the game crash if using tides of avarice DLC

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MassterJ
x4

the game crash if using tides of avarice DLC

Post by MassterJ » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 20:03

Hello,

Sorry if this was already asked but i can't find nothing about. I play x4 last update 5.10 with the two first dlc on my very old computer gaming machine and it's work perfectly. Now of course the game advertise me my graphic card is not up to date and i can't update if more due to this 10 years old graphic card (GeForce 770M). But.... i have installed the last DLC Tides of avarice and when i start the game it's crash. i have try multiple way, turn on compatibility with windows 8, force the game to use the only one graphic card listed, changing resolution, nothing work. anyone have ideas and know how can i solve that please? then i can continue playing the game? (i can't buy a new computer for now perhaps in summer... )

thank you very much in advance for the answers,

MasterJ

BitByte
x4

Re: the game crash if using tides of avarice DLC

Post by BitByte » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 20:12

Most probably someone would like to get your DXDiag but how about start telling your hardware (e.g. amount of RAM and size of pagefile).
Have you checked Windows eventlog what error comes when game crash?

In case you have less than 16GB of RAM make sure you have enough big pagefile (For 16GB RAM atleast 12GB of PF. If less RAM then more PF).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 20:33

Yes the DxDiag will help a lot with any investigation, as would info about your game such as its source and mod state. Is there any reason this is not posted in Tech Sp?

Have you verified your game installation since installing the DLC? It may be that the DLC installation was corrupted or incomplete.

While your graphics card is at or below minimum spec for X4, the most important thing might be your graphics driver version and hence your Vulkan. That is where the DxDiag will help us to see. Upload it to a reputable public fileshare site and just post the open public share link to it here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MassterJ
x4

Post by MassterJ » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 13:54

Hello,
Thank you for the fast replies,
Hoooo damnn.... i miss post into the wrong forum section....
Ok i wilk search were are these dxdiag log and I redo a post into the right section of the forum.

My settings are intel core i7 @2,7ghz 2x. Windows 10, 16gb ram, GeForce Gtx 770m drivers 453.75 vulkan 1.1.15. The game work fine if I downgrade it to 4.20 and if i turn off tides of avarice i can start the game but from 5.00 to 5.10 it crashes when i'm on my ship (i do a free game editor with points), with tides of avarice it's crash directly after the logo of egosoft. The game was buy on steam and i have only the vanilla files (with all dlc) Ok then I will do this properly into the right section and with theses log files. Thank you again

MasterJ

MassterJ
x4

the game crash if using tides of avarice DLC(good section)

Post by MassterJ » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 19:29

Hello,

Ok i rewrite on the right section of the forum, my troubles with the game. I have a 10 years old republic of gamers (asus) computer. I know my graphic card drivers can not be updated because ... it's a 10 years graphic card.
I can play games like Kerbal Space Programm 2 on it and with only super light lagg, no man's sky it warm me about updating my drivers... of course... but the game work like perfect (and with high settings !), and more games run great with warning or not about the drivers. My problem is when i want to play X4 5.x the game start and crash directly after the logo of egosoft come, if i use the vanilla game and all the three extensions vanilla DLC. if i turn off tides of avarice the game launch and crash but only when i'm on my ship after 3 mins. at least it's start i can choose new game for example (that's what i done).

My computer settings are : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770M windows 10
Game setting: X4 stock vanilla with all stock vanilla DLC, steam version

you can found the DXdiag and the vulkain informations files (txt) here :
https://dropmefiles.com/XiAui

Thank yo very much for the replies and help. I hope i can replay X4 again on this poor and old computer (but great machine)

MasterJ

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 19:32

I'll move the thread over now that you have added the DxDiag link. Check out the Tech Sp 'Read before Posting' sticky at the top of that forum as it will help you to provide the right info. :)

From the DxDiag, your graphics driver is very outdated, and hence your Vulkan, but it is the latest driver for your now unsupported Nvidia mobility card. That, along with the card being at or below minimum spec for X4, could be an issue with newer X4 versions and DLCs.

Your Windows Error Reporting is filled with just 2 types of serious error: Package_for_RollupFix which seems to be a Windows Update servicing and cache service (I suspect your update history cache is just too big and has never been cleaned out), and lpksetup.exe which is a language pack set up utility. These two areas might be affecting your system stability and so worth some investigation.

Otherwise the DxDiag looks OK.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MassterJ
x4

Post by MassterJ » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 09:29

Ok 👌 good,
History.... it's surely never cleaned lol perhaps a hidden folder and can't be cleaned with cleaner programm. Yes indeed this great computer is now outdated, so... i was wondering why it's working in 4.20 and "suddenly" just because i have a warning message the game stop working, i can perhaps sort that out. But it's seem i just need to be patient and wait for have money and buy a new computer to play x4 again.
Thank you for the help !

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 00:35

If you really want a clean system I recommend backing up important data and reinstalling the operating system. This can potentially fix underlying driver or operating system issues that cleaner applications cannot.

MassterJ
x4

Post by MassterJ » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 21:25

It's the ultimate solution indeed. At least the final result: I can play X4 foundation with two dlc in 5.00 without any problems, only a few lagg during loading but it's my very outdated graphic card. I have forced the game to run, choose and use the GeForce graphic card, i only have this one but it's seem resolving lot of trouble .(sometimes i need to set up my screen resolution to 600x800 before starting a "crashing" game and when the game launch come back on desktop and run at 1920x1080 again but it's not "x universe" games related). So perhaps if i clean everything i can play with tides of avarice who know. I prefer to have a working 5.10 game without the last (for now) dlc instead of a total not working game in waiting of a new computer at christmas 2023. :) 😀

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”