[#1305]6.10 Beta Manticore cannot find valid trades, station storage not allocating for raw scrap?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RubyRezal
x4

[#1305]6.10 Beta Manticore cannot find valid trades, station storage not allocating for raw scrap?

Post by RubyRezal » Tue, 30. May 23, 00:54

Version and language: 6.10 Beta (503116), English
Unmodified
Custom Game Editor (Budgeted)
Exact nature of the problem: Player owned Manticore ships are frequently unable to find valid trades. I have my Manticore fleet restricted so they can only trade with my station. My storage allocations for raw scrap, scrap metal, and hull parts are practically empty, claytronics are low supply. Raw Scrap appears to have no storage space reserved even though my storage has plenty of capacity available? Buy offer is not being met by incoming trades.

Screenshots

I had removed these ships from the station fleet and put them in their own fleet so I could restrict their travel range, but once I did they started failing to deliver scrap reliably. After noticing how raw scrap does not appear to have an automatic storage reservation I'm going to try setting the buy amount manually to see if that helps. (a prior thread about this issue exists and this appears to be the suggested workaround.)

Save file and debug log below. Debug log has lots of AI script errors for trade.find.commander "find_buy_offer does not have a suitable container or space to search in.

Attached files,
Save file before error
Save file after error
xlog

Duplicate of [1785][5.0 + HF4] Station Salvagers 'No Trades Found' - Workaround offered.

Duplicate thread created according to moderator instruction.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 14. May 23, 20:15
Old thread and game version. Please start your own thread and supply the information requested in the Sticky at the top of the forum.

RubyRezal
x4

Re: 6.10 Beta Manticore cannot find valid trades, station storage not allocating for raw scrap?

Post by RubyRezal » Tue, 30. May 23, 17:33

Update: Manually setting the buy amount for Raw Scrap did not mitigate the problem. Manticore ships that are not assigned to salvage for a scrap processing station still fail to find valid storage for trade when restricted to player owned stations.

Assigning Manticore to salvage for a station allows them to reliably sell scrap to that station, but prevents manual restriction of maximum range.

Maximum range can be restricted through travel and activity blacklists as a workaround but this is a lot of extra steps that need to be done separately and redundantly for each blacklist. More if a player operates scrap processing stations in multiple sectors.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”