Perf question for late game with many many stations

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mcailleaux
x4

Perf question for late game with many many stations

Post by mcailleaux » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 19:52

Hi

I'd like your opinion on the performance of my configuration

I've built no less than 58 stations in a single sector, with 400 ships to manage them all, and the performance in this sector is borderline playable.

I think I have a good machine:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
RTX 3070 TI

What I'd just like to know is whether I've reached the limits of the game in terms of performance, or whether I can change the system settings to make better use of my PC's resources.

What do you think?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Perf question for late game with many many stations

Post by CBJ » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 20:06

There are many factors to performance, and it's not really possible to answer your question, especially with so little information. A three-line summary of your system is no substitute for a DXDiag, you've not said what settings or screen resolution you're using, or even what frame rate you're getting or what framerate you consider "playable". Even with all this, there are no hard-and-fast rules; something as simple as placing the stations further apart could improve performance.

mcailleaux
x4

Re: Perf question for late game with many many stations

Post by mcailleaux » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 21:57

Thank you for your reply. Here is my dxdiag export: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yNMlHx ... sp=sharing

up to 15 fps I find it's still playable, generally I very rarely draw below 45. In my sector with 58 stations I'm between 5 and 8 fps.

As for graphics, I'm on ultra, 2560 x 1440, high FXAA. If I try 1920 x 1080 in low and without anti-aliasing I'm between 7 and 9 fps, so I don't think it's a graphics problem.

I agree about the spacing of the stations, I've tried in another sector to make small groups of 5 stations with a lot of space between each group and it's better.

Unfortunately it's too late for my main sector -_-

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”