Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Post Reply
GeneticResearch
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:04

Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by GeneticResearch » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:37

Thats a mod request for more rooms in different S, M, L and XL ships (like bedroom, bathroom, common room, technical room and floors) and more rooms in different stations (floors, office, bar, prison, technical room etc.).

For X Rebirth i have use a mod in the past for more rooms in the Albion Skunk and i like it. I like it to have more rooms in smaler (fewer rooms as bigger ships ) and more rooms in larger ships (more as smaler ships) as only the cockpit area in every ship.

Would like to have too the walkable stations in X Rebirth with their bars, floors, prisons, technical areas, office and others as only the landing area and the small teleport rooms in X4. I like the walking feature in X Rebirth, X4 Foundations and Star Citizen.In X Rebirth and Star Citizen it is fine and usable but in X4 Foundations senseles because no real rooms or areas what we can explore.

This mod request is post in the german forum for scripts and modding too to reach more people to read and realize this mod.

Thanks for participation.

captainradish
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat, 30. Apr 05, 06:09
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by captainradish » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 14:02

I would like this as well. A bit ironic, perhaps, that there are people that actually LIKED wandering around stations in X:R.

GeneticResearch
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:04

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by GeneticResearch » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:42

Ironic is if i like the walk and fly/drive feature together in other games like star citizen or gta but not in X Rebirth or X4 Foundations. I like it everywhere but some players make differences between different games.

captainradish
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat, 30. Apr 05, 06:09
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by captainradish » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:53

Ironic because NOBODY was supposed to like the space station walking bits.

aerojet029
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue, 20. Aug 13, 14:36
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by aerojet029 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 03:01

I kinda miss the loot

Privata
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:59
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by Privata » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 04:18

The game files mention a bar, and by the mentions of "racing ships" and "xenon holograms" it could be a different one from what we saw in Rebirth.

Walking around stations in X4 is good.
My issue with XR stations was how it never felt like a station and nothing felt "real" to me.

But in X4 it feels like a real place, you can look out the windows and it can be a good place to manage your fleet before heading off in your own ship

aerojet029
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue, 20. Aug 13, 14:36
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by aerojet029 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 09:42

some of rebirth's assets and references are still in the game files. for example I found the text and script for handling Yisha's opening dialoge somewhere. There is a normal bar in the game and it may actually use those assets. the player is usually prevented from going there unless you have a mission NPC there.

Riccardoman
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu, 9. Nov 17, 19:57
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by Riccardoman » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 11:42

aerojet029 wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 03:01
I kinda miss the loot
Me too I have to admit

User avatar
ADMNtek
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue, 7. May 13, 16:07
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by ADMNtek » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:46

Privata wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 04:18
The game files mention a bar, and by the mentions of "racing ships" and "xenon holograms" it could be a different one from what we saw in Rebirth.

Walking around stations in X4 is good.
My issue with XR stations was how it never felt like a station and nothing felt "real" to me.

But in X4 it feels like a real place, you can look out the windows and it can be a good place to manage your fleet before heading off in your own ship
the bar is where you find the back market guy but you have to unlock him first by doing a mission. and compared to XR i find it rather meh.
personally i liked the walking in XR more. yes the seeing ships land and move about is cool but it feels so pointless to do it. in XR you had reason to go to people. sell to traders get a trade agent or buy missiles, drones, ship mods, marines, hire personal or specialist for you stations. find loot.
all that is left in X4 is a trader with a few thing, the workbench, if you have him unlocked the back market guy, on a few stations the ship dealer, and the rep to buy blueprints. you can also still hire people but they are usually just 1 star peons.
and this is also why i think that this idea while cool is pointless. why add more rooms that are just empty? unless there is gameplay to fill them.

GeneticResearch
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:04

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by GeneticResearch » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 20:45

ADMNtek wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:46
Privata wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 04:18
The game files mention a bar, and by the mentions of "racing ships" and "xenon holograms" it could be a different one from what we saw in Rebirth.

Walking around stations in X4 is good.
My issue with XR stations was how it never felt like a station and nothing felt "real" to me.

But in X4 it feels like a real place, you can look out the windows and it can be a good place to manage your fleet before heading off in your own ship
the bar is where you find the back market guy but you have to unlock him first by doing a mission. and compared to XR i find it rather meh.
personally i liked the walking in XR more. yes the seeing ships land and move about is cool but it feels so pointless to do it. in XR you had reason to go to people. sell to traders get a trade agent or buy missiles, drones, ship mods, marines, hire personal or specialist for you stations. find loot.
all that is left in X4 is a trader with a few thing, the workbench, if you have him unlocked the back market guy, on a few stations the ship dealer, and the rep to buy blueprints. you can also still hire people but they are usually just 1 star peons.
and this is also why i think that this idea while cool is pointless. why add more rooms that are just empty? unless there is gameplay to fill them.
Hope it is possible for some inteligent modder to integrate this complex station and personal system from XRebirth to X4. It would upgrade the actual X4 Foundations game. I like the new X4 but this feature i miss.

xtra
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri, 16. Dec 05, 23:35
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by xtra » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 20:59

More rooms in the bigger L or XL ships :thumb_up:

Something like the Normandy would be very cool! :mrgreen:
ALLE X Spiele und alle Bücher!

jim_baem
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 5. Jul 17, 22:12
xr

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by jim_baem » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 13:17

Я бы мог попробовать сделать 3D модели для этого если бы кто нибудь нарисовал эскизы как это должно выглядеть в соответствие стиля дизайна игры.

