[bug] Weird Steam achievement triggers

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exohobbit
x4

[bug] Weird Steam achievement triggers

Post by exohobbit » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 15:12

Long-time X player here (since X2) but doing my first real attempt at X4, Terran Cadet start. Noticed that I earned a couple of Steam achievements without doing anything resembling the achievement description:

"Have to Start Somewhere -- Build the first module of a station": I earned this immediately after buying a small Terran mining ship, very early in the TER mission sequence and before having ever built anything station-related.

"Rising Property Values -- License the biggest available plot for your station": I earned this immediately after buying the first dock for the player HQ. I've no idea what it means by "licensing" a "plot", but I clearly have done no such thing.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [bug] Weird Steam achievement triggers

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 15:21

Could it be that you've already progressed to plot up to the point where you get given your own HQ station? In any case, a save game where we can see the situation for ourselves would be really helpful.

exohobbit
x4

Post by exohobbit » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 00:43

For the first one ("Have to Start Somewhere"), I had not progressed to the Player HQ missions yet, no. As I recall, I was still working on the "Defenders of Sol" mission when I bought a small Terran miner. The achievement triggered immediately, it seemed as though it was triggered by me the construction of the ship.

For the second one ("Rising Property Values"), yes -- it triggered as soon as I constructed the required dock on the Player HQ. I have not built any other modules on any stations, ever.

Happy to send you my save game, but I've played a bit since these issues happened, so not sure if it'd still be useful...?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 01:39

exohobbit wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 00:43
For the second one ("Rising Property Values"), yes -- it triggered as soon as I constructed the required dock on the Player HQ. I have not built any other modules on any stations, ever.
The HQ is a fully licenced 20x20x20 plot, which is the biggest available station plot size. As such it makes sense to award that achievement. If getting that achievement should be that easy is another discussion lol.

When building in sectors owned by NPC factions you need to "licence" the plot otherwise they will see station construction as a hostile action and you will periodically lose reputation with the sector owner faction. This is usually done when placing/sizing/manging the plot, however the HQ plot already comes licenced in Grand Exchange. Like wise, any stations the player starts with as part of their game start should come already licenced.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”