[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). new mods: High security rooms are locked, UI: Reset mouse on menu close

Post by kuertee » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 19:39

New mod:
UI: Reset mouse on menu close https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/542
Mod effects:
Resets the mouse to the center of the screen when a fullscreen menu is closed. Useful for when mouse steering is active.

Requirement:
SirNukes Mod Support APIs mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/503)
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). new mods: High security rooms are locked, UI: Reset mouse on menu close

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 16:28

kuertee wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 19:39
New mod:
Mod effects:
Resets the mouse to the center of the screen when a fullscreen menu is closed. Useful for when mouse steering is active.

Requirement:
SirNukes Mod Support APIs mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/503)
I'd love to see a version of this that moves the mouse to a screen corner, for folks like me who only use a HOTAS in the cockpit.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 16:07

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 16:28
...I'd love to see a version of this that moves the mouse to a screen corner, for folks like me who only use a HOTAS in the cockpit.
Done:

Updates:
v1.1.0, 3 Aug 2020:
-New feature: The mouse's reset location can be set in the mod's Extensions Options. Useful for those who don't use mouse steering AND who'd prefer not to see a floating mouse on the HUD.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 15:19

Hi kuertee,

finally finished capturing SCA L ships in Silent Witness and spent some time tried station hacking with your High security rooms are locked mod.
In my opinion it's a really much needed expansion from vanilla terminal hacking idea and improves immersion.

Found a small bug and have some suggestion if you're hopefully still tinkering with mods.

As for a bug: I have bought a security room access code and entered this room successfuly.
Then teleported to my HQ and telported back to station where my code was still valid for few minutes.
But the room was locked.

And suggestions:
* As much as I love idea to have three different ways to obtain room access - IMO there is not much motivation to buy lower tier options as the first, most expensive one (code) is quite cheap (aropund 60k Cr).
This option is not expensive even on early game, so I don't see much reason to buy other ones, especially requiring more action to unlock rooms.
Maybe it would be better to make this option quite expensive and differentiate other ones?
For example:
  • entry code - ~650k
  • hacker - ~270k
  • operative - ~100k
* Operative option - in my case I flew to a station, found an operative near landing platform, talked to him, he disappeared behind the door and room (on the same station) was unlocked.
Not much difference from Entry Code option. Only difference is talking to an NPC on the same station.
Wouldn't this option be better if talking to an operative would took place on some other station?
It will make this option more action demanding which would be justified by the price.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 15:27

Oh, and a small one, not sure if possible - whan talking to a hacker or oprerative, you have to authenticate. Currently, it's the same phrase each time. It's OK.
But maybe it's possible to give player some random phrase (one of few defined) and then when authenticating - provide player with few possibilities (one of them of course would be the one that was drawn).
And if player choose incorrect phrase - hacker/operative goes away and player looses money?

Just wanted to share a quick thought :)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 18:55

Thank you for your feedback, Mycu!
Mycu wrote:
Sat, 22. Aug 20, 15:19
...As for a bug: I have bought a security room access code and entered this room successfully....Then teleported to my HQ and telported back to station where my code was still valid for few minutes...But the room was locked.
Will check it out.
...most expensive one (code) is quite cheap (aropund 60k Cr). ...This option is not expensive even on early game, so I don't see much reason to buy other ones, especially requiring more action to unlock rooms.
Maybe it would be better to make this option quite expensive and differentiate other ones?...
Their costs are 10% the reward "range" that you get from hacking the terminals. I use the game's reward balancing code, md.LIB_Reward_Balancing.Reward_Money. I can add a user configuration to increase this percentage.

Also, I've set the differences to be based on the busy work that you need to do. E.g. if you're in the station already but need to undock and scan a hacker's signal, then that option will be cheaper than getting an operative. HOWEVER, I do admit, that I reached the limit of my knowledge. Talking to the inside operative was suppose to be more difficult than simply talking to an NPC at the end of the quest marker. Initially, I wanted the player to (1) wait around at a designated location, (2) the operative will either be already near the area or arrive later, (3) the player needs to find the operative amongst other NPCs.

