Basic Chassis mod research ( no destination ) + game freeze

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zdan30
x4

Basic Chassis mod research ( no destination ) + game freeze

Post by zdan30 » Sat, 13. May 23, 15:46

Started a new game yesterday 6.0 HF 4
Boron start
HQ is in Heretics End and up and running
Ive just started to research mods and i can select the Basic Chassis mod and Boso goes through whats needed and tells me about the nanites but the issue is i get no mission for it so i dont know what station the guy is on to go get the nanites, i did consider maybe it is because i havent found the sector the station is in but im not even getting a mission in the mission manager.

I have dont this mission probably 20+ times in close to 3k hours of X4 so i dont think its anything my end as ive double/triple checked.
I have tried reloading the game as that normally fixes most things but still no mission.

This is a save
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4x2d6bsfugep ... ml.gz?dl=0

Edit:
The game also froze 10 minutes later when boarding an SCA Phoenix, it froze when the report went in that i was attacking it, i got "comms channel open "from sector security and the game locked up.

Debug
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyleezxfkhgro ... g.log?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Basic Chassis mod research ( no destination ) + game freeze

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 13. May 23, 16:54

I have very recently done this in vanilla in the same game version and gamestart as you and had no issues at all. Have you verified your game installation since the last update?

The only other scenario I can think of is whether the mission character and location etc was created, but then their station was destroyed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sat, 13. May 23, 18:00

You could very well be right, i also thought i havent discovered grand exchange yet and i wonder if thats causing an issue now that the HQ start is in Heretics, i did have an issue early on where i had found the HQ and met Boso but when looking for signal leaks later on the first one i had was Boso talking about his split captors.

The game didnt freeze when boarding this time but i think that was because i let them finish collecting drones before i started attacking (possibly).

I did verify game files just in case and all were fine, i did a fresh install around the time the KE DLC dropped but its worth checking.

Will report back if it starts working after i explore some more

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sat, 13. May 23, 20:10

I have tried several things and explored more sectors but im still not even getting a mission in the list so it seems to me like it hasnt activated, im not sure what else i can do, any ideas?
If the station was destroyed wouldnt it just pick another when the mission is activated again not that the mission is showing activated in the list :?

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 14. May 23, 09:29

Adding more information

Vulkan info
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzv92wch0foxx ... o.txt?dl=0
DXDiag
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2mborytqmeaj ... g.txt?dl=0

The issue is still persisting but im going to try do the herald quests and finish of what i can of the other research items in the hope that it will just magically fix itself

David26
x4

Post by David26 » Tue, 23. May 23, 23:12

Currently facing the same problem. It seems to be an old bug. I've seen some solutions to this problem. None worked in my case, but they might in yours.

Talk to Boso in person and start the research next to him.
Start the research with SETA active.
The mission location seems to be a SCA station most of the time. Try to discover them all.
It's possible for the target station to lack a dock (destroyed/under construction).

Hope one of them helps in your case.

drunkensqrl

6.00 Basic Chassis Mods research mission doesn't start

Post by drunkensqrl » Thu, 25. May 23, 11:49

Version: 6.00 (499061) EN
No mods or other modifications of any kind
The Untested Explorer start

I don't get the mission to get the nanites when starting the basic chassis mod research. Boso Tar gives his little intro speech, but then nothing happens. No mission, no crash, just nothing. I've ignored it for a while hoping it'll eventually fix itself, but after almost 3 days of play time it still won't start. I resorted to digging around in the save file and came to the (possibly wrong) conclusion that the game tries to place the quest NPC on the HAT Scrap Processing Factory (HME-652) which has no S/M dock and probably fails due to that, but I have no idea how to fix it. I haven't tried destroying the station yet, and I rather wouldn't resort to that.

Save file: https://file.io/U5Bw2txUbzvK

David26
x4

Post by David26 » Thu, 25. May 23, 13:59

It might be under construction. Try to provide the building materials. If it has an L/XL dock, try docking there.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. May 23, 14:11

"If it has an L/XL dock, try docking there." Unfortunately, until the station has a working S/M dock, the room where the mission NPC will/should spawn cannot exist.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

drunkensqrl

Post by drunkensqrl » Thu, 25. May 23, 14:18

I tried docking with an L ship, but like Alan said there is no room to teleport to on that station. Also, as far as I can tell, there's nothing under construction, build storage has no open trades and there's no builder in sight

David26
x4

Post by David26 » Thu, 25. May 23, 14:48

drunkensqrl wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 14:18
I tried docking with an L ship, but like Alan said there is no room to teleport to on that station. Also, as far as I can tell, there's nothing under construction, build storage has no open trades and there's no builder in sight
That's bad. I will probably edit my save file and set mission to "completed" if I'm able to find it. Just to see if it solves the problem.

David26
x4

Post by David26 » Sat, 27. May 23, 00:48

I ended up editing the save file.

Adding the following lines like described here viewtopic.php?t=403250, skips the mission.

<research ware="research_mod_ship_pre" method="research"/>
<research ware="research_mod_ship_mk1" method="research"/>

This will flag your save file as "modified"!!!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”