I could try to make 3D models for this if someone drew sketches of how it should look in accordance with the style of design of the game.

AdmiralTigerclaw
Posts: 2100
Joined: Mon, 27. Dec 04, 12:49
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 17:30

ADMNtek wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:46

the bar is where you find the back market guy but you have to unlock him first by doing a mission. and compared to XR i find it rather meh.
personally i liked the walking in XR more. yes the seeing ships land and move about is cool but it feels so pointless to do it. in XR you had reason to go to people. sell to traders get a trade agent or buy missiles, drones, ship mods, marines, hire personal or specialist for you stations. find loot.
all that is left in X4 is a trader with a few thing, the workbench, if you have him unlocked the back market guy, on a few stations the ship dealer, and the rep to buy blueprints. you can also still hire people but they are usually just 1 star peons.
and this is also why i think that this idea while cool is pointless. why add more rooms that are just empty? unless there is gameplay to fill them.
It's called 'backlash'.

Sometimes, the devs have a good idea, but it takes a lot of fire. In X:R they obviously had a lot of negative reaction to players having to do RPG-esque run arounds on the station. Stuff that was formerly little more than menu connections.

As a result, they put automated menu options back in, but wanted to keep the 'you can leave your chair and walk around' aspect of doing things. Trying to support both sides at the same time like a politician tries to earn votes by waffling on an issue.



This results in a concept with potential, but that potential falls short of expectations because the effort isn't put into it. So right now, the concept is IN, but sorely lacking because the devs want to gauge feedback BEFORE they commit to all the 3D modelling and work that it would require. Especially after they got bushwhacked by angry responses in X:R.

I personally want to see more interior ship and station walkabouts myself. I would really love station modules to have fully integrated interior environments where I don't just step into a fast-trav-er... 'Transporter' and go to a tiny interior module. But actually leave the docking area, run the two or three km of interior station hallways, and end up in a habitation module somewhere where I can shop for experienced crew members. (But still, keep the fast travel, because BOY those would be long walks.)

I would also like to see more fleshed out interiors for ships. I don't mind if you can only get around using the fast travel to isolated modules. 3D Modeling out an entire ship can't be easy or quick. And mod-friendliness still has to be considered.

I'd like to see the following added to any ship big enough to handle it.

1: Crew quarters/ crew section hallway.
Including a bed, work desk that you can actually sit down in (so you're not a statue standing in the open while your map is up), and a decorative toilet. Maybe a space toilet and a shower stall. Command your fleet from your porcelain throne!

2: CIC (Combat Information Center/Command In Control, whatever)
A spot in your ship that acts as a command center that isn't exposed to space thanks to its windows. Kudos to being able to command the ship directly from there. This would make large warships feel authentic. Will require resolving Picture in a Picture view of flying the ship from a screen. Include MULTIPLE seats to sit in besides the backup command chair, and seats that allow you to command a turret directly if you want.

3: Engineering.
Allows you to perform repairs without having to go out in a space suit with the repair laser. (Would require adding a feature to just walking around, like having a repair laser in-hand). Perhaps also has terminals that allow you to micromanage certain aspects of your ship that you can't access from your empire menu or piloting.

4: Cargo Bay/ Airlock locker room
A spot that has storage where you can place your inventory items so they aren't ON YOU all the time when you get scanned, and has a more visually immersive spot to get into space suits.

shealladh
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu, 11. Jun 09, 13:29
x4

Re: Mod Request - More Rooms / More Ship Rooms

Post by shealladh » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:34

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 17:30
ADMNtek wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:46

the bar is where you find the back market guy but you have to unlock him first by doing a mission. and compared to XR i find it rather meh.
personally i liked the walking in XR more. yes the seeing ships land and move about is cool but it feels so pointless to do it. in XR you had reason to go to people. sell to traders get a trade agent or buy missiles, drones, ship mods, marines, hire personal or specialist for you stations. find loot.
all that is left in X4 is a trader with a few thing, the workbench, if you have him unlocked the back market guy, on a few stations the ship dealer, and the rep to buy blueprints. you can also still hire people but they are usually just 1 star peons.
and this is also why i think that this idea while cool is pointless. why add more rooms that are just empty? unless there is gameplay to fill them.
It's called 'backlash'.

