Bug:Beta 6.0:AI ships with fixed guns and turrets not using fixed guns - Explained?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Thunder_Child_
x4

Bug:Beta 6.0:AI ships with fixed guns and turrets not using fixed guns - Explained?

Post by Thunder_Child_ » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 16:32

I'm attempting to use a Falx to board an SCA pheonix. The falx has 4 TER M proton barrage fixed guns and two beam turrets.

I initially controlled the falx manually and disabled all of the pheonix's engines and guns, then I get out of the seat and wanted my captain to handle taking the shields and hull down with the boarding command. I initially selected 'strong' hull and the pilot DID start doing attack runs, but was only using the beam turrets, not the fixed guns.

I cancelled the boarding command and attempted a simple attack surface shields command but he's doing the same behavior. I tried making an aggressive fire override command but that didn't work; I also tried removing the 'disable' checkbox in the ships behavior orders area but the AI still doesn't use the main fixed guns. Falx is not in a fleet nor a wing.

My rep with the SCA overall is -5 (the ship says -30 since I manually disabled it).
I DO have a modified game but no mods that should be affecting attacking AI ship behavior. I would attempt to replicate in vanilla but I don't know of any dev commands to get me to the same situation.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Bug:Beta 6.0:AI ships with fixed guns and turrets not using fixed guns

Post by CBJ » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 17:33

I'd suggest you used the Public Beta Feedback forum (after reading the forum rules at the top and providing the information requested), but since your game is modified there is nothing for us to investigate there any more than there is here. You would have to reproduce it in an unmodified game - manually, there are no "dev commands" you can use.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: Bug:Beta 6.0:AI ships with fixed guns and turrets not using fixed guns

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 10:52

It's trying to damage the target without blowing it up.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”