[6.00 HF 5] Bug - Automatic Resupply "use global setting" button is not working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shimohi
x4

[6.00 HF 5] Bug - Automatic Resupply "use global setting" button is not working

Post by Shimohi » Wed, 24. May 23, 21:56

For ships, the button here does not work:

and for stations, this button is also glitched.

Basically you click it once, it instantly toggles off, the ships start with this button enabled by default, but once you clicked it, its broken for good.
Stations per default are toggled off, and can never be toggled on.

Edit:

Also broken for ships in groups and groups themselves.

RubyRezal
x4

Re: [6.00 HF 5] Bug - Automatic Resupply "use global setting" button is not working

Post by RubyRezal » Thu, 25. May 23, 17:46

Can confirm. The "Use global/commander's setting" radio button for resupply instructions is broken for all ships and stations. It is off by default for all player stations and cannot be toggled back on for stations and ships once disabled.

This sets station subordinate resupply instructions to Off by default requiring subordinate resupply instructions to be set manually for every station.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.00 HF 5] Bug - Automatic Resupply "use global setting" button is not working

Post by CBJ » Thu, 25. May 23, 17:58

Please provide the information requested in the very first thread at the top of the forum, including which version it is, whether or not your game is modified, your DXDiag and so on. In this case, we also need to know the screen resolution and UI scale, and we need a savegame so that we don't waste time trying to reproduce something that only happens in specific situations. "Me too" posts that do not also include this information don't "confirm" anything.

Shimohi
x4

Post by Shimohi » Fri, 26. May 23, 05:52

Version: 6.00 (499061), English
Unmodded
2560x1440 Resolution with 1.0 UI Scale

I'm not going to upload a savegame, because you can just start as the Unworthy Entrepreneur and have the bug right away, on ship and station.
If you really need the dxdiag, please provide me an email I can send it too, because I'm not going to upload it randomly on the internet.

Thank you.

RubyRezal
x4

Post by RubyRezal » Mon, 29. May 23, 23:51

Version: 6.10 Beta (503116), English
Unmodded
1920x1080 Borderless Window, 1.0 UI Scale

It's not a graphical error or UI misalignment. The resupply radio box highlights when you mouseover it and it does respond when clicked. However, it behaves as if it has been double-clicked on and back off. If an automatic resupply has been manually set it will be reset to Off when the bug occurs.

I may have found a clue. The debug log shows that trying to turn on the automatic resupply global/commander radio button is caught as an error for attempting to set the station or ship's loadout level to an out of bounds value. The value is being clamped to zero.

Here's my save and debug log. I tested the bug with my Headquarters station. The errors demonstrating the problem are at the end of the log.

Save
xlog

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”