[#1309]Menelaus' Reminiscence is hostile due to Friendly Fire, status won't reset after several hours

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sodobean

[#1309]Menelaus' Reminiscence is hostile due to Friendly Fire, status won't reset after several hours

Post by sodobean » Mon, 1. May 23, 20:52

During the quest to attack the Kah' ak, cross fire caused the Menelaus' Reminiscence to become hostile. I can't finish the quest because it requires me to land on the ship. Hostile status hasn't reset even after several hours. Any advice?

Version and language (e.g. 1.0 English, etc.).
-6.0 English
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods (see note below).
-None
Game start being played.
-The one where you are a scientist.
Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time.
-After defeating the Kah' ak during the boron highway quest, brought a fleet of my own to help during the battle, deployed turrets and suddenly boron ships became red and my fleet started engaging the boron. The Menelaus was almost destroyed.
Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred.
-Upgraded GPU
Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to saves *, screenshots and crash dump files (see this Wiki entry).
-None

My save game:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhCRTbgHzHOPh9oJM1t ... A?e=d2wq7a

EDIT: Extra info.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Menelaus' Reminiscence is hostile due to Friendly Fire, status won't reset after several hours

Post by Gimbutz » Fri, 26. May 23, 11:52

Thank you for the report. You write that you're not using any mods, and that you used a vanilla gamestart (Scientist). However, when I load the save, it is marked as modified. Are you sure you didn't have any mods installed at some point, or that you tweaked the gamestart in the custom game editor?

sodobean

Re: [#1309]Menelaus' Reminiscence is hostile due to Friendly Fire, status won't reset after several hours

Post by sodobean » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 22:48

Yes, I am sure. The game marked my save as modified even when I wasn't using any mods. I even made a post in Reddit. Unfortunately I didn't realize until several hours had passed and had no previous unmarked auto saves to go back. https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... t_no_mods/

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [#1309]Menelaus' Reminiscence is hostile due to Friendly Fire, status won't reset after several hours

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 23. Jun 23, 17:05

X4 will mark a save as modified if X4 was modified when you saved, or if the save file was modified or corrupted outside of X4.

X4 will display an intrusive warning popup if it marks itself as modified, as well as display the orange "modified" text near the version number in the escape menu. This mostly triggers when X4 loads a data file that does not match what it was expecting, such as from having a mod installed or something going wrong during I/O, e.t.c. Saving after this dialog appears will mark the created save as modified. These save files will show "modified" in the load menu.

Externally modifying a not modified save file will usually result in a save file that will cause X4 to be marked as modified upon load completion, but the save file itself might not be marked as modified in the load menu. This is because the save file data integrity is only checked when loading the save file, with a cached "this save is modified" field being used when previewing saves to load.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”