Modified version of game

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lillypawz
x4

Modified version of game

Post by Lillypawz » Tue, 12. Jan 21, 18:35

Egosoft there are some really useful mods out there but if you want to do quests to unlock paint etc you can't use any mods what so ever as I understand it.

Crystal glow instead of blink, fire and smoke are two mods that have no real impact on vanilla game but are really great game improvements.

Others like being able to send a scout out to scout drop satellite near a undiscovered station etc makes real sense a scout ship that well scouts.

Mods like these really you should be adding them to the vanilla game itself but at very least allow mods that don't alter base game setting to e allowed without disabling the vanilla game

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Modified version of game

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 12. Jan 21, 19:34

What you are probably talking about is that obtaining some of the rarer paint mods and inventory items is currently mainly achieved via the online Ventures facility.

The reasons for Ventures requiring unmodified gameplay are covered in this thread, and Egosoft have more recently stated that this is about to become even more important with planned but not yet revealed enhancements for the online features.

I don't think that with their current 4.00 and DLC workload, the devs could divert any attention to checking 3rd party mods for suitability to be signed off for ongoing vanilla use, let alone worry about the intellectual property rights and supportability issues inevitably involved in incorporating 3rd party work.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Lillypawz
x4

Post by Lillypawz » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 00:05

Yeah just been reading about the need to be in a vanilla mode for upcoming content. Just started playing x4 foundations. Been a fan of series since X and X2 missed X3 no pc etc thou have it in library.

I know it not a simple thing to moderate but maybe tag as none game mechanics and game altering.

Changing crystal to glow rather than blink or emergency telephone don't affect game mechanics just saves you a re load etc. I'm sure egosoft could intrust some moderater to approve mods green for ok mods that don't affect vanilla and red for mods that will a sanctioned list.

Either way X has always been my favorite space empire game keep it up egosoft

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 16:42

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 12. Jan 21, 19:34
What you are probably talking about is that obtaining some of the rarer paint mods and inventory items is currently mainly achieved via the online Ventures facility.

The reasons for Ventures requiring unmodified gameplay are covered in this thread, and Egosoft have more recently stated that this is about to become even more important with planned but not yet revealed enhancements for the online features.

I don't think that with their current 4.00 and DLC workload, the devs could divert any attention to checking 3rd party mods for suitability to be signed off for ongoing vanilla use, let alone worry about the intellectual property rights and supportability issues inevitably involved in incorporating 3rd party work.
to be honest Ventures is i don't know there is nothing Ventures to it except getting the skins and that is it except you guys are planning to make Ventures hard core pvp where we send massive fleets to other players or something now that will be Ventures :twisted:

no offence but that Ventures system was a waste of time and resources :( except if you guys have big plans for the Ventures mod on upcoming 5.0

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”