TrackIR has been working fine for over a year..now no joy - Workaround for now.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dirtcheap74
x4

TrackIR has been working fine for over a year..now no joy - Workaround for now.

Post by dirtcheap74 » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 05:46

Still works in X3 and all other games. Figured it might be corrupt save, but even on new game start no Track IR. Tried Reinstalling TrackIR software. No go. I do switch the cockpit off a lot so is there some hidden button combo I might have hit to disable it? It has worked since whenever TrackIR support was put in so like 2 or 3 years ago? I could find no flip/switch in the setting like Star Citizen or many Combat sims have.

It feels super wierd to not have TrackIR help.

Still works great in XRebirth and X3 so I guess I can play something till I get this figured out.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: TrackIR has been working fine for over a year..now no joy

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 10:56

Which X4 version, which OS, and have you verified the game installation recently? What else (such as hardware, etc) has been changed since it last worked in X4?

See if anything here helps at all.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 11:16

Please run the game with game launch option -logfile debuglog.txt (file will be in the save folder) and share it here or look for Tobii related info.

Also, there should be something visible in the config menu related to Tobii options... (if Tobii was device was detected)

MFG

Ketraar

dirtcheap74
x4

Post by dirtcheap74 » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 14:35

Hello all I found a fix at least for now.

I am running the 6.0 Beta. Windows 10. The install has about 40 hours of play, no mods but all three released DLCs.

After doing a lot of searching I came across this command line to plug into the steam executable:

-forcehmd trackir

It worked.

I started a new game and loaded some others. It is now back on. If I strip the command out it turns back off. Its like the game turned trackir off or I did somehow unknowingly with some odd button combo press by mistake. Ill get the -logfile debuglog.txt soon.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 17:31

Oh, that's a good find, thanks for reporting this back to us!

Still curious of why this would happen. The code related to TrackIR should be almost identical between XR and X4, and if I recall correctly there were no recent codechanges related to that ( at least not since 5.10, probably even longer ago ). Did you have any recent changes on the hardware side, maybe you added a Tobii to your system or some other "vr-like" device?

dirtcheap74
x4

Re: TrackIR has been working fine for over a year..now no joy - Workaround for now.

Post by dirtcheap74 » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 03:23

No I have not added any new hardware. I have never had VR or Tobii hardware/software installed. Its funny, I am still using a TrackIR 4.0 from like 2010 I think. The software is the same as 5.0 TrackIr software so I have never had any issues with game support.

I did do a Radeon driver update the day before but it worked after that. As far as X4, I do not think it has anything to do with 6.0 beta as I started a new game after installing the beta, no mods. And it worked for over 42 hours. And X Rebirth it still works with very old saves and and new games so it would seem the trackir software is working ok. It sure feels like I toggled a "switch" in the game somehow. Sometimes I am doing other things while my ships are flying on autopilot or whatever and when I hear the klaxon blare as XN approach I run over and start mashing buttons to get out of dodge, but...it seemed to work until I started the game back up later. It did not stop mid game. So maybe its not looking for TrackIR untill I put the exe flag in the run command?

If I figure anything else out Ill put it here.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: TrackIR has been working fine for over a year..now no joy - Workaround for now.

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 09:52

One other thought, there is a hotkey "Toggle VR Tracking" (quite far near the bottom of the general list) - which also applies to TrackIR.
Default mapped to CTRL+T, maybe you hit that one accidentally... Although I don't think that's stored, so I'd expect restarting the game would have helped.

dirtcheap74
x4

Post by dirtcheap74 » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 14:44

Well now it seems X4 will no longer use TrackIR even with the -forcehmd trackir put in the steam start up arguments (or whatever it is called) box. Nothing works. I have once again reinstalled everything (except X4) and still no go. Kinda out of ideas. I tried the hotkey for VR does not seem to do anything.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”