But I've learned a little bit more about building rooms and controlling NPCs since. I'll return to this mod and see if I can rework the inside operative option.
whan talking to a hacker or oprerative, you have to authenticate. Currently, it's the same phrase each time.
Oh? I'll recheck the pass-phrases code. There are 5 questions and 5 replies the code should randomly choose from.
...when authenticating - provide player with few possibilities (one of them of course would be the one that was drawn)...And if player choose incorrect phrase - hacker/operative goes away and player looses money?
That was my original intention, actually. I held it back because, in the back of my mind, I keep the idea that Egosoft wants the game to be streamlined - without too much grind/busy work. Another reason I decided to make the pass-phrase authentication easier, is that the player would have recorded (e.g. in the mission journal, or with a PDA, or with Google Glasses, etc.) the conversation when they received the correct pass-phrase. Remembering the correct pass-phrase would not be a problem.

Thanks, again! Also, FYI: I haven't forgotten about that
Spoiler
Show
crimes
mod I said I was going to build. I'll build that next - now that my other new mods are near completion.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 09:12

kuertee wrote:
Sat, 22. Aug 20, 18:55
Their costs are 10% the reward "range" that you get from hacking the terminals. I use the game's reward balancing code, md.LIB_Reward_Balancing.Reward_Money. I can add a user configuration to increase this percentage.
Also, I've set the differences to be based on the busy work that you need to do. E.g. if you're in the station already but need to undock and scan a hacker's signal, then that option will be cheaper than getting an operative. HOWEVER, I do admit, that I reached the limit of my knowledge. Talking to the inside operative was suppose to be more difficult than simply talking to an NPC at the end of the quest marker. Initially, I wanted the player to (1) wait around at a designated location, (2) the operative will either be already near the area or arrive later, (3) the player needs to find the operative amongst other NPCs.
But I've learned a little bit more about building rooms and controlling NPCs since. I'll return to this mod and see if I can rework the inside operative option.
Ok, didn't know that cost is dependent on a reward range.
Seems like a very good choice, but having a configuration option to adjust that ratio will be great for a masochists like me, looking for a more demanding gameplay :)

kuertee wrote:
Oh? I'll recheck the pass-phrases code. There are 5 questions and 5 replies the code should randomly choose from.
My assumption came from two situations with the same phrase, so it's quite possible that my assumption was wrong and it works as expected.

kuertee wrote:
That was my original intention, actually. I held it back because, in the back of my mind, I keep the idea that Egosoft wants the game to be streamlined - without too much grind/busy work. Another reason I decided to make the pass-phrase authentication easier, is that the player would have recorded (e.g. in the mission journal, or with a PDA, or with Google Glasses, etc.) the conversation when they received the correct pass-phrase. Remembering the correct pass-phrase would not be a problem.
I hate streamlined games ;) And really enjoy ways your mods expand vanilla ideas.
Also love the fact that lot of values can be configured through extension options menu, so anyone can fit it to match it's own needs.

kuertee wrote:
Also, FYI: I haven't forgotten about that mod I said I was going to build. I'll build that next - now that my other new mods are near completion.
Looking forward to it especially since the idea seemed very interesting.
Another TTWF (Thing To Wait For). Great ;)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). new mods: Alternatives to death, Teleport from transporter room, NPC Taxis.

Post by kuertee » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:46

New mods
Alternatives to death https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
  • Alternatives to death: clone, descendant, teleport, ransom, assimilation.
  • Other gameplay effects: ship destruction countdown, Cloning Lab, Trust Executor Office, acquire Cr to inherit property, acquire your assimilator's faction relationships.
Spoiler
Show
(To add to my history, since 2009, of modding away the obsolete sequence of "death > reload" from games (see my version of the mod for Oblivion and Skyrim), I decided to develop it for X4. Shamus Young posted a good argument against the "game over" screen in this blog post (with YouTube video): http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=2048.)

When a ship receives constant damage that would destroy it within the next 15 seconds, a 30-second countdown will appear in your HUD. During this countdown, the ship will be invulnerable, allowing you to escape from it. When this countdown expires, the ship will explode.

Use this mod with my other mod, Teleport From Transporter Room (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/553), for a more tactile experience of abandoning ships.

If you get caught in the ship's destruction, one of these alternatives to death will occur:

Alternative 1: Clone: If you have a clone in reserve, it will be activated. Clones can be bought from Cloning Labs.
Alternative 2: Descendant: Your play will resume from the agency of a distant relation.
Alternative 3: Teleport: An employee will pull you to safety via their ship's or station's teleporter - provided you have that technology.
Alternative 4: Ransom: You are captured and are released for a ransom.
Alternative 5: Assimilation: You are brainwashed (by one of the major factions), assimilated (by the Xenon) or cordycepified (by the Kha'ak).