Sometimes, the devs have a good idea, but it takes a lot of fire. In X:R they obviously had a lot of negative reaction to players having to do RPG-esque run arounds on the station. Stuff that was formerly little more than menu connections.

As a result, they put automated menu options back in, but wanted to keep the 'you can leave your chair and walk around' aspect of doing things. Trying to support both sides at the same time like a politician tries to earn votes by waffling on an issue.



This results in a concept with potential, but that potential falls short of expectations because the effort isn't put into it. So right now, the concept is IN, but sorely lacking because the devs want to gauge feedback BEFORE they commit to all the 3D modelling and work that it would require. Especially after they got bushwhacked by angry responses in X:R.

I personally want to see more interior ship and station walkabouts myself. I would really love station modules to have fully integrated interior environments where I don't just step into a fast-trav-er... 'Transporter' and go to a tiny interior module. But actually leave the docking area, run the two or three km of interior station hallways, and end up in a habitation module somewhere where I can shop for experienced crew members. (But still, keep the fast travel, because BOY those would be long walks.)

I would also like to see more fleshed out interiors for ships. I don't mind if you can only get around using the fast travel to isolated modules. 3D Modeling out an entire ship can't be easy or quick. And mod-friendliness still has to be considered.

I'd like to see the following added to any ship big enough to handle it.

1: Crew quarters/ crew section hallway.
Including a bed, work desk that you can actually sit down in (so you're not a statue standing in the open while your map is up), and a decorative toilet. Maybe a space toilet and a shower stall. Command your fleet from your porcelain throne!

2: CIC (Combat Information Center/Command In Control, whatever)
A spot in your ship that acts as a command center that isn't exposed to space thanks to its windows. Kudos to being able to command the ship directly from there. This would make large warships feel authentic. Will require resolving Picture in a Picture view of flying the ship from a screen. Include MULTIPLE seats to sit in besides the backup command chair, and seats that allow you to command a turret directly if you want.

3: Engineering.
Allows you to perform repairs without having to go out in a space suit with the repair laser. (Would require adding a feature to just walking around, like having a repair laser in-hand). Perhaps also has terminals that allow you to micromanage certain aspects of your ship that you can't access from your empire menu or piloting.

4: Cargo Bay/ Airlock locker room
A spot that has storage where you can place your inventory items so they aren't ON YOU all the time when you get scanned, and has a more visually immersive spot to get into space suits.
From their latest video, they are listening, watching, and concerned with the current predicament of peoples' viewpoint and feedback. This is a good thing, no matter what side of the fence we lye in relation to the subject. That said....

Definitely want to see more in station and ship interiors too. Like you see a trading vessel got down into a warehouse, with all the warning bells and whistles, but see none of it. However on the flip side, you see all the ships landing and people scurrying around, yes something seems amiss with it all.

Nice additions mentioned for ship interiors, cannot think of more atm. Aside from seats for passengers or something like that, seem weird the crew get vac sealed in a fridge for the journey and magically reappear/defrost on arrival or when they do a task.

Even having more areas on various stations, like street pedlars with certain "wares" that they are flogging (legit or not :wink: ;) ), NPCs having a fight in the bar. So basically things to breath some character into these stations when/if people want to walk around and involve themselves in that area.

I Like the idea of being an armchair back seat pilot. You could have a mini screen in the chair and have an option to issue order from there to not only the ship you're on, but all ships. As the ships get bigger, the more dedicated rooms, hell even a Captains office is within Frigates IRL. If you look at various ships in Sci-Fi, they have a lot more depth to them. This being a game and all, still is missing a lot of things that give players things to do or at a last recourse, choices.

We have food items, yet there is no option to "use" wares either. So anything that the smaller things liven up the game. Practical and useful things.

vrod
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue, 29. Sep 09, 19:03
x4

Assemble Team for interior rooms

Post by vrod » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 21:17

Hi all.

It seems we all share a passion about having some extra room(s) on the stations and ships.

For stations, there could be a med-facility. Sell them first-aid kits or delirium there, or maybe pickup some free needles. Also, go there to pickup sick patients to travel to other medical facilities. Use an incubator to hatch spacefly eggs (OK, it was a stretch).
Perhaps have rooms that are production rooms. Right now, you can fly a ship inside some of them. Might be nice to have a walkway or so in them. Maybe there is a control panel(s) somewhere in the production room that will let you tweak performance or check the stats of production. (in your own station or hack into another station)

For ships...well it has already been said. Lots of things can be added here.


*****

So, what do we need to get started?

1. A team.
2. A plan.
3. Talent.
4. Patience.

We would need modellers, coders, and folks interested in graphics. (for textures) Most importantly, we need knowledge as to how to build a room(s), review it, then stick it in the game.

If you are interested in joining the team, please PM me. We can do this, only if we can figure out how to build/review/put in game.

thanks!
-VRod

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”