BETA 6.00-BUG?: Losing 5 reputation with Vigor Syndicate every 5 minutes - WAI, explained.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

BETA 6.00-BUG?: Losing 5 reputation with Vigor Syndicate every 5 minutes - WAI, explained.

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 13:24

Version 6.00 Beta. English. Windows 11.
Unmodified.
DLC:All
Game start: Custom Game Editor (Budgeted)
DXdiag: https://easyupload.io/dljh2j
Save: https://easyupload.io/deirua
Screenshot:

Hello. After I did a quest involving the RIP and VIG questline about protectyon and sided against the VIG I seem to be steadily losing rep with them.
At first it was a -21 rep decrease, and I went from +11 to -10. Then every 5 minutes after that I steadily lose 5 REP with them.
This has happened 3 times now and my rep is at -25.
I'm unsure if this is intended, because It can seem like it according to the quest I did, however I want to make sure here to avoid any confusion or bugs in the game.
It seems to stop when im at -25 rep.
Last edited by Omni-Orb on Sat, 25. Feb 23, 14:02, edited 2 times in total.
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: BETA 6.00-BUG?: Losing 5 reputation with Vigor Syndicate every 5 minutes.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 13:28

At less than +20 rep with VIG, common staple goods are still illegal there. Do you think your ships have been trading in those in VIG space and getting harrassed by VIG and/or defending themselves?

This is unlikely to be a new-to-beta issue and so I'll leave the thread here for now. See Imperial Good's post here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 13:47

I tried it again from an earlier save :https://easyupload.io/khjaoy (I have the reagents to buy SETA for testing)
The exact same thing is happening. -5 rep loss exactly every 5 minutes
I dont have many ships and all my ships are docked or idle outside VIG space.
It seems to stop when im at -25 REP.
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 14:03

Could VIG ships be visiting near your stations? Link.

I can't find references to gradual and precisely timed rep losses due to the plot (unless it's new in 6.00), just that serious rep loss happens instantly on siding against them.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 14:10

I only have the HQ and its in Argon Prime and it doesn't have any turrets.
I'm very sure its none of the player assets causing this, it must be connected to the questline where I chose to side against the VIG.
However I first lose rep -21 with them, then three times -5 every 5 minutes after that event.
It is for sure connected to the questline.
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 15:30

Just for completeness, have you yet paid any protection money in the plot to help prevent VIG attacks on your traders? It may be that doing that prevents further rep losses over time after the initial big hit, but I don't know that for sure since I just paid when invited.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 17:07

I feel so stupid now, I didn't realize there was follow-up missions. Obviously this is happening because I am delaying the follow-up missions, they didn't auto activate and get set to active, so I am guessing this is the reason why.
It is most likely meant to be that way, although I would be questioning why, but then I haven't done the follow-up missions yet, I will do that now and report on what happens.
Credence follow stars.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 27. Feb 23, 01:43

The following contains spoilers but explains what is going on for anyone who stumbles across this thread in future.
Spoiler
Show
The North River twins are meant to have put a bounty on the player's head with VIG that is increasing over time. This is implemented in that you periodically lose reputation until all-out war with VIG. This reputation lasts until you finish the story objectives by both destroying the specified station and paying VIG off. At the end of the section, your reputation is restored to be what it was at the beginning of the section, irrespective of what you did during the section, meaning that you are free to go "all out" on VIG during the section and destroy as much of them as you like while still ending up friendly with them at the end. Paying VIG off will immediately lock your reputation above the threshold that they attack your civilian ships but still attack your military ships for the rest of the section, something that is recommended to do as soon as possible if the player owns a significant civilian economy at risk of damage by VIG.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”