Note that these alternatives will prevent the Game Over screen. However, if you've disabled some alternatives and the active alternatives cannot be executed, you will get the Game Over screen. For example: you're playing only with the Clone option, but have no clones available.
Teleport from transporter room https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/553
  • Adds a Teleport button to your Transporter Room panels
  • By default, this mod removes the "Teleport to" command from the Map Menu.
  • By default, this mod also disallows teleportation to and from allied properties.
NPC taxis (integrated into NPC reactions) https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
  • Call for transport from a ship console on a dock or from a patron in a bar.
  • Or board an NPC ship and ask the pilot to transport you.
Spoiler
Show
This is a good way to simply sit back (Stand behind the pilot is more like it), relax, and see the galaxy. Or use this to enter an enemy station, or dock on an enemy ship.

The NPC may have trouble docking. If the NPC gets stuck trying to dock, disembark at your destination automatically by using the Transporter Room. The "Disembark" button becomes available when the NPC pilot announce that you've arrived at your destination.
UI Extensions and HUD https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552, Code: https://github.com/kuertee/x4-mod-ui-extensions
  • Modded Lua files with callbacks to allow more than one mod to change the same UI element. Functionality to add new HUD elements to the Top Level Menu.

Updated mods
Spoiler
Show
Hacking outcomes https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/495
v1.0.2, 27 Aug 2020:
  • Bug-fix: Previously, missions that are declined stuck in the Accepted Missions list.
  • Clean-up: Missions generated from previous versions of this mod are silently aborted.
High-security rooms are locked https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540
v1.0.1, 27 Aug 2020:
  • Tweak: Detecting player.station changes.
  • Bug-fix: Validate locked/unlocked rooms to prevent Transporter Menu from getting disabled.
  • Tweak: Player-owned stations don't have locked rooms.
  • New feature: Configurable costs of the keys.
  • Tweak: Localisation of "Yes"/"No" confirmation of key purchase.
  • Bug-fix: Re-unlock room on return to the station within the key time limit.
  • Tweak: The station is set as the mission target for the map mission pointer.
  • Clean-up: cutscene convos.
NPC reactions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
v1.3.0, 29 Aug 2020:
  • Tweak: NPC construction ships: convo of job request.
  • Tweak: Uses UI Extensions and HUD mod for Lua changes.
  • Bug-fix: NPC reactions: Rumours about military, economic, and scientific missions were generating only in friendly sectors. Now in neutral sectors, too.
  • Bug-fix: NPC reactions: Declined missions do not stick in the Accepted Missions lists anymore.
  • Tweak: NPC reactions: Disabled on enemies.
  • Tweak: NPC reactions: Disabled on mission actors.
  • New feature: NPC taxi: Call for transport from a ship console on a dock or from a patron in a bar. Or board an NPC ship and ask the pilot to transport you.
Signal leak hunter - increasing range https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/498
v4.3.0, 28 Aug 2020:
  • A notification of the type of detected leak is displayed, allowing you to ignore it sooner and to continue hunting for the type of leak that you're interested in.
  • Cleaner integration with the Mission Briefing screen. It was a bit clunky in previous versions.
Station scanner https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/496
v1.2.3, 28 Aug 2020:
  • Bug-fix: In previous versions, the mission sometimes terminates prematurely - even if you have more components to scan.
  • Cleaner integration with the Mission Briefing screen. It was a bit clunky in previous versions.
Wear and tear https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/523
v1.0.3, 28 Aug 2020:

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). new mods: Alternatives to death, Teleport from transporter room, NPC Taxis.

Post by kuertee » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:47

Thank you for play-testing and posting bug-reports, Mycu!

I figured out the problem with the beta v0.9.0 of Teleport From Transporter Room mod. Hopefully you can use it in my fix which I've now released as v1.0.0. I've also fixed the various bugs you found in Alternatives To Death.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 30. Aug 20, 23:22

OK, got back to X4 after bad save "break". I didn't hold out too long ;)
I was more than happy to note that most of your mods got updates and some beta ones were released.

Wear and tear
Glad to see that WnT tab now correctly sorts data (size, name, hull).
Also previous bug where this tab sometimes opened empty is fixed.
Great!

