BUG Autopilot not working (after changing to beta and back)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zalzany
x4

BUG Autopilot not working (after changing to beta and back)

Post by Zalzany » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 05:49

I reinstalled the game opted into the beta, opted out I can not get auto pilot to function at all. I set objectives and tried to shift a nothing going into menu using my xbox controller its blacked out. I am sitting in the pilot seat still doesn't want to autopilot. Its just completely disabled for me...
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Mon, 27. Mar 23, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added info to title

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: BUG Autopilot not working

Post by CBJ » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 09:37

You've not really given us a lot to work with. Other people are able to use the autopilot, so clearly there is something you've done, or not done, locally that makes your situation different, but you've given us no information that would help us identify what that might be. The very first sticky thread at the top of the forum tells you the basic information that you need to provide in order for people have a chance of helping you.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: BUG Autopilot not working

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 11:07

This caution from the beta installation and changelog sticky might be relevant:

"Note: When switching back from the Beta to the Release version, you may encounter problems with the controls. To resolve this, go to the in-game Start Menu and select Settings, Controls, Load Profile, then select the default profile from the list. Alternatively, if you make a copy of your inputmap.xml file before starting the Beta, you can simply copy this file back into your \Documents\Egosoft\X4 folder. Deleting the file will not solve the problem as it will be restored from the Steam Cloud."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”