine, OOS, though.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 13:09

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 9. Mar 21, 07:01
I posted a bug report on the nexus forum, thought I'd post it here too. On the Titurel, the bottom turrets are oriented in the wrong direction, they're mounted upside down inside the hull. At least that's the case with Argon Med Bolts.

While I'm at it, question for you. I don't have any experience modding but I'm decent with scripting languages. I'm interested in rearranging a few things from this mod for my personal use, for example, giving the Titurel back to the pirates and making it one of their random spawns/builds with no blue print availability (so the only way to obtain one is by capturing it =p), and a few other things like that.

How difficult would something like that be to do?

And probably more complicated, if I wanted to remove some of the turrets or replace some of the shields from like L's to M's for any given model, is that something i could do without any modeling software?
Thanks for your bug report. I normally look on Nexus once every 2 weeks or so, so this place is much faster if you want a response.
I check each ship with all modules fit before releasing it, but I might have missed this one. Will check both bugs for the next version.

Changing modules and giving a ship to a specific faction can be done without any tool (except a text editor).
For turret placement have a look into te units/size_l and units/size_xl folders. There you have some .xml files for each ship. They include (typically starting at the middle of the document) all the module positions and what kind of mudle can be mounted. Of course chaning positions is way harder if you dont see the ship model.

Giving a ship to pirates can be done by changing the wares.xml and maybethe jobs.xml file in the library I think. But I have no experience with pirate factions and dont know if they are treated differently to normal factions.

Hope that helps

Edit: both fixed in the next version (which will come out just a few days after CoH)

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 15:37

Sweet! Thx for fixing those and thx for the info! Much appreciated, sir =)
rebellionpac.com

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 20:57

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 20:44
scrab21 wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 19:35
You need to remove all wares except the Q and you need to remove all ships from the shipgroups except the Q. I guess thats all. Maybe you also need to remove the jobs.xml but dont know.
i see hmm, thank you so much, i'll try different workarounds :gruebel:

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 11:13

Patch is needed for last version ?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 12:29

ObsidianOne wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 11:13
Patch is needed for last version ?
No, but it is online now anyway :P.

• Added Braveheart as Argon (Ant) missile destroyer
  • Added Polaris as large Argon (Ant) freighter
  • Added Polaris (Gas) as large Argon (Ant) gas miner
  • Added Rahanis as large Argon (Ant) freighter
  • Added Rahanis (Gas) as large Argon (Ant) gas miner
  • Added Khaak Queen as destroyer (will spawn to defend Khaak installations or roam around the universe - it should not spawn at miners [not yet])
  • Added Arrakis as Argon (Arg) large destroyer
  • Added Harvester (Gas) as large Teladi miner
  • Added Harvester (Mineral) as large Teladi miner
  • Added Starlifter as large Teladi transport
  • Added Ragnarokh as heavy Teladi destroyer
  • Added Dreadnought as Paranid (Par) extralarge battleship
  • Added Terror as Paranid (Hol) battleship
  • Added Mirage (Gas) as Paranid (God) large gas miner
  • Added Mirage (Mineral) as Paranid (God) large miner
  • Added Klendathu as Paranid (God) L destroyer
  • Terror replaces Thanatos (AI wont build Thanatos anymore, but the ship stays in game to stay compatibile with older saves)
  • In the name list on the map "Gas" or "Mineral" were added for better visibility for all XR miners
  • Adjusted ship production components for all ships to match 4.0 economy (selling XR ships to AI should give the same margins as vanilla ships now)
  • Increased speed and agility of Kraken
  • Changed dock position for Excalibur
  • Changed name of Shark to Centurion
  • Changed weapon and main shield positions on PAR Shark (now Centurion) destroyer
  • Increased missile capacity on Centurion
  • Increased price of Xenon Q
  • Added a third weapon to Paranid Doomhammer
  • Adjusted all gas miners to 4.0 changes (no gather rate anymore)
  • Fixed several log errors
  • Fixed wrong alignment of bottom M turrets on Titurel
  • Fixed docking procedure when loading/unloading the Titurel
  • Fixed several log errors
  • Just in case you wanna support me, you can now become my patreon =) (see mod page if interested)

Scoob
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (now including 48!! ships)

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 14:04

Thanks for the update, much appreciated! :)

Scoob.

