Spacesuit Shunting bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

badblood449

Spacesuit Shunting bug

Post by badblood449 » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 04:12

Version 6.20 (511811) English
Vanilla game with all dlc installed
Game start being played is Tides of Avarice Smuggler's Paradise
When I leave my ship to spacesuit it teleports my spacesuit to the previous sector beside a jump gate. I have no hud and 0 control over the suit. Saving and reloading from this bugged state returns control of the spacesuit but the bug will happen the next time I try and spacewalk from my ship. I tested a spacewalk from a station elevator and everything works as normal. This happens consistently even if I change sectors. The only command that works in the bugged spacesuit state is the autopilot and ship menu.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2aukxhmx ... ib914&dl=0

There was a post about this on here but it seems it didnt go anywhere.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Spacesuit Shunting bug

Post by Nanook » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 08:56

Since your game isn't modified, the most likely problem is corrupted game files. Trying verifying your game with Steam (assuming it's a Steam game) and see if that helps. Good luck.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

badblood449

Post by badblood449 » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 13:58

Sorry, I forgot to mention it was indeed a steam game. I validated the files and found there were no files found to be corrupt.

badblood449

Post by badblood449 » Sun, 14. Jan 24, 20:43

Made a new game on the same start and it and as soon as i have gone through a gate the bug begins again. This makes the game unplayable for me.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 15. Jan 24, 07:59

Ok, I've loaded your savegame, flown your ship through the gate to Windfall, ejected, redocked, flown back through the gate to Black Hole Sun, ejected and redocked again, and everything is working normally. You might want to check all the controllers you've got connected to your computer and see if some of them are giving conflicting commands to one another. I run with a full HOTAS setup, including keyboard, mouse, Extreme 3D Pro Logitech stick, and CH Products throttle and rudder pedals. No problems. It's not the game so it's likely a controller issue.

It could also be a problem with one of your configuration files, such as inputmap.xml or config.xml. Try deleting those and reentering all your commands as needed in the settings. The game will generate all the defaults when you start up the game.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Frostea
x4

Post by Frostea » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 11:09

I also encountered this bug, but under different circumstances. I was trying to do a repair mission for the first time, trying to exit the space ship in the Black Hole system, results in the same shunting bug to Windfall.

Details:
Version 6.20 (511811) English
Vanilla game with all DLC installed and active. Venture extension also downloaded and active (version 1.23)
Game Start: Young Gun

The save file is exactly where the issue is encountered, as I had saved just before exiting the ship via space suit.

Save, dumps: https://mega.nz/file/PsFHWLKL#sGcbV8Sg- ... jvzADl2OWA

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”