[6.0 & 6.mts beta HF5] Collision geometry incorrect. Cannot access wreck containers and station data leaks.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RubyRezal
x4

[6.0 & 6.mts beta HF5] Collision geometry incorrect. Cannot access wreck containers and station data leaks.

Post by RubyRezal » Sat, 27. May 23, 03:27

Currently playing offline because I'm a noob and the expertly equipped and crewed ships doing missions in my universe were wrecking my game. Not that the XEN and KHK weren't doing that already. I need to get better and push back the Xen before I can rejoin.

Anyway, I happened on a wreck with a secure container stuck to it in Windfall. Went on a spacewalk to check it out and discovered the container is inside the collision geometry of the wreckage even though it appears to be attached to the visible surface of the wreck.

I tried to get close enough to repair the pressure leak but the repair tool can't hit it. When I got too close and bumped the wreck the whole wreck started spinning at 45m/s dragging me and my nearby Manticore along with it. (Or maybe I parked the Manticore too close?)

Thought I'd bring it to your attention because finding loot and not being able to loot it is disappointing.

Save file
Log file
Last edited by RubyRezal on Sat, 27. May 23, 16:16, edited 3 times in total.

Vheissu
x4

Re: [6.mts beta HF5] Cannot access wreck container

Post by Vheissu » Sat, 27. May 23, 09:56

Add this to my thread if you want: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=455725

I suspect strange collision behavior with wrecks is a more widespread occurrence. Should probably have all the reports in one spot. Hopefully the devs act on it.

Interesting to hear the wreck itself was moving! I was able to spot that happening once as well, but my collisions sent me flying at much higher speeds. Perhaps something to do with the mass of the object?

RubyRezal
x4

Re: [6.mts beta HF5] Cannot access wreck container

Post by RubyRezal » Sat, 27. May 23, 15:41

The wreck had been totally stationary when I bumped it at around 4m/s in my spacesuit. This is just wild speculation on my part, but maybe the wreck started spinning because the wreck is large enough to drag an M class ship, my Manticore is parked within the drag limit, and somehow its mass got included in the collision calculation?

I know nothing about the code or possible root cause of this behavior, but a relatively tiny critter in a spacesuit with EVA jets definitely shouldn't have enough mass or thrust to spin an L class wreck.

What annoys me more is the container being lodged inside the collision geometry which is not the same dimensions as the visible model. I've had a lot of problems reaching data leaks for the same reason. There seems to be a significant discrepancy on many objects between where the new physics engine thinks an object surface should be and where the actually visible surface is. Not so much an issue when flying ships, but a significant issue when your a roughly 1-2 meter speck and every meter counts.

Going to tie in this thread because it's related and still a problem. I've wasted a lot of EMPs trying to steal blueprints only to have all four data leaks spawn below the collision surface and out of scanning range. Cannot scan data leaks

Edit: Immediately after I submitted this reply I went to steal more blueprints and got multiple data leaks spawned inside the collision geometry of a station module and out of range of the spacesuit scanner.
Save File
Log File

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”