[6.0 H5] destroying admin module doesn't remove defense icon, sector not claimable

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rudi_pioneer
x4

[6.0 H5] destroying admin module doesn't remove defense icon, sector not claimable

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 28. May 23, 05:03

After finishing split plot (CUB ending) Family Zhin turned neutral. I've sniped two argon and two FRF family admin modules, but station icons stayed with defense icon. Tried destroying defense stations fully, but sector still stayed contested.

Something similar happened before too with CUB plot and sector ownership transition: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=455358&p=5185160#p5185160

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxeooopudxnai ... ml.gz?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 H5] destroying admin module doesn't remove defense icon, sector not claimable

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. May 23, 12:58

Any ship building/maintenance module of any size on a station also acts as a claim on the sector, as does a Trading Station.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: [6.0 H5] destroying admin module doesn't remove defense icon, sector not claimable

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 28. May 23, 13:25

I realized I posted follow up on wrong post, here it is now:

Update: after saving and loading the game, sector claiming works correctly. Only issue left is that defense station icon still stays as defense icon after destroying admin module.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. May 23, 15:32

I would expect that it would as the admin module can be repaired/rebuilt. What did you think the icon should change to? It's not a production site without the Admin module and it still has defensive modules, I assume.

If you demolish the keep of a castle, it's still a castle and doesn't automatically become a farm or an inn.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 28. May 23, 19:58

Ah I see what you mean! I was reporting this as a bug primarily because it's change from 5.x - before 6.0 (h5?) I was able to tell when station stops sector claim by shield icon changing to factory icon when admin module is destroyed, and back into shield icon when it's rebuilt. The way things currently are, I can't tell if station is actively asserting a claim or not.

That aside, both current and previous approach logically make sense to some degree; and restoring functionality of knowing which stations make ownership claim could be done elsewhere (sector details, etc)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. May 23, 20:43

Yes, but I suspect that was for production sites having some defences and maybe an admin module. That indeed could change icon while building or if under attack, depending upon the extant functional modules and their most representative overall functionality.

Similar to my analogy in the post above, if you had a fortified farm that had good defences and a keep then it could well be considered as a fort. Then on destroying the keep, it might cause it now to appear as a strong farm - if the agricultural elements outweighed the remaining defensive elements.

As far as I know, a damaged station with an output icon will not revert back to a construction site or generic factory, well not recently anyway.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 28. May 23, 21:47

Is there a way for me to test how this would work in 5.0 or 4.0? I remember I've used the icon change to tell when station is no longer asserting a claim (this is how I found out that Terran trading stations need to be completely destroyed), but don't remember when this changed.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”