Teleport from transporter room
Works nicely, for me adds immersion - having to go to panel feels more natural and immersive than selecting context menu option.
I've got only one suggestion - it would be nice to have some confirmation after committing teleport - eg. some 3 second counter (similar to one you've created for Alternatives to death).
This way player would have a confirmation that teleport is going to happen. In vanilla there was a flashing effect (didn't like it but IMO it was better than nothing).

NPC reactions / NPC taxi
Another great idea from you.
This mod generally makes for me stations more "alive" and less dull.
And having a galaxy ride with some NPC is a wonderful activity in itself.

Spotted bugs:
+ it's possible to call a mining drone (https://i.imgur.com/6lQCtJc.png) or a laser tower :D (https://i.imgur.com/TxkjEPV.png) or even venture ship.
+ when calling for second transport having first active - first mission is canceled but new one is not created.
+ mission is canceled upon entering and leaving M class taxi platform: https://streamable.com/dzfu5o
+ for consistency "Call for transport" menu option should be: "Call for Transport". I know, I know... ;)

And my opinions:
+ currently ride cost does not depend on flight distance - it seems a little odd that taking a ride to station 30km away costs same as travel through whole galaxy. Maybe it's possibile to take distance into calculation?
+ ETA time is nice but veery inaccurate. I know what "E" means here, but having timer jumping in few seconds from 3.21 min to 2.10 min and then back to 3.44 feels a little strange :)
+ from immersion perspective I don't see much reason for Osprey Vanguard (or any other M class ship) to take a single passenger for 8k credits profit. Maybe having just S class ships serving as taxi would be enough?

I'll play with other mods this week and test them a little.
Really appreciate your ideas and work here.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 18:10

Thanks for the detailed feedback! :D My comments on some of them are below. The others, are valid bugs that you've found which I'll fix and/or good suggestions that I'll implement.
Mycu wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 23:22
...Wear and tear...Also previous bug where this tab sometimes opened empty is fixed. ...
It may still show empty THEN get rendered, I think. I didn't bother trying to fix that delay because the data, which is specific to the mod, is sent from the mod - rather than taken from the internal game engine.
Teleport from transporter room...
One bug that I've already fixed: Sometimes the "Teleport to ..." button is not available after loading a save game and getting up from the pilot's seat. I've fixed it already. I'll release it sometime in the week.
NPC reactions / NPC taxi...Spotted bugs:
+ mission is canceled upon entering and leaving M class taxi platform: https://streamable.com/dzfu5o
Leaving the taxi (e.g. via spacesuit or teleport) before arriving at the destination does cancel the transport job. But I'll allow some time at the beginning so that the job is not canceledl before the transport undocks the station. (Your computer must be a beast! Your game looks so slick. I'm playing on a laptop from 2017. :D)
for consistency "Call for transport" menu option should be: "Call for Transport". I know, I know... ;)
Good pick-up on my titles. I appreciate them. I follow the, relatively new, practice of using sentence case for titles and labels. It's not a very popular practice amongst grammar nerds. And, logically, it's stupid. But I'm used to it.
And my opinions:
+ currently ride cost does not depend on flight distance - it seems a little odd that taking a ride to station 30km away costs same as travel through whole galaxy. Maybe it's possibile to take distance into calculation?
I think it's the same for the player transporting NPCs, right? I just guess that it is. But I can easily add a configurable multiplier. E.g. x1 every 500km (about the size of a standard sector, I think).
+ ETA time is nice but veery inaccurate. I know what "E" means here, but having timer jumping in few seconds from 3.21 min to 2.10 min and then back to 3.44 feels a little strange :)
Yeah, it is unfortunate that AI pilots are janky. E.g. They approach the dock (or enter the wharf) then do a pass to line the ship up. Similarly to the player's auto-pilot, the NPC's travel mode turns on and off during flight. But the ETA at the time of it's notification is correct calculated from (distance to player / taxi's current speed taken from the ship's internal data in the game engine) - IF the ship continues at it's current speed.
+ from immersion perspective I don't see much reason for Osprey Vanguard (or any other M class ship) to take a single passenger for 8k credits profit. Maybe having just S class ships serving as taxi would be enough?
I might leave them, though. I like seeing the different ship types. And, also, I like to differentiate the costs of the ship. S-class ships are pricier.
Last edited by kuertee on Tue, 1. Sep 20, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 18:13

