What needs to go in a CAT file?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

user1679

What needs to go in a CAT file?

Post by user1679 » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 05:07

I have a few mods that I downloaded that are loose files which cause the game to not load unless they are installed in the 'Documents' folder which is a problem for
multiple users on the same computer. I thought I would compile them into CAT mods so they can go in the X4 folder but they still prevent the game from loading.

Some mods I've downloaded are already compiled to CAT but they also have loose files. For example, G_Workaround has CAT/DAT pair plus
it also has a loose 'md' folder with files in it. I haven't been able to find a guide that explicitly says which files must be included in the CAT/DAT and
which files must not.

Thanks!

taintedxodus
x4

Re: What needs to go in a CAT file?

Post by taintedxodus » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 07:54

I believe that all the folders such as assets, md, etc can all be made into cat/dat files, content.xml is excluded. Im not certain on the lua's.

user1679

Re: What needs to go in a CAT file?

Post by user1679 » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 11:47

taintedxodus wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 19, 07:54
I believe that all the folders such as assets, md, etc can all be made into cat/dat files, content.xml is excluded. Im not certain on the lua's.
Yeah, I assumed that was the case so I packaged a mod into CAT/DAT files and put it in my X4/Extensions directory and the game still wouldn't
load. I guess there are some mods that simply won't work unless placed in the Documents folder.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”