Player Faction livestream resets to civilian and I think I understand why.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Targ Collective
x4

Player Faction livestream resets to civilian and I think I understand why.

Post by Targ Collective » Mon, 29. May 23, 22:40

I'm not promising this is the reason because for obvious reasons I can't check the code to see, but computing is computing - it's all either/or, fully broken down, and there are only so many ways to confuse that.

The livestream keeps confusing the either/or on the player faction, and it always favours the civilian channel.

What is an either/or in the right place to confuse that is definable as a handle for the other factions? Reputation!

The player faction does not need a reputation check - you will always have access priveliges.

Hypothesis: NPC factions check whether your reputation allows military access channel privileges in case you lose them on channel.

Hypothesis: The player faction Livestream does not need reputation mechanics. This check is absent.

Hypothesis: The game always assumes the player has lost reputation because there is no difference between the civilian and military values. Or, the difference is not what is expected.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”