Just a note about my mod, High Security Rooms Are Locked.
The currently released version of 1.0.1 is a little buggy in regards to the "inside operative" key access.
I'm fixing it at the moment.
In the meantime, I've hidden it from Nexus.
I suggest that it be uninstalled for now.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 22:02

It may still show empty THEN get rendered, I think. I didn't bother trying to fix that delay because the data, which is specific to the mod, is sent from the mod - rather than taken from the internal game engine.
Haven't spotted any issues. So far seems to work great.
One bug that I've already fixed: Sometimes the "Teleport to ..." button is not available after loading a save game and getting up from the pilot's seat. I've fixed it already. I'll release it sometime in the week.
Thanks.
Leaving the taxi (e.g. via spacesuit or teleport) before arriving at the destination does cancel the transport job. But I'll allow some time at the beginning so that the job is not canceledl before the transport undocks the station. (Your computer must be a beast! Your game looks so slick. I'm playing on a laptop from 2017. :D)
This should do the job.
I generally do not complain about my PC's performance - but sometimes FPS drops to 25-30 FPS in some dense asteroid areas. Removing fog helps a lot in this game.
Hoping that new 4.0 feature - volumetric fog will make things little better on visual and performance side.
Also found that FPS drops when in transporter rooms on stations. Strange.
I think it's the same for the player transporting NPCs, right? I just guess that it is. But I can easily add a configurable multiplier. E.g. x1 every 500km (about the size of a standard sector, I think).
Yes, that should help with immersion.
Yeah, it is unfortunate that AI pilots are janky. E.g. They approach the dock (or enter the wharf) then do a pass to line the ship up. Similarly to the player's auto-pilot, the NPC's travel mode turns on and off during flight. But the ETA at the time of it's notification is correct calculated from (distance to player / taxi's current speed taken from the ship's internal data in the game engine) - IF the ship continues at it's current speed.
OK, fair explanation :)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 22:15

Hi, made some tests to Alternatives to death mod.
Tried all of the options and these are my findings:

Alternative 1: Clone
* when respawned as a clone and went to a manager at cloning labs - I could buy next clones and each time money was withdrawn from my from my main (held in a trust) account.

Alternative 2: Descendant
* I woke up in some station with 0 Cr and no properties. How do I progress in this scenario?
* often I became indestructible when counter goes down to zero: https://streamable.com/98102d

Alternative 3: Teleport
This one works as advertised.

Alternative 4: Ransom
* game over: https://streamable.com/z41sqy
Don't know if I'm missing something? Few times it fired correctly.

Alternative 5: Assimilation
* same as previous one - Game over each time

Another spotted thing - when having all alternatives enabled - always Alternative 1 is chosen.
Wasn't it supposed to be random? So each time alternative is drawn from selected options?

In my opinion, alternative 1 is very, very good. It gives a player possibility to play some early game in the later stage :) It's a nice change.
I also like the fact that you gave possibility to configure clone cost same as the amount which is required to get properties back.
I will try to fully use this this alternative on next respawn.

Also Alternative 3 looks nice - definitely simpler that the first one, but also interesting.
IIRC on the latest AMA, Bernd mentioned that they will maybe look into applying some mechanisms preventing "game over" screen (player pods or something) but I doubt that Ego will implement such ambitious solutions as this mod provides.

Little shame that there is such small feedback from users regarding mods currently.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Fri, 4. Sep 20, 12:28

One thing came to my mind with Alternatives to death mod.

Currently when taking serious damage timer starts to count 30s and ship is indestructible within those 30s.
I assume, that 30s is enough time for every player to teleport to a safe location - by going to transporter room or with classic context menu option.
So in the end, player would have to intentionally stop evacuating in order to trigger one of the 5 alternatives.
The indestructible ship is on purpose. Otherwise, the Game Over screen will appear and will terminate your play. The 30s countdown (even if the mod starts it when it *assumes* the ship will be destroyed within 15s - with this calculation: hull-per-second-damage received * 15 greater than hull) is just to give the player enough ACTUAL time to leave the seat, go to the transporter room, and choose a teleport destination or to eject with the spacesuit.
From your previous post explaining how counter works, I can assume that game doesn't provide any hook on game over event - so it's not possible to fire one of chosen alternatives just before game over occurs without a indestructibility?