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 14:42

Nice , thanks for update haha.Best timing ever :D

Phinixa
x4

Post by Phinixa » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:06

Asking because Im about to download the mod: Is there any way to remove it on an existing save manually? For example destroying ALL existing ships(via cheats)?

EDIT: Also, can you add the Vortex download button to the newest version on nexusmods?
Last edited by Phinixa on Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
***modified*** 4 life!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:07

Edit: Looks like I had missing entries in a t-file for FOCW Corporations Revised.

Hi,

I've spotted an error not totally sure which mod is to blame as the ship's in question appear to be both XR Ship Mod added ships and ship belonging to one of the FOCW Corporations Revised new Faction.

Here's what I posted on the FOCW Corporations Revised thread:

"As I run multiple mods, I'm not totally sure if yours is the one with the error here. However, some ships belonging to the "Dal"Family Dal Faction show as "Dal =ReadText40000-137=" followed by the ship name and ID. I've not seen this error with any regular faction ships, but that might just be coincidence.

Note: the ship in question I have this issue with currently is an "Astral" added by the XR Ship Pack, so perhaps the issue lies with that mod? I will post on that thread also."

Thought I should comment on both threads as the ships in question - at least the one's I've spotted - appear to subject to BOTH mods.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 23:00

Phinixa wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:06
Asking because Im about to download the mod: Is there any way to remove it on an existing save manually? For example destroying ALL existing ships(via cheats)?
I have not done this yet, so I can not tell you exactly how it works. But I think you would need to load the game with the mod active and while you are in game you need to change the mod to save game compatible (change flag in content.xml). Then save it and it should be loadable with the mod deactivated. But I am not sure what happens with the content from the mod. I guess that it will just disappear but maybe it is not possible to load the game at all. So you need to try out.
Phinixa wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:06
EDIT: Also, can you add the Vortex download button to the newest version on nexusmods?
No. I did that in the first versions and it produced many problems and people were not able to use the mod. Thats why I deactivated it.

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 20:07
Edit: Looks like I had missing entries in a t-file for FOCW Corporations Revised.

Hi,

I've spotted an error not totally sure which mod is to blame as the ship's in question appear to be both XR Ship Mod added ships and ship belonging to one of the FOCW Corporations Revised new Faction.

Here's what I posted on the FOCW Corporations Revised thread:

"As I run multiple mods, I'm not totally sure if yours is the one with the error here. However, some ships belonging to the "Dal"Family Dal Faction show as "Dal =ReadText40000-137=" followed by the ship name and ID. I've not seen this error with any regular faction ships, but that might just be coincidence.

Note: the ship in question I have this issue with currently is an "Astral" added by the XR Ship Pack, so perhaps the issue lies with that mod? I will post on that thread also."

Thought I should comment on both threads as the ships in question - at least the one's I've spotted - appear to subject to BOTH mods.

Cheers,

Scoob.
Pretty sure that this is not from this mod because I dont have a text code "40000-137"

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 23:45

That's weird. There's an entire paragraph missing from my edit. I went on to explain that this was a FOCW Corporations Revised issue - basically two lines in the 0001.xml file were missing from the version I downloaded. It was purely coincidental that the first 4-5 ships I spotted with this error were ones added by XR Ship Mod.

Scoob.

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 01:53

I'm kind of surprised to see the newly added Dreadnaught is a Paranid ship, it very much reminds me of a terran ship from x3.... Why give it to the Paranid, it doesn't seem to fit with their style all that well?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”