[WIP - MOD] CASR - Community Alternate Start Revival

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mingan
x4

[WIP - MOD] CASR - Community Alternate Start Revival

Post by Mingan » Fri, 22. May 20, 23:55

So I loved the original concept in all of it's entirety and I still see people posting game starts that they built with the intention of inclusion into the original CAS. I don't have a great grasp on scripting for x4 yet, but I will do my best to pick the pieces of this project back up.

The Original CAS with start building guidelines: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=405102

Please drop game starts you've made that match up to the guidelines here and I'll do my best to get them in.
Good luck guys.

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] CASR - Community Alternate Start Revival

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 23. May 20, 02:27

Sadly, my game start requires one of my mods specifically for load order so it can't really go into another mod unless they also have the dependency.

You will also potentially run into issues with some requiring DLC and some not.

The good news is, I wrote my game starts in a way that can be easily copied with minor changes to be compatible with other game starts. They are based on the scientist start and boost_hungry's original code for spawning in ships to start with.

If anyone wants to look at the code, use parts, or figure out how certain things are done https://github.com/DeadAirRT/DeadAirDynamicWarStart

Feel free to ask any questions.

Mingan
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] CASR - Community Alternate Start Revival

Post by Mingan » Sat, 23. May 20, 02:46

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 02:27
Sadly, my game start requires one of my mods specifically for load order so it can't really go into another mod unless they also have the dependency.

You will also potentially run into issues with some requiring DLC and some not.

The good news is, I wrote my game starts in a way that can be easily copied with minor changes to be compatible with other game starts. They are based on the scientist start and boost_hungry's original code for spawning in ships to start with.

If anyone wants to look at the code, use parts, or figure out how certain things are done https://github.com/DeadAirRT/DeadAirDynamicWarStart

Feel free to ask any questions.
Firstly I love your mods but my computer doesn't. The extra size of your galaxy kills my current system. :(

I've already been looking at the possibility of needing to Split (pun intended) this into at least 2 parts. One for the base game and probably another for each dlc released. The basic framework doesn't seem like it will be hard to work with, mainly just merging and getting people to let me use/recompile their work.

I've looked at your starts while I was playing to try and see how you did some of what you did. It was right after 3.0 dropped and I was coming back for the first time since 1.5

Though tying into the second point it wouldn't be hard to do compatibility starts for things like your gate overhaul. Just a simple rewrite on most of the starts to point to their new sectors or maybe a quick lore rewrite. Thoughts for the future I guess. Anyways I'm working on throwing a start together just to make sure I'm understanding everything right. More to come later!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”