If not, so maybe it's possible to have a random chance (configurable ofc ;)) to have a broken transporter room/teleport when trying to evacuate or destroyed space suit (or both).
What I mean is that sometimes player's evacuation could be made more difficult or even not possible.
It would spice up things a little :)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 4. Sep 20, 16:30

Mycu wrote:
Thu, 3. Sep 20, 22:15
Hi, made some tests to Alternatives to death mod. ... Tried all of the options and these are my findings:
Nice! Thanks, again. I've been busy fixing the bugs that I introduced in High Sec Rooms Are Locked, and with RL work. I didn't get time to fix the other bugs that you reported. I'll get to them this weekend, or early next week.

Here are my comments to these lot of Q&A. I'll put those comments which I think may spoil the immersion of that feature working. Of course, that feature failing to work breaks immersion all by itself. :D
Alternative 1: Clone* when respawned as a clone and went to a manager at cloning labs - I could buy next clones and each time money was withdrawn from my from my main (held in a trust) account.
Oh? How did you know the money came out from the trust fund? Did you lose cash and property after death?
Alternative 2: Descendant* I woke up in some station with 0 Cr and no properties. How do I progress in this scenario?
That's a bug! One of the alternate starts failed in its set-up. I'll need to search for this.
* often I became indestructible when counter goes down to zero: https://streamable.com/98102d
That's also a bug. The code failed to remove you from the ship so that it can be destroyed without you.
Spoiler
Show
This happens when the code fails to find a suitable "other" ship that it needs to temporary teleport you into, before the explosion cutscene plays.
Alternative 4: Ransom...* game over: https://streamable.com/z41sqy...Don't know if I'm missing something? Few times it fired correctly. Alternative 5: Assimilation * same as previous one - Game over each time
This is also a bug.
Spoiler
Show
In this instance, the code teleported you back into the same ship that it needs to destroy.

Its obvious that my code to find suitable "teleport" location is too strict.
Another spotted thing - when having all alternatives enabled - always Alternative 1 is chosen. Wasn't it supposed to be random? So each time alternative is drawn from selected options?
Yes, but ONLY if you have no clones left. I missed describing that in the read-me. I thought that buying clones is an intentional act by the player that should prevent the penalties from a random unfavourable alternative.
...IIRC on the latest AMA, Bernd mentioned that they will maybe look into applying some mechanisms preventing "game over" screen (player pods or something) but I doubt that Ego will implement such ambitious solutions as this mod provides....I can assume that game doesn't provide any hook on game over event
NICE! modders should be able to intercept a hard-coded player-save from the Game Over screen. And, yes, there's no way to do that without making the ship invulnerable. I looked for a hook in the Mission Director (MD), UI (Lua) and the Cutscene code. I didn't find any.
...so maybe it's possible to have a random chance (configurable ofc ;)) to have a broken transporter room/teleport when trying to evacuate or destroyed space suit (or both).
Good idea! I actually have a mod in the early stages of planning (i.e. on Windows Sticky Notes) to add a "component panel" to the Transporter Room where your ship mods can be accessed and tweaked (and fixed) - AFTER installing them from the shipyard or equipment dock. A Teleporter Component that may break would fit in nicely with that mod. Remember the old game Sundog in which your ship capabilities are determined by the component you install? Ship at 25% engine speed: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... epairs.gif Ship at 75% engine speed: https://i1.wp.com/web.archive.org/web/2 ... -sub-c.gif
Little shame that there is such small feedback from users regarding mods currently.
I don't mind. I've always been interested in adding more to the NPCs in the X-Universe. I'm very happy that Egosoft gave us space legs. One of my original complaints (about X2 back in 2005) was the lack of the "human/alien factor" in the game: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81444&p=948503#p948503

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 4. Sep 20, 20:51

Awesome stuff, and thanks for pushing them to add more immersion over the years!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 23:03

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 4. Sep 20, 16:30
Oh? How did you know the money came out from the trust fund? Did you lose cash and property after death?
Just because I had 200.000 Cr in pocket when I went to buy another clone. I bought it and still had 200.000 Cr. And there was message panel saying that 1mln (configured amount) was withdrawn from my account.
Yes, but ONLY if you have no clones left. I missed describing that in the read-me. I thought that buying clones is an intentional act by the player that should prevent the penalties from a random unfavourable alternative.
Ah, ok - it makes perfect sense.
I actually have a mod in the early stages of planning (i.e. on Windows Sticky Notes)
"Early stages of planning" - it's a great name for Sticky Notes phase :D
to add a "component panel" to the Transporter Room where your ship mods can be accessed and tweaked (and fixed) - AFTER installing them from the shipyard or equipment dock.
A Teleporter Component that may break would fit in nicely with that mod. Remember the old game Sundog in which your ship capabilities are determined by the component you install?
Ship at 25% engine speed: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... epairs.gif Ship at 75% engine speed: https://i1.wp.com/web.archive.org/web/2 ... -sub-c.gif
Haven't played/knew Sundog, although got my first computer (C64) around 1987 IIRC :)
Idea with having ship's results dependent on components sounds like a hell of a fun. Same as having to repair some components after a tough fight.
I'm very happy that Egosoft gave us space legs. One of my original complaints (about X2 back in 2005) was the lack of the "human/alien factor" in the game: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81444&p=948503#p948503
From reading your older post I can clearly see why I'm thrilled when new kuertee mod is out or updated.
What you call "human/alien factor" for me is "immersion". Things that make logical sense - such as seeing freshly recruited pilot walking to my ship, climbing the ladder and taking a seat.
In your mods it's a need to go to transporter room to teleport, having to get access codes to get to security rooms, possibility to call a NPC transport etc.
I've been busy fixing the bugs that I introduced in High Sec Rooms Are Locked, and with RL work.
I didn't get time to fix the other bugs that you reported. I'll get to them this weekend, or early next week.
Please don't feel obligated to determine time to work on mods - there are more important things IRL obviously.
I am constantly fighting to find good balance between duties and my likings / hobbies :)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 10:57

Ok, I managed to install a new secondary SDD on my laptop.
My previous secondary HDD, where all my games were installed, died about two weeks ago - a few days after my last release.
Luckily, I managed to save my mods from it before it completely became inaccessible.
And I became busy with real-life work, anyway, about that same time.

Anyway, in the weekend, I was able to continue modding and bug-fixing.
Hopefully, these updates address the bugs found. Thanks, Mycu, for finding and reporting them.

Alternatives to death
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
Spoiler
Show
v1.1.1, 14 Sep 2020 PM:
-Bug-fix: Buying a clone doesn't remove monies from the player.

v1.1.0, 14 Sep 2020:
-Bug-fix: Prevent the death alternative sequence, that works "behind the scenes", from terminating by making sure that the "watch cutscene" location and the final location for the player are never empty.
-Tweak: Death alternative sequence tweaked: teleport from ship, destroy ship, transfer to trust/pay ransom, teleport to new location, show death notice.
-Bug-fix: Version number correctly appended to the names of clones.
-Bug-fix: The name of the employee in the "Teleport to safety by employee" notice should never be empty/null.
-Bug-fix: Allow the death notice to be closed. Previously, the player needed to click on the button "Mark as read" for the death alternative sequence to continue/complete.
-Bug-fix (maybe): Unlock the relations of Khaak and Xenon so that players can raise their relations to them, so that assimilation to their factions can work. Note that this didn't work in my current game. It MAY work in new games, however.
High-security rooms are locked
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540
Spoiler
Show
v1.0.2, 14 Sep 2020:
-Bug-fix: Ensure that $station is not empty so that clean-up of station data is executed when the station leaves high attention.
-Tweak: Add more code phrases.
-Bug-fix: Ensure inside operative can be reached by the player by adding the inside operative in the most crowded walkable module.
-Tweak: Method of finding locked rooms, unlocking them then relocking them.
-Bug-fix: The inside operative will need to get into a Transporter Room before the room is unlocked. Previously, the room was getting unlocked before this.
NPC reactions
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
Spoiler
Show
v1.3.1, 14 Sep 2020:
-New feature: Gate distance multiplier for the cost of taxis.
-Bug-fix: The list of available taxis should now only include those piloted by NPCs. Previously, drones, laser towers, and such were getting listed.
-Bug-fix: The player can now enter/exit the taxi while the taxi is still docked without the taxi AI terminating. Previously, the taxi AI would quit once the player exits even if the taxi had not left the dock.
Teleport from transporter room
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/553
Spoiler
Show
v1.0.1, 14 Sep 2020:
-Bug-fix: Ensure that the Teleport button is available immediately after game load.

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). Updated mods: Alt. to death, High-sec rooms are locked, NPC Taxis, etc.

Post by Mycu » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 11:43

Thanks for updates kuertee.
Hoping to find time to play X4 this weekend.
Or go fishing.
...or